TRUST

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

TRUST IS A WORD WITH MANY DEFINITION TO ME ITS LIKE A SILENT FAITH WORD THAT COMES ALIVE WHEN USE PROPER / IMPROPER WHAT I MEAN IS IT IS USE TO FIND OUT THINGS .ANYWAY LEARNING ABOUT TRUST IS FOUND IN THE BOOK OF GEN 15; 6 WHERE ABRAHAM TRUST IN AND RELIANCE ON GOD.

TRUST IS HAVING CONFIDENT IN A PERSON LIKE A SERCUITY AND THATS THE RELATIONSHIP GOD WANTS TO HAVE WITH US IF WE WOULD LET HIM BUT FIRST FAITH IS THE RIGHT HAND .

TRUST IS LIKE CONFINDING IN SOMEONE AND HOPING THAT YOUR SECRET IS SAFE  AND THAT THEY HAVE YOUR BACK ALSO ITS NOT THAT YOU DONT TRUST AGAIN FEAR COMES AND MIX UP THE PLAN GOD HAS FOR YOU .IT ALL DEPENDS HOW WE SEE OUR SELF SO IT COMES WITH UNDERSTANDING THE MEANING OF TRUST LET GO AND LET GOD MOVEING ON . SCRIPTURE : ON TRUST JOB13;15 39:11 PS 25:2;31:6 ISA 50:10;JER49:11 MIC7:5 NAH 1:7  MAT.27:43 LK18:9

Donna Riley
      Participant

Trust is the total belief and reliance in someone or something. One’s expectancy level is so high that failure is deemed impossible. One’s hope is up, confidence level is high, assurance is sound, and surety is so profound, that one is looking forward to the outcome of any situation because it is guaranteed to be in their favor. Jeremiah 17:7-8 sums it up perfectly, blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. This trust is what Jesus exhibited in the Father. He believed that the plan of redemption would work. He believed His Father would not leave Him in hell but would resurrect Him on the third day. He believed this to be so true that he agreed to die a horrible death trusting His Father would keep His word.

Donna Riley
        Participant

The word trust in Jeremiah 17: 7-8 is the word betach (0982) in Hebrew. It means to have confidence, to be bold, to be secure, and to feel safe. In Genesis 26:12, Isaac was told by God to stay in the land during the famine and He would bless him. Isaac had to trust God to take care of him and his household. Isaac sowed in the land and reaped a 100 fold return during the drought period. Not only did Isaac have more than enough food for his household, there were large quantities left over. The extra he sold to the Philistines and the wealth of the Philistines was transferred to him. Isaac became very rich and powerful. Isaac trusted God would keep him during the hard times and God did. Isaac spent time with God, heard from God and obeyed God’s voice. These are the keys I believe must be followed in order to be truly successful in anything we do.

Donna, I love that scripture. It reminds me of Psalm 1.  Yes, Jesus had to trust God to raise him up out of hell so we should exhibit that same trust and confidence in God no matter what situations we face.  If he brought Jesus out he will bring us out.  Glory!!!

amen I receiving it know sis

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

Here are a couple of my favorite scriptures concerning trust.

Psalms 118:8 “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.” This scripture reminds me of the unreliability of men. Humans can and will fail us, so we should always leave room for disappointments. However, our Lord never fails. He’s always on time. I know that I know that I can depend on him so I place my trust in Him always!!! He died for me!!! How can I not trust Him?

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.” One would think that we should know what’s best for ourselves, but in actuality, we don’t. I have gotten myself in more jams than I’d like to remember. But the fact is, no matter how much we think we know what’s best, we often get it wrong. Jesus however, will never lead us astray. He knows what’s best for us and what’s not.

Psalms 91:2 “I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: My God: in whom will I trust.” I am safe in the Lord. Should I see or face danger I can trust in the Lord to keep me safe. When the everyday cares of the world seem to overwhelm me, I seek solace in Him. I give my cares to him. There’s no safer place than in the Lord.

Monica, share a little bit about your favor scripture of the three you have posted.  Thanks

Rhonda
      Participant

I will trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not unto my own understanding, for I walk by faith and not by sight.

Rhonda, share a little bit about the scripture you have posted.  Thanks

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

I can trust in people to a limit, but I put my main trust in the Word of God. There is the ultimate place where I can rest my trust and know that what am believing for will come to pass. It’s a reason why Jesus say that I must trust in him with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding. As He knew, what he has spoken in his word will never fail. Heaven and earth will pass away but not His Word, it will always accomplish what it was send to do. Amen!

Good morning, Students: Just a reminder regarding for your trust assignment. Find a scripture regarding the topic of trust, research the scripture by looking at the Hebrew (Old Testament scripture) or Greek (New Testament scripture), look up the definition of it as it pertains to that verse, meditate on the scripture and then post what you got from it.  Blessings

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The verse about trust that I chose to meditate on is Proverbs 3:5  and 3:6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. The Hebrew word for trust in this scripture is ” betach” and it means to be confident, secure and sure. Trusting God to me means  to be secure in His love for me and what He says about me. I have to know, in my mind, heart and soul that He is working all things together for my good even when I can’t see it, even when I don’t understand. When I trust in him, I can rely on him- I can lean on him. His arm never fails. When I was a child and we were in a rough season financially,  (rent not paid for months, Mac n cheese for days, 5 kids), my mom was worried and she voiced her concerns. We were going to get evicted, not have enough to eat etc. and I just kept thinking God ain’t gonna let this happen to us. I was so convinced that God would not let us starve or be put on the street that I turned to my mom and said just that. We ate and we were never put out praise God! As I got older and people failed me, betrayed me or I had to find my own way I started to develop trust issues and that worked its way into my relationship with God.  I think God wants us to trust him like little children trust. God never fails, leaves us or forsakes us.

Great post, Stacy!  It is so true a lot of times our inability to trust God is based on what people have done to us.  When they have fail or did not keep there word it is very difficult to put trust in anyone, even God.  I thank God, that He has a proven track record.  It is impossible for him to lie or fail.  That’s why we can put our complete trust in him.  Glory!!!!

Diamond Carter
        Participant

Stacey, i stand on the same scriptures. I am the type of person that has to put my trust in God, i want and need so many things if i didn’t trust God i think i would be crazy by now.

Marita Smith
      Participant

Psamls 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God in will I trust. This is the scripture that I chose to meditate on.

Batach (982) is the Hebrew word for Trust which means to attach oneself, to trust, confide in, rely on, feel safe, be confident, secure associated with firmness or solidity.

I can trust God no matter what it looks like, no matter what the doctor says, no matter what the bank account says I have the confidence and the trust in him that he is going to work it out on my behalf. I have the assurance that I can rely and depend on him and know that he will never fail me, leave me nor forsake me. I feel secure in him knowing that I can always rely on him even when I can’t see it or when I don’t understand.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Isaiah 26:3-4

3.Thou wilt keeps him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
      4. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength
      </
      The Lexical aids to the Old Testament (Hebrew) language Trust in this scripture:

Batach (982) or Betach (983) – to attach oneself, to trust, confide in, feel safe, be confident, secure; to be careless, to rely on, a confident expectation, not a constant anxiety. <u>We can truly relax when we know God is in control.</u>

Many times this scripture has been real to me. Lately when I was going through the situation with my son, not knowing where he was. This was one of the scripture I had to stand on, trusting in God word for perfect peace. I knew that God word would never fail; it helped me to sustain my peace.

Diamond Carter
      Participant

Trust to me believing. Believing in something so blindly that without a shadow of a doubt that, that thing will come to pass regardless to how long it’s taking. My favorite scriptures on trust are Proverbs 3:5-6; Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Diamond Carter
      Participant

Trust to me is believing. (typo)

Diamond Carter
      Participant

Christina, i like what you said here. I want that blind faith like Abraham.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘TRUST’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center