Home Forums Layperson’s I – Sections 5 & 6 – Nature of Man / Life of Christ Forum The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 1 Forum: February 11, 2016 – Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 1 of 7” dated October 4, 2012.

The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 1 Forum: February 11, 2016 – Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 1 of 7” dated October 4, 2012.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Welcome Students to the Nature of Man/Life of Christ Class.  We will begin this week’s  forum with discussion on the video clip from Dr. Creflo Dollar entitled, “The 3-Part Make up of Man 1 of , dated October 12, 2012.  Please watch the entire video and then post your response to the following questions:

1. What are the three parts of man?  Which part was redeemed?  Explain

2. Why are most people confused with the soul and spirit? Are they the same or different explain?

Rhonda
      Participant

The three parts of a man are: Spirit, Soul and Body. My spirit was 100% redeemed when I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. My soul is in the process of being saved and this happens when I renew my mind with God’s Word.  It is important to note that my soul will not be totally redeemed until my body is totally redeemed.

Most people are confused with the soul and spirit because they use both terms interchangeably believing they are the same. However, a person’s spirit and soul are not the same. We are made up of three parts, hence the term “3-part beings”. We are spirit beings that posses a soul and live in a physical body.

Pastor Dollars’ explanation of the make up of a man was very clear and easy to comprehend and I recall Pastor Walker’s teaching on this subject as well. I found it very interesting to learn that after our bodies are glorified we will get our natural coat back and won’t need clothing. Glory to God!

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Rhonda, I’m in agreement with you. Isn’t it amazing that once our body is glorified we will have our “natural coat” back and not be in need of clothing? Another interesting fact is that until our body is redeemed neithet will our soul, it remains in a renewing process.

Good Job!

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Man is made up of three parts: Spirit, soul, and Body. We are three parts being. We are a Spirit, we posses a soul, and we live in a physical body. However, the Spirit is the only one that is redeemed. The born again experience is a re-born of your human spirit by the Holy Spirit.

It is easy to interchange the spirit and the soul, as only spiritual people would understand spiritual things. Lack of knowledge concerning the spirit and soul has kept many from experiencing God’s best. However, the spirit and the soul are both different. First, one has to understand that we are a Spirit being, and our spirit has experience the new birth. With that new born the Holy Spirit pour out all that he is, Love, healing, prosperity, peace, and all of the fruit of the spirit. Secondly, our soul consists of our mind, our will, and our emotion. Our soul doesn’t get rescue or change until we start to renew our mind with the word of God. Clearly, it is understood that our Spirit is totally renew, but our soul has to be renew daily by the Word of God.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Yes, Lilly, you are right, the Holy Spirit poured all those into us and more. But if we do what Sister Maria said and just took one of the fruits of the Spirit say patience, how difficult it is to bring out what was placed in us. It is good for us to continue on this earth to help others find the right path, ohhh, but what a glorious day it will be when we don’t have to fight the good and evil battle anymore.

Great Job!

Lilly, that’s where most people lost the battle.  They believe that once that are saved that is it, however, they do not know or realize that their soulish realm (mind, will, emotions) needs to be renewed and that comes from spending time in the Word of God, meditating the Word.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

The 3 parts of man are Spirit, Soul and Body. The Spirit was redeemed. When I accepted Jesus Christ and was reborned.,,my Spirit was redeemed. My soul is in the process of being redeemed as I attend Church regularly and reed the Word regularly. My body will be redeemed when it dies a physical death and God returns and resurrects me with eternal life and my body is glorified.

Most people are confused with the terms spirit and soul because they tend to use them interchangeably. We are a Spirit being that possess a soul and dwells in a physical body. Hence, the term “3-part beings”.

The spirit of man is in the Spirit realm and God conscious. The spurit of man is the heart of man. Whereas, the soul is in the Mental realm and is Self conscious. The soul of man consists of the mind, the will, and the emotions.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The three parts of man are the Spirit, the Soul and the Body. The part that was redeemed is the Spirit. When you are saved,or born again, your Spirit is the part that is completely new.  You cannot be partially redeemed. You are completely redeemed. It is a finished work. My Soul (mind, will and emotions) is continually in the process of being redeemed as I study the Word and renew my mind. Our bodies will be redeemed when the Church is Raptured.

Most people are confused with the terms Soul and Spirit because they have been used interchangeably for years.  Many people haven’t been taught in this area as well. These terms are not the same. A Spirit is what we are. A Soul is what we possess.

Rhonda
        Participant

Stacy, I am in agreeance that many haven’t taught that the spirit and soul are not the same. I thank God for true revelation of his Word and understanding of who we are.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

So true!  I have often heard people say that they got their soul saved; meaning that they received salvation.  Now I truly understand why they are incorrect.  What they really meant to say was that they got their spirit man saved.

Good point!

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Stacy, its so good to know that we have not received the spirit of the world, but the  same spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Lilly you are so right all the fruits of the spirit has been imparted in us through the Holy Spirit, and all we have to do is tap into it and receive what we need by faith.

Marita Smith
      Participant

The three parts of a man are Spirit, Soul and Body. We are spirit beings that posses a soul and lives in a physical body. The part that was redeemed was our human Spirit; When we got saved our human spirit became re-born by the Holy Spirit. In our spirit is where we can fellowship with God listen to him, and speak to him, we can also make contact with God in our spirits for all the things that we are believing him for.

People are confused with the soul and spirit because they think they are the same and they are not. They have been using them interchangeably for a very long time. The part of us that got saved was our human spirit. Our spirit was changed and impacted by the born again process when we received Jesus as Lord over our lives. This born again experience is the re-birth of our human spirit. The Holy Spirit poured his love into us and has imparted in us everything that we need into our spirits healing, deliverance, prosperity, wisdom, peace and joy. However the soul our (mind, will, and emotions) was not the part of us that got re-born, and its in a consistent process of being redeemed, its not going to change or become rescued until we renew it by the word of God by reading the word, meditating on the word day and night, and listening to word being taught.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Rhonda, I also found Pastor Dollar’s teaching on us receiving our natural coat interesting. It is something that I have never heard mentioned before and definitely will be studying further.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Marita, I like that you used the word “rescued” when talking about our souls. God saved our spirits but we are responsible for saving or rescuing our souls by renewing our minds.  We are also responsible for keeping our bodies holy for God’s use.

Stacy, that is true. We focus so much on the spirit and the soul we forget we have a responsibility to keep this body under as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9. That is a full-time job telling your flesh what to do. Thank God the more you control it (the flesh), it won’t control you.

Donna Riley
      Participant

Man is a spirit that possesses a soul and lives in a body. So then man is a three part being, spirit, soul and body. The part of man that is redeemed is the spirit. The soul does not get rescued or saved until the person starts to renew their mind with the word of God. If we don’t renew our minds we won’t be able to make contact with all the provisions that God has already given us.

Most people are confused with the soul and spirit because over the years they have used the two words interchangeably as if they are the same. They are not the same. When you were born again your soul was not the part that got saved. Your soul doesn’t get rescued or saved until you start renewing your mind with the word of God and your soul will not be totally redeemed until your body is totally redeemed. The human spirit is the part of man that was reborn, that is the part of you that was saved. When a person’s spirit is reborn, the Holy Spirit pours everything He has into that person. Everything you need is in your spirit. Your spirit man is the only thing that was changed the day you made Jesus Christ your lord and savior.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

Man is made up of three parts; the spirit, the soul, and physical body.   When I received salvation my spirit man was redeemed.   The I was made a new creature in Christ Jesus because I have a new spirit.   My soul is continually being renewed by God’s word.

The spirit and the soul are often misunderstood.  Many people use these words not knowing what part of them it really represents.  Our soul is made up of our mind, will and emotions.  We have to renew our minds daily with the word of God.  Our soul will not be fully redeemed until we feed it with the word of God.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 1 Forum: February 11, 2016 – Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 1 of 7” dated October 4, 2012.’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center