Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 7 – Faith of God Forum The Faith of God Week 2 Forum Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Faith of God Week 2 Forum Thursday, March 31, 2016

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Discussion Forum:      Video “You already have Faith, Get Rid of Unbelief” Part 1

• This week’s forum is based on video clip “You already Have Faith, Get Rid of Unbelief” Part 1 the speaker: Pastor Creflo Dollar watch the entire video and respond to the following question:

• What do you have to do to get rid of unbelief in your life? Please elaborate with specifics and scriptures to back up your response.

Meditate, meditate on the scriptures in the video all week long.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

To get rid of unbelief in my life, I first have to acknowledge that unbelief is presented. These are the three signs, which let me know unbelief existed:

1. When I’m in fear, fearing that God’s word wouldn’t work.
      2. When I’m worrying, meditating on the wrong things rather than the promises of God.
      3. When I’m carrying the cares, all the concerns of the problem.

Even though I have faith in God’s promises, which is the driving force for manifestation, if unbelief is presented, the thing I believe for would not manifest. However, when believing for the promises of God, I have to be single-minded. As James 1:8 stated, “A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways,” James 1:7 “for let not that man think that he shall received anything of the Lord.”

When we focus on the problem, we are considering the issue, which would harden our heart toward the promises, the same in the opposite. The things we think about most, we will be tempted to believe. In the clip, Pastor Creflo Dollar mention that even though he had faith to be healed, he was considering the problem by researching what he might need to do to get healed. He was in faith and unbelief at the same time, meditating more on the problem. By wavering between two forces, this would block the healing process. Abraham, the father of faith, consider not, nor did he staggered concerning the promises of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God: And being fully persuaded that what he had promised, he was able also to perform (Romans 4:20-21).  

Keys to remember, unbelief comes in three different ways:

1. Ignorance about not knowing, don’t have the knowledge,
      2. Disbelief comes in through, wrong belief or false teaching,
      3. Natural unbelief comes from tradition and your five senses.

Consider what God told you, and receive his grace through faith!!

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Lilly you are so right!  I refuse to be unstable!  I also stand on James 1:7-8.  I had to make up in my mind that I will only trust on His word.  It is a daily task though, but now I know after watching this video what tools to use.  I also know the weapons that the enemy uses to try to shake me.  So now I can stand firm in my belief!

Rhonda
        Participant

Lily as you mentioned, “when we focus on the problem, we are considering the issue, which would harden our heart toward the promises”. Since we live in a natural world it is easy to be carnal minded and not live in the Spirit. We should meditate on the promises in the Word daily and let it become rooted in our hearts.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Lily and Rhonda I am so relieved that I have finally found out a missing step. This is a big step. Unbelief is detrimental to our faith walk. This will take discipline, changing a habit is not as easy as you would think. This is the year of Great Faith and I want everything I desire even the dreams that have died. Unbelief is no longer allowed in my life, meditating on God’s word is much easier on the brains anyway. I am now on the road to great things happening in my life now.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Lilly, there’s a ssying…Why pray if you’re going to worry? Too often we pray and claim to be standing on our faith, but at the same time we worry about the situation. Our carnal mind wants to hold on to how big the problem is instead of how big our God is if we only believe. It takes the God kind of faith to get rid of our fears, cares and worries. If we constantly renew our minds and confess God’s word we will free ourselves.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

To get rid of unbelief in my life I first got to realize that it exists.  Most times when we are standing in faith for something and it doesn’t manifest it self; we think that our faith did not work.   Often times we think that it must not be the will of God, or that it just wasn’t my time, but as long as we are praying according to the will of God’s Word we can trust and believe that it is His will.    When we were born again we were given the gift of faith.  I was given Jesus-Faith!

Galatians 2:20 tells me that I live by the faith of the Son of God.  Therefore it cannot be that my faith was inadequate if what I was believing God for did not manifest.  I must recognize that it must be a sign that I have unbelief in my heart.   I cannot think that I can receive anything from God if I have unbelief in my life.  But how will I know if unbelief is present?   Well it shows up in three distict ways; fear, concern and worry.    When I am believing God for something the enemy always attacks with these three weapons.  Foe rxamble, if I am believing for the success of my business; he will send fear to try to knock me off my game.  If I am believing for the salvation of my child; he will send in concern to try to shake my belief in what God had promised me,  “As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord!” – Joshua 25:15.  If I am believing God for the bills to be paid;  he will try to burden me down with worry.  “How will they get paid?” “Am I going to be cut off?”  “How am I going to make it?”    Fear, worry and concern can no longer have a place in my life if I am to get rid of unbelief.

Unbelief originates in three ways.  One way is because of ignorance.  That is why we have to make up our minds to get more of the word seeds of God into us.    We must increase our knowledge of the promises of God so that the enemy cannot fool us.  We got to plant those scriptures in our hearts.   Another way is through disbelief.  Many people have been brought up with so many traditional beliefs that it is hard for them to believe otherwise.  For example if they were brought up all their lives believing that it is wrong to shout when praising God in church, like some denominations do, it will be very hard for them to understand that we can Shabach unto the Lord.  Yet another way is through natural unbelief.    It is so easy to believe what we see, hear, and feel that often times that can nullify what we are believing God for.    We can be believe God for healing but the pain in our bodies can be so distracting that it causes us to fall into unbelief.  The best way to get rid of this kind Jesus said was by fasting and praying.  We got to put our bodies under control.  We got to quiet our senses so that we can stay in belief.  Trust and believe that it will come to pass.

Rhonda
        Participant

Roxanne, I am in agreeance with you that to get rid of unbelief in my life I first have to realize that it exists. Before watching the video from Pastor Dollar, I never really considered that unbelief and faith can exist at the same time. It reminds of Peter in the Bible who had faith to walk on the water, but because of the what his natural senses showed him, natural unbelief arose in him and as a result he began to sink. But as Spiritual beings we must be lead by the Spirit and not be moved by things in the natural.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Roxanne, the devil always sends his tactic for us to focus on the wrong thing. It’s just like him to use the tools like fear, worry, and cares, as we live in the natural world where our senses appear real.  We have to continue feeding our spirit the word of God. He always comes in our weak point. He tries to catch us off guard, but we will not give him any grounds. We will not be ignorance to his devices, but we will speak and meditate the word only. Amen!

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Roxanne, I am in agreement with you concerning the forms of unbelief especially as it pertains to physical healing. I knew that God offered and could in fact heal my body. However, when my physical body was hurting that would overshadow my belief and caused me to consider the pain I was feeling in the physical and not claiming the PROMISES God has given me. Not anymore!!! By His Stripes I Am Healed!!! No matter what it may feel like sometimes, I know and believe that I am in fact HEALED!!!

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Monica I stand in agreement with your healing!  It is already done.  The pain is a lie that comes from the father of lies.  We are no longer ignorant to his games and tricks.  We now know how to attack the unbelief in our lives.

Rhonda
      Participant

The video entitled, “You Already Have Faith, Get Rid of Unbelief”, Part 1 by Pastor Creflo Dollar was very enlightening and served as a reminder that the grace of God has already provided everything that I need for this life and it is a finish work.

Galatians 2:20 reminds me that as a believer, I live by the faith of the Son of God. Faith is needed to access the grace of God, but it is very important to understand that unbelief counter balances and short circuits faith. According to 2 Peter 1:1 and Romans 12:3, when I became born again I was gifted with the faith of Jesus.

The Bible demonstrates that it is possible to have both faith and unbelief (doubt in your heart) at the same time. In Matthew 10:1 Jesus gave his twelve disciples the power to cast out unclean spirits and the power to heal all sickness. Mark 6:13 states that the Jesus’ disciples casted out many devils and healed the sick. However, in Matthew 17:14-20 a man brought his son who was possessed to the disciples for them to cure him. Jesus explains that his disciples were unable to cure the man’s son because of their natural unbelief. In Luke 17:5-6 the disciples asked Jesus to increase their faith. However, it wasn’t because of the disciple’s lack of faith why they were unable to cure the man’s son. Even faith the size of a grain of mustard seed can speak to a mountain and command it to be removed and cast into the sea or speak to tree and command it to be plucked up by the root and planted in the sea.

Pastor Dollar stated that unbelief comes in from: ignorance, disbelief, and natural unbelief. Ignorance comes from the lack of knowledge and can be undone up by hearing and believing the Word. Disbelief comes from wrong teachings or instructions that becomes tradition. To get free from disbelief, I must hear and believe the truth.  Finally natural unbelief is unbelief that comes from what my natural senses are indicating to me. Jesus told his disciples to pray and fast to overcome natural unbelief. Fasting helps my carnal flesh to not be moved by the things in the natural realm and helps me to live in the Spirit.

According to Mark 5:36, to get rid of unbelief (stress, fear, worry, and care) and doubt I must only believe. I must meditate on the Word and not contemplate, think on, consider or focus on the problems. It is important to focus on the promises of God, instead of carrying the cares of the problem. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways, James 1:8 KJV. I have to be single minded concerning the promises of God.

I recommit to renew my mind and I am believing for manifestation of what God has already done to come to pass in my life. I only believe!

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Rhonda, it’s so great to know that everything we desire, or need had already been prepared by the finish work, when Jesus said, “It is finished.” Our part is to receive everything by the grace of God through faith. That’s why we can’t afford to walk in unbelief. We are believers, so we have to walk by faith and not by sight in order to receive the  promises of the finish work.

Donna Riley
      Participant

When I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior, I was made righteous and I received the faith of Jesus. I am not seeing the manifestation of my desires in my life because of unbelief. To have my desires come to pass, I must get rid of unbelief in my life. Unbelief comes when I meditate on the problems and not the solutions or the promises of God that are associated with each particular problem. To get rid of unbelief in my life, I must study the word of God; pray and fast to remind myself that I operate not in the physical realm, but in the spiritual realm; meditate on the promises of God that is associated with each problem I encounter and act on the word of God which proves to God I do believe.

When I am burdened with debt, I remind myself that I am a 100 percent tither and I give offerings. I will meditate on Philippians 4:19, “But my God will meet all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” When I encounter health issues, I remind myself that healing is a part of the redemptive plan. I also work the part of my body that is causing me discomfort. For example, if my knees are hurting I would go for walks up hill and declare that by Jesus’ stripes I am healed. Isaiah 53:5. When I am encountering adverse situations in my business, I remind myself of what God said to me. He said, “I put you here and no one can move you.” Also, I remind myself that according to Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” When I ask God to expand into another area of business, once He agrees with my decision, I meditate and speak these words, “Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!” And God granted him what he requested.” 1Chronicles 4:10. I then begin the process of starting the business.

This is the process I will go through with all the events that occur in my life. I will meditate on the promises of God and not the problems. I will get rid of unbelief, when my spirit, soul and body are all aligned which will make me single minded. The word of God has a scriptural solution to every issue that crops up in my life. I just need to find, meditate and act on the scriptures that gives me the solution to each problem I encounter.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Donna now that you have learned not to focus on the problems, and to meditate on the promises only concerning any situation or circumstance that comes up in your life; you can have the victory in everyone of them. God’s promises are true; they are yea and AMEN! even when it looks like nothing is happening that doesn’t mean it not going to happen. Remember we serve a God of the supernatural not the natural and he is behind the scenes working things out for our good advocating and interceding on our behalf.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Donna I love the part where you talked about your knees and walking up the hills.  That is what faith in action looks like.  We must keep pressing in regardless of what our physical bodies might be telling us.  That is one way to fight natural Unbelief.  As you walk up the hill keep confessing what God has promised you.  You are the healed and not the sick!!!

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

<span style=”font-size: 100%;”>The video entitled “You Already Have Faith, You Need To Get Rid Of Unbelief” was very enlightening and gave me a lot to think about.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 100%;”>In order for me to get rid of Unbelief I must first acknowledge that it exists. My worrying about the problem, taking on the cares of the problem and fear regarding the problem are all indicators that unbelief exists. </span>

<span style=”font-size: 100%;”>I can have faith and unbelief can still be present as well. According to James 1:8, A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. I can pray about the problem and know that God can take care of the problem, but I can also have fear regarding the problem, walk around worrying about the problem and carrying the cares of the problem with me daily.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 100%;”>Unbelief enters in through the forms of ignorance, disbelief and natural unbelief. Ignorance is to not know, not having any knowledge. Disbelief is unbelief that comes from wrong teaching and or instruction. Natural unbelief is unbelief that comes as a result by what our five (5) senses says to us. An example is walking by sight and not by faith. There were many times that I prayed for my healing, but when I would feel the pain in my hips natural unbelief took over.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 100%;”>I was gifted with the Jesus kind of faith when I was born again, as it is written in Galatians 2:20. The grace of God has already provided everything I’ll ever need in this life. I access this grace by faith. </span>

To be rid of unbelief I must first STOP thinking on the problem and ONLY think of the PROMISES. According to Isaiah 53:5, by His stripes I am healed.  I must STOP considering my deficits, my finances, my bills and consider the PROMISES. Malachi 3:10 States: “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”

I must spend more time fasting, meditating and praying God’s Word.

Marita Smith
      Participant

To get rid of unbelief in my life I first have to acknowledge that unbelief is present in my life. Once I have recognized unbelief in my life, I have to now re-new my mind by meditating on the word day and night and not letting it depart out of my mouth.(Joshua 1:8) The three aspects of unbelief are Fear: not believing God’s word will work in my situation, Worry meditating on the problem and not on the promises of God concerning the situation,and Care caring the cares of my situation and not casting them on him as he has said in his word in 1Peter 5:7. I have to be single minded concerning the promises of God if I want to receive the manifestation of what I am believing God for,James 1:7,8 says a doubled minded man is unstable in all his ways and will not receive any thing of the Lord.

Unbelief can come in our lives through Ignorance not having the knowledge concerning the situation, that why it’s very important that we study, meditate, and get the word of God down in our hearts and in our spirits; so when the enemy comes in, we are clothed with the whole armor of God that we can stand against him and his cohorts. It also come through Disbelief this is the result from receiving wrong teachings or wrong instructions, again its very important for us to study and know the word for ourselves, that we would be able to recognize wrong teachings when we hear it; we are not obligated to receive any word from anybody regardless as to whoever it is pastor or no pastor unless it is backed up by scriptures. Natural unbelief is another way unbelief comes in, this is unbelief that comes with what our natural senses are showing, I’m standing on 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes I am healed, yet I’m still feeling the pain; I begin to doubt the word because it looks as if the word didn’t work.

I know I have faith to believe that the word works, but I can have faith and still be in unbelief. Perfect example: In the video Pastor Dollar give the story about the disciples in (Matt.10:1)where it says that Jesus Gave the disciples power against unclean spirits, to cast them out and to heal all manner of disease. In (Mark:9:17) states one of the multitude whose son hath a dumb spirit, and wanted the disciples to cast it out of him but they could not. They had the power to do it because Jesus had already give them the power to do it, and they have done it before; because in (Mark 6:13) it says And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.They asked Jesus why they couldn’t cast the devil out of boy? it wasn’t because they didn’t have faith it was because of their unbelief. It’s evident that yes, you can have faith and still be in unbelief.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Marita, the part about being single-minded is what stuck out for me.  In the past I have been challenged with this in my life.  I know that I had faith but I was always worrying about how it was going to get done.  How was God going to work it out?  How can I get through it?  Worry and the cares of the world had me tossing about like a ship without a sail, but thank God for knowledge and understanding.  I now know how to push through.  I am so excited about life now.  What ever we can use our faith for we can have in Jesus name!!!

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

When I was born again I received my measure of the faith of Jesus and according to Galatians 2:20 I live by the faith of the son of God. That faith, even though it may be the size of a mustard seed can move mountains.  Except when unbelief is present. Unbelief prevents the things that we are believing for from manifesting and we have to get it out of the way.  We know that we are in unbelief when fear, worry and care are present.  In fact they are so heavily present in our minds that they overwhelm the promises of God.  We get unbelief out of the way by becoming single minded and focusing on the promises of God.  We have to make up our mind that we are not going to be double minded. We can’t be tempted by unbelief if we are constantly thinking of and delighting in the promises if God. James 1:8 says that  a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. When he wavers he should not expect to receive anything of the Lord.

In the past, when faced with a problem that was overwhelming me, I wouldn’t focus on it. However, I wouldn’t focus on the promises of God either. When the bills came, they ended up under a book or a magazine until I was forced to have to “figure it out.” Even though I was avoiding the problem, it was still there simmering under the surface affecting my sleep, my moods, and my treatment of others.  Now that I understand the Word better, the bills come and I speak to them. I owe no man anything but to love them. When I get paid, I remind God that I am at other and a giver and He needs to rebuke the devourer off my finances.

Our flesh leads us to worst case scenario thinking but the more we study and speak God’s Word and promises to ourselves the more we believe them and they take over our thinking.  That leaves no room for unbelief to enter.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Donna I agree with you that there is an answer for every situation that we face in the Word of God. We just need to find it, believe it, stand in it and confess it. Everything takes place in the spiritual before it manifests in the natural.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Sisters, as we know, fear, worry and care also wreak havoc on our health and gets us no where. Meditating and speaking His promises daily and renewing our minds takes care of the problems and keeps us in perfect peace.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

I agree Stacy.  We were not designed to carry stress, fear, worry or concern.  God says to cast all our cares on Him; for He cares for us.  He knows that we do not get anywhere by worrying anyhow.  He wants us to be blessed and prosperous but we must get rid of the unbelief to walk in faith.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Monica,  Pastor Creflo used himself as an example, he had faith, but unknowing to himself he was considering the problem. He was researching what he would need to do, how did this thing come on him, and how it originated. Mighty man full of faith and power. If the Lord did not speak to him he would have been sick all now.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

The word of God is our life, living word.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center