Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 7 – Faith of God Forum The Faith of God Week 1 Forum Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Faith of God Week 1 Forum Thursday, March 24, 2016

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Blessings to you all and welcome to The Faith of God class.  I am in great expectations to see the mighty works of God exploding in your lives during this year of the Great Faith fill in the Blanks.   You all are in the right place at the right time for your faith to explode.   You are going to get back all that the devil has stolen from you in 2016.  I love you and Trust God for great things to happen in you and your family lives in 2016. 

kcm

This week’s forum is based on the video clip Faith, What Is It?” The Speaker: Chris from Kenneth Copeland Ministries.   Watch the video and then post your response to the following questions:

• How do you recognize faith in your life?

• What are the two parts of the spirit of faith? Explain the two parts of the spirit of faith with a   scripture.

• Why does your faith please God?

Click the word “video” and then click the link at appears.  Click here  video (the video will open in new window/tab)

Remember to interact with each your classmates on the forum.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

I recognize faith in my life by understanding first what faith is.  The dictionary’s definition of faith is; the ability to believe with out demanding proof.  The bible states in Hebrews 11:1 that faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.  I can recognize faith in the way I sit in chairs.  I have faith that the chair will hold me up when I sit in it.  I can also have faith when I turn on the light switch.  I have faith that the light is going to fill the room as soon as I flip the switch.  I also have faith for spiritual things.  Philippians 4:19 said that; My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Even when it may look like I am experiencing lack I have faith that my God will supply all my needs!   I believe it without even seeing the proof.

The two parts of spiritual faith are believing and confessing.   I must believe in my heart and confess with my mouth just like it says in Romans 10:9.  Because I believe what the word of God says about my situation I am going to act on that faith and confess that word over my life.  Marrion-Webster defines believe as accepting or regarding something as true, to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something.  When we believe we hold on to that as truth in our spirit man.   Confess was defined as to tell or make known, or to acknowledge a thing.  These two parts make up spiritual faith.  They go hand in hand.

Our faith pleases God because the word of God says that without faith it is impossible to please Him.   Hebrews 11:6 tell us that God is listening for me to speak out His words of faith.  He wants me to speak them as if they were written years ago just for me.   I imagine that he gets a kick out of us reading His words in the bible, believing them and then speaking them in faith just like he did.  It reminds me of when I see my children trying to imitate me in someway, I am so proud to see how they are trying so hard to do it just like I do it.  I can just imagine God smiling and maybe even saying, “That’s My girl!”

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Roxanne, I agree with you on our everyday activities and using our faith. Flipping switches for light, sutting in chairs and having faith that it will support us, turning on faucets having faith that water will come out of them,even walking on the floors or ground and using our faith that it will remain solid and not crumble under out feet.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

We please God when we act just like Him, as He is a God of faith. Knowing that we have the same DNA, walking in faith is the only way we can please Him. Yes, He wants us to be just like Him, as the word said, “The just shall live (order their life) by faith and not by sight.”  I believe that he does get a kick seeing us read and believe His word.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Roxanne I agree we have faith in a lot of things without thinking much about it. Things we do automatically I believe requires the greatest faith because we don’t even think we just act, like sitting in a chair. Man is not a perfect being, yet we go on amusement rides like roller coasters without even thinking of the consequence. In the Merriam-Webster Dictionary 1828 the archaic definition of amuse is: to divert the attention of so as to deceive. The obsolete definition of amuse means to distract, bewilder, occupy the attention of. These rides are deceptive in that the person is one step away from losing the only life they have. Who in their right mind takes those types of chances? Is this considered great faith or foolishly faithful?

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

By knowing what faith is would allow me to locate and recognize faith in my life. Based on the clip, the God kind of faith is the ability to believe God’s word without any proof. Faith is the forces God used to speak creation into being. Faith looks ahead; faith sees what God has promised, and faith believes regardless of circumstances. The definition of faith is also found in Hebrews 11:1, however, bear in mind that faith and hope are both different, faith is present tense and hope are future tenses. This type of faith has been recognized in my life when believing for my finances, my children, my health, etc. I remembered a time when I had to do a wedding; and came down with the flu, feeling terrible, I thought to myself how would I be able to do this wedding feeling the way I did. However, the Spirit of God rose up within me, and I begin to confess, “Jesus bared my sickness on the tree, and by His stripes I am Heal from this sickness of flu, By Jesus Stripes, I WERE healed. Therefore, I AM HEALED!” I took some medicine and continued to declare I AM THE HEALED NOT THE SICK, THE HEALING POWER OF JESUS IS WORKING A HEALING AND A CURING IN MY BODY MAKING ME WHOLE! I was operating in the Abraham’s kind of faith, fully persuaded that I would be completely healed to perform the wedding. God met me at my expectation! I did the whole wedding party by myself. Faithful God!

Faith is a spirit, it operates in two parts, believing and speaking. 2 Corinthians 4:13, confirmed, “And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what has been written, I believed, and therefore I spoke, we also believe and therefore speak.” (NKJV) God’s kind of Faith believed first and then speaks. As we continue to meditate on God’s word, faith cometh, as Romans 10:17 stated, “So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” The more we hear the word, the more convince and fully persuaded we will be. And because we are persuaded that God’s word is true, and since the word is so abundance in our heart, we would begin to confess it out of our mouth. As Matthew 12:34b. Stated, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speak.” (KJV)

Hebrews 11:6 stated, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Pleasing God without faith is impossible. Just like our natural father wants to give us beautiful things, our heavenly Father wants to give us better. To get anything from God, we have to ask in faith believing that He would grant it to us. He wants to hear us talk faith words, as though His words were written just for us. As we pray base on God’s word, he will give us the desire of our heart, Hebrews 12:2a stated, that we are to “Look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Amen!

Rhonda
        Participant

Lilly, your scripture text, Romans 10:17 “So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God; Served as a good reminder of the importance of building our faith by studying the Word of God. Also, the more we study the Word the more faith we have as a result.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Lilly I loved how you explained the difference between faith and hope.  This made it really clear for me.  Faith is in the present; Faith is NOW.  Hope is in the future.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Lilly, we both know how you used your faith for your son Cecile. We refused to accept anything else and what a testimony you have regarding standing in faith for him. We usef our God kind of faith.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

To be able to recognize faith in my life I must first know the definition of faith. The dictionary defines faith as; “the ability to believe without demanding proof.” As stated in the video, it’s believing because I trust the person speaking. The Scriptual definition according to Hebrews 11:1; “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I use my faith daily and several times throughout the day. When I go to sleep I use my faith that I will awaken. When I get up to walk, I use my faith that my legs will operate as they are supposed to. When I begin to speak I am using my faith that my voicebox will operate and that my brain will formulate cohesive sentences.

The two parts of the spirit of faith is believing and speaking. Speaking can also be referred to as “confessing”. According to Matk 9:23; “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Mark 11:24; “Therefore I say unto you, what things soever you desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Faith is the force God used when he spoke creation into being. We can see that force in Genesis 1:3; “And God said, Let there be ok ight and there was light. Genesis 1:6; “And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

My faith pleases God because I am unable to please him without faith. God loves to hear us speaking and believing His words. God wants to answer my prayers and to make things good for me. It will be impossible for Him to answer my prayers without having faith in Him.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Also, even when we drive our vehicles we are acting in faith, but the God kind of Faith believed what God’s word say and speak it out, that kind of faith is a created force which brings into existence things that not yet appear in this natural realm.

Rhonda
      Participant

The two parts of the spirit in faith are believing and speaking. My faith is released when I believe, speak and act on the Word.

God uses faith in everything that he does, so He is pleased when I imitate him and speak the Word mixed with faith. In fact Hebrews 11:6 reminds us that it is impossible to please God without faith. When I believe, trust and have faith in God he is pleased.

The Bible tells us in James 2:17 that faith without works is dead. I recognize faith in my life when I believe that God’s Word is the final evidence for what I am believing in. When I believe God, I exercise my faith. My belief is demonstrated in my praise to God in advance, even before my circumstances change in the natural realm.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Rhonda you are so right faith without works is dead. I believe you have to step out on your faith and do something to show God that you trust him and believe his word. If you are believing for a car you have to at least go down on somebody’s car lot and look for the one you like and test drive it, and henceforth claim it as yours with scriptures until it becomes yours.

Donna Riley
      Participant

I recognize faith in my life when I get up every morning and go to work in a really stressful environment. God assigned me to this area to be a blessing and I continue because He said, “I put you here and no one is going to move you. Here is where your provision and protection are.” So no matter how strong the enemy comes up against me, I continue to go to work believing God will bring me through. I also recognize faith in my life because I continue to pray for members of my family that are not in the kingdom. I believe God when He said in John 14:13, “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” I believe it is done, it just has not manifested in the physical realm for now, but it will, beyond a shadow of a doubt. So, I continue to believe in faith and praise my God thanking Him for the souls of family members, friends and even those of the enemy.

The spirit of faith has two parts, believing and speaking. When God created the world, He believed and spoke it into existence. God never doubts His ability to have what He wants. This is our example of how to get the things we want in our lives. We must first strongly believe in something, a desired goal. As we continue to meditate on that desire you tell yourself I know I can do this. You then begin to speak that what you want and build your faith on knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can achieve what you want. According to 2 Corinthians 4:13, “since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, ‘I believed and therefore I spoke,’ we also believe and therefore speak.” What helps us to build our faith to believe that we have what we say is studying and meditating on the Word of God, Roman 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” We must then speak what we want having faith that what we say will come to pass and in time it does.
      Believing + Speaking = Harvest is the formula to receiving whatsoever we desire. There is no doubting in this equation. This is the spirit of faith. What causes the desired results to manifest for some much sooner than others is your level of faith. That is why the Bible says in 1Timothy 6:12, Fight the good fight of faith….” It may be a while before it takes your faith to reach a certain level to receive, but it is guaranteed, if you don’t give up, you will win the fight.

I have the faith of God and this pleases God because it tells Him I have confidence or trust in Him and I believe, without proof, that what He said about me and my situations will come to pass. Because the kingdom of God operates on the faith system and the spiritual realm is more powerful than the physical realm then it only remains for me to operate on this level. We are in the world, but not of it. We live in this world, but do not operate by its standards. We live by the laws in the kingdom of God. As I operate in faith, I continue to see the desired results in my life when I believe and speak what I want. In this year of Great Faith I see my desires manifesting themselves more quickly. This is an exciting time.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

This is truly an exciting time Donna!  Meditating on God’s word helps our faith to grow.  Then we can speak it out of our mouths.  Then when we speak it we must believe that we have it!  It is Harvest time!

Rhonda
        Participant

Donna, I come into agreement with you for your unsaved loved ones, that they will come to know and have a personal relationship with Jesus. Don’t loose your faith and keep speaking the Word of God over them. I had family members near and dear to my heart that I was praying for to accept Christ. One of those family members was my late uncle. He was dying from cancer and accepted Christ after Pastor Walker witnessed to him one day before he passed away in the hospital. After he accepted Christ all he kept talking about was wanting to go home (Heaven), and as he spent his final hours fighting to breathe, we sent him home to Jesus singing hymns of praise and worship. Keep the faith, for with Christ all things are possible!

Marita Smith
      Participant

In order for me to recognize faith in my life I have to know what faith is? Faith according to Hebrews 11:1 states faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I recognized faith in my life when I got on that plane and believed it would take me safely to my destination without incidents or without it crashing. I have faith to believe that I am going to be married even before I see or know who my husband is, because I trust God at his word that he didn’t make man to be alone, but to make him a help meet (me) Genesis 1:18. I also recognize faith in my life by taking God at his word which says in James 2:17 that faith that has not works is dead, being alone, I went to the bridal store and tried on a wedding dress and took a picture of myself in it(it was not my yes dress) and place it on my vision boards: at home and on my desk at work. I also took a picture of the cars I’m standing in faith for; and placed them on my vision boards also. When people say to me I didn’t know you were dating, I would tell them not in the natural as yet, but I believe God is bringing a divine connection his best, and they are already ordained to come across my path; he who findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favor of the Lord.(Prov.18:22)

The two parts of the spirit is Believing and Speaking. I must come to that place and believe God’s word no matter what it looks like, no matter what the doctor said, no matter how I feel. once I believe his word, this happens by meditating, listening, spending time in his word and re-newing my mind with his word. The word becomes real to me then I can speak it (2Corinth 4:13) without doubting but believing what I say would come to pass I can have what I say.(Mark 11:23) God’s word is true and he is faithful to his word and he watches over his word to perform it, it cannot return to him void or unanswered but has to do what he sends it forth to do. As I continue to speak his word; I know I will see the manifestation of his word coming to pass in my life, and changing situations and circumstances around me.(Heb.4:12)

My faith pleases God because without faith I can’t please him, he said so in his word in (Heb.11:6) God listens to hear me speak words of faith, because he wants to answer my prayers and make my life good. He is pleased when he hears me talk as if his word was written just for me alone. He is also listening and watching to see if I trust him and have faith in him, and in his word even when I don’t understand or even when I don’t see how its going to happen, but continues to trust him at his word and believing him.(1John 5:14-15) When I speak those things that be not as though they were;(Romans 4:17b)and not give up or give in, but continue to stand and confess his word only he is also please with me.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

I recognize faith in my life when I call those things that be not as though they were according to Romans 4:17. I do that until they manifest in the natural. When I had bronchitis, in between coughing, I  kept saying by Jesus stripes I am healed. When it looks as though I’m going to come up short on funds, I thank Him that He supplies all my needs according to His riches and wait for Him to do it.  When my car is acting up I give Him thanks and praise for my BMWX6.

The two parts of the spirit of faith are believing and speaking. 2 Corinthians 4:13 says We  having the same spirit of faith , according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak. This is the way God operates. It is how He created what He wanted  and we are made in His image and likeness. We have to be copy cats to see our desires manifest in the natural.

My faith pleases God because the Bible says so. It says that without it is impossible to please Him. It really is just showing God that l trust Him and take Him at His Word.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Donna, I like that you included I Timothy 6:12 about fighting the good fight of faith.  At times, it can be hard keeping what we see, hear, feel and even think at bay when they come against the Word. I visualize a boxing match where we are just punching down anything that is against the Word that God has given us.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Marita, I have the picture of my BMWX6 up on my fridge and at work and I watch Say Yes to the Dress so much that Iverson  cringes. You really are operating as if its a done deal (and it is) which is awesome!

The faith of God has spoken through you Ladies of Faith.  All of your responses is truly of faith how you recognize faith in your life by your actions, speaking the words and action .   It is evident that  the revelation knowledge of believing without wavering, without doubt  you will have what you saith.   You responses has taken you to another level of your faith walk with Christ.  Faith is from creation when God used faith when He spoke Creation into being.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

I want to thank my class for standing with me concerning my son Cecil. They had no case on him; he has been released out of Pharaoh’s hand, the slave master.  As we stand on Proverb 11:21b.  “the seed of the righteous shall be delivered” it became a reality in his life.  God is faithful; we just have to stand unmovable on God’s word.  We are going from faith to faith.  We have the victory over all the works of the enemy.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

YES!!!!!! Praising God with you Lilly!  He is truly faithful. Thank you DADDY!

Donna Riley
        Participant

Amen, Lilly I am so happy for you.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Praising and thanking God with you Lilly.  He is faithful!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center