Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 2 – Authority of the Believer Forum The Authority of the Believer – Week 2 Forum (October 22, 2015)

The Authority of the Believer – Week 2 Forum (October 22, 2015)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Authority of the Believer for webGood day students, this is the Week 2 Forum.  The question I want you to focus on this week is:

In your own opinion, how does understanding your authority cause you to walk victoriously in life?  Give at least one scripture reference that focuses on what belongs to you.  Remember to respond to one of your classmates.

Rhonda
      Participant

My authority as a believer causes me to walk victoriously because I know that I can speak the word of God mixed with my faith to defeat the enemy. When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and became his representative here on Earth I received power and authority. Also, the Holy Spirit lives in me and empowers me to walk in my authority daily. I can walk victoriously everyday knowing that the battle is already won by Jesus.

Matthew 28:18-19 says,  “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore…

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Rhonda, it is truly awesome when we know the authority we have in Christ Jesus. When we exercise that authority we are free to live a victorious life. The power and authority we receive from accepting Jesus Christ as the leader of our lives is such a beautiful gift. A gift that empowers us daily.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Rhonda that is so important for us to remember, “Holy Spirit LIVES on the inside of us!” God in us! What can harm us? We are victorious!

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

Understanding my authority causes me to walk victoriously in life because I have dominion and control over all things. My authority allows me to cast out demons, break strongholds and heal the sick. With my authority I have the power to speak to situations in my life. My authority allows me to remember who I am in Christ Jesus. My authority gives me the right to live free from depression, oppression, suppression, sickness and fear. I can live victoriously.
      Genesis 1:26;”Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”
      Matthew 10:8; “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Monica, I whole heartedly agree with you. It is such a relief to get rid of that feeling of helplessness. We have control, we have a say, and we have rights. God give us these things. Let us not make Jesus’s death of no meaning in our lives. We are believers and we must let the world know who our God truly is through the way we live our lives. We are ambassadors of the kingdom. We are to live victoriously not beaten down.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Understanding my authority causes me to walk victoriously because when I’m faced with situations that are the work of the enemy, l can speak to them. I can command situations to line up with the Word of God. This power is in operation in every area of my life including my health, finances, children, neighborhood/ nation and the list goes on. Matthew 18:18 reads Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Rhonda
        Participant

Great scripture reference Stacy. Our words have the power to bind & loose things on earth and heaven and as a result we can walk victoriously as believer’s.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Yes Stacy victory is truly ours once we apply the word to our situations. Don’t ever think that you can’t or you are not built for a particular situation. God uses the simple to confound the wise. We can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. This strengthens isn’t always physical it also includes knowledge and the wisdom to use that knowledge. We just have to stay in the word and keep the armor on at all times.

Marita Smith
      Participant

Understanding my authority causes me to walk victoriously because God made Christ head over all things for my sake, through him I can now exercise my authority over all things, sickness, diseases, poverty and all strongholds. In Mark 11: 23 states that I can say unto to the mountain be thou removed, and shall not doubt in my heart, but shall believe those things which I say shall come to pass; and I shall have whatsoever I say. The same power that Jesus used to speak to the fig tree to cause it to dry up from the root is the same power that’s on the inside of me, so when I speak to sickness when it tries to attach itself to my body or my children’s body it has to obey me and leave our body.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Marita, speaking to my body is something that I do daily. I’m ever so greatful that God made us in His image giving us the same power and ability as Him. I am healed because I use my authority to speak to my body and it must line up to the Word of God. By His stripes I am healed!!!

Marita Smith
      Participant

Monica I have to agree with you that we were made in their likeness and in  their image, they are speaking spirits and we are speaking spirits also. When they speak circumstances change, and that is the same power and authority we walk in as believers.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

I can walk victoriously in life because I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been given authority to rule and reign in this life. When challenges come up in life I have been given the power and authority to speak those things as though they were! – Romans 4:19
      Luke 10:19 also states, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Nothing can harm me or hurt me because I have power from on high. This is my promise from God!

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

By understanding my authority I can walk victoriously in life. I have been given the Name of Jesus for authority, and the Holy Ghost for power, which, give me the right to bind and loose on this earth.

However, if at anytime I’m encountering insufficiency, I can bind Satan off my finances and loose the writing word of God. I can use 2 Corinthian 9:8, And God is able to make all grace abound toward me; that I, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.   I can loose this scripture in this situation, since it is the writing word God; God is obligated to preform His word and to bring it to pass.

Rhonda
        Participant

Lily I am so thankful that we have authority given to us by Christ to use His name to command things to line up with the Word of God.

Students, these are some good points. We all can take advantage of the authority that has been given to us through our union with Jesus.
        Hebeews 1.3 says He is upholding all things by the of His power.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Ladies, I like the syllabus analogy of authority, it stated, “The vehicle for our authority is the Word of God.”

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Roxanne, we are so bless that we were given such power to rule on this earth.  He didn’t gave us authority over somethings, but everything that creep upon this earth.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Marita, I like the scripture that you used in your post Mark 11:23 and the example of the fig tree. As we are walking in our authority and commanding situations to change, we have to believe that the power in the Word is working even though we can’t see it. Faith.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Roxanne, I agree with you that God wants us to rule and reign on this earth and you can’t rule without authority.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

You sure can’t Stacy! It is his will. He has placed all things under our feet! God expects us to have dominion, just as he intended for Adam. We are to use the word and speak those things that we need into existence.

Donna Riley
      Participant

Understanding my authority helps me to stand strong in the midst of trials and temptations. It reassures me I don’t have to be afraid anymore of the unknown. I have a say in any matter that concerns me. As long as I know and use the word of God that applies to my situation, I have the confidence that what I desire will come to pass. Mark 11:23 says “For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” Understanding my authority helps me to submit to God because I know I cannot become victorious on my own. I cannot fight sin or the enemy on my own. The dream of becoming a self-made anything is a false ideal because it harbors the sin of pride which comes just before one’s fall. To become truly victorious, I must be totally dependent on God. I lived my life trying to achieve the American Dream, to become a self-made person. Understanding my authority taught me to take my faith back from the American Dream and place it where it should be in the word of God. Once I understood my authority and started applying it to my life I discovered how powerful God’s word is and I have already begun to experience victory in my life.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Amen!  I am praising GOD with you Sis. Donna!   How often have we done or try to do things in our own strength only to fall flat on our faces.   It is only with GOD can we have true lasting success!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The Authority of the Believer – Week 2 Forum (October 22, 2015)’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center