Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 3 – Supplication, Prayers, & Intercessions Forum Supplications, Prayers & Intercession – Week 1 – Forum – November 19, 2015

Supplications, Prayers & Intercession – Week 1 – Forum – November 19, 2015

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Video:  Casting All Your Care on the Lord

Good Day Student’s:

This week’s forum  is based on the video clip, Casting All your Care on the Lord”, the Speaker:  Kenneth E. Hagin, Sr.   Watch the entire video and then post your response to the following question:  

1. What does your prayer life mean to you?

Enjoy the video!!!  I am looking forward to seeing your responses.

There is no forum for the Thanksgiving Holiday Break.  Enjoy it and see you on Thursday, December 3, 2015.

Good evening, students this is our first forum.  Set your hearts to be in prayer like never before.  God is going to do great, mighty and miraculous things this class.   Prepare your hearts to hear the voice of God.  Clear and more intense so that we may do whatever he needs us to do.  See you in class.  PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens)

Donna Riley
      Participant

It means I am not alone. It means that I am a visible being with an invisible means of support. My prayer time with God makes me feel special and privileged. The fact that I can communicate with the author of the universe is awesome, mind boggling and thought provoking. I get to experience things I cannot explain. I get to learn how to deal with situations and people by the instructions I am given and the way I am treated by God. I get to spend time and learn about the most important person to me. Simple things are no longer classified as irrelevant. The God I serve is not a surface person, but deep with so many layers. This can be exhilarating and it can also be frustrating. Wisdom can be a wow factor and it can also be depressing. When I need to speak to my Father there is no time factor, it is always now, so there is never a need for an appointment. I am always welcome. God may not always be happy with the things I have done or thought, but He is always happy with my desire to seek Him and the fact that I came to Him for answers. It is nice and comforting to know I have someone who I can tell my secrets to and who won’t tell anyone else nor condemn me. It is also comforting to know when I mess up that God will correct me firmly, but I can tell that it is done in love. He truly wants me to be successful. In my prayer life, God shows me the purpose to which I am called. I love it when we go into the spirit realm where it is just me and God. He doesn’t talk to me verbally. He first envelopes me in warmth, then the words in the Bible would lift off the pages and hover in the air and I would read what He is saying to me. He has many styles of communicating whether it is the word, people, nature, the stars, that still small voice etc. My prayer life is a place to gain knowledge, comfort, refuge, rest, recuperation, find joy, to be in his presence and experience everything needed to make me complete.

Rhonda
        Participant

Donna, being children of God we are indeed special and privilege and we can communicate with the author of the universe at anytime because he dwells in us.

Donna beautifully written. God who made it all never fails but right here with us. Love in Us…..

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

My Prayer life means to me that I have direct access to God. It means that He’s my friend and wants to hear from me. It means that I can trust Him, that He’s available 24/7 no matter how trivial the situation. My Prayer life isn’t just about my needs or wants but the opportunity to just sit and talk with Him. The more I commune with Him the easier I will recognize His voice and the closer I’ll be to Him.

My Prayer life also means I can help others by offering intercessory prayers on their behalf. Some may not be able to pray, may not know how to pray or are lacking in their prayer life. By having an active Prayer life I can pray intercessory prayers on their behalf.

My Prayer life also means I have a close and constant relationship with God the more time I spend in His presence communicating. My Prayer life serves as a compass as how I should live my life and the direction and purpose that my life has.

Marita Smith
      Participant

My prayer life means to me that I have access to the holy of holies and I can go boldly before the throne of grace and obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need expecting to receive from God. Because of my prayer life I am able to develop a close relationship with God and most of all I am able to commune with him. My prayer life also means to me that God is with me, and he will never leave me nor forsake me and I have access to him anytime I need him, he is never late he is always on time.

Because I abide in him and his words abide in me, my prayer life means I can ask what I will and it will be done unto me, John 15:7 so therefore when I go to God in prayer in faith, I can ask for anything; and I have the assurance that I will receive it. My trust and my hope is in him, I believe in him, in his word and I know that I know his word cannot fail, nor can it lie or return to him void or un answered, it has to accomplish what he send it forth to do.

My prayer life gives me the right to put God in remembrance of what his word says; because I have the word abiding on the inside of me pertaining to whatever the situation, I now can plead, argue together with him my cause Isaiah 43:26.I can also plead my case for my children, loved ones, friends and family members. My prayer life also means I can cast every care, every situation, every concern on him because I know without a shadow of a doubt that he cares for me, and he wants the best for me. He cares about my well being he cares about my needs and wants to supply each and every one of them.

Monica Awesome!…..our prayer Life is a compass being directed by God Glory, Glory, Glory to God!!!

Marita Glory to God!!! Yes His Word in our mouths an in our heart. Saying what He said is just what Prayer to God is…..and waiting and listening. Love it! My GoD!!!

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

My prayer life means that I can speak with God knowing that He sees and understands what I am dealing with. I can hear from Him and receive direction, guidance, wisdom, comfort and love. My time in prayer reinforces the knowledge that I am never alone because He will never leave me or forsake me. I find peace and rest when I commune with my Father and speak the Word over whatever situation I’m facing.

My prayer time is my opportunity to press in for my children, family and friends, church, community and nation. When I spend time wi t h Him,He shows me more and more what His plan is for my life. The more my prayer life develops talking with Him becomes automatic. The natural off shoot of prayer is relationship.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Stacey, isn’t that just awesome that we can have someone that will always be in our corner loving, guiding and imparting wisdom? It is such a blessing and comfort to have someone in our lives that will always be there for us; someone that knows us intimately and only wants the best for us.

Stacey the best part of it all God never Leaves us…..Never….Never under any circumstances. He is the very air we breath. Life everlasting….. Well spoken!

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

My prayer life is a way for me to commune with my God. It is an everyday, all day conversation with Him. I am never held back from Him. I never have to make an appointment or schedule time to see Him. He is always with me, so I can boldly go to Him about any and everything. I can commune with Him to give Him thanks and praise, when I am in need, just to love on Him, or even when I need to be loved on! He is my ever present Father, he loves me and pours out His love on me.

In prayer I can confide in God. He is my confidante! I can pray to him about my weaknesses and fears and know that He will build me up and strengthen me in my inner being. I don’t have to fear Him because I know that He only wants the very best for me and chastens whom He loves. Prayer is a time for me to be real with Him and myself about my short comings. It is in prayer that I am edified and taught about how to live my life.

During my prayer time I can supplicate for others too. I can go to Him on their behalf knowing full well that he will hear and answer me. I can cover my family and friends in prayer and expect to see God move on their behalf. Because there is no distance in the spiritual realm I can pray for people and nations all over the world with boldness and in confidence.

My prayer time is also a time for me to hear from God. In prayer, I not only pray to Him, but He will speak to me as well. It may be through his word, a sense of peacefulness, or an audible voice. I am working on being still and listening to the Lord. I desire to be so in tuned to Him that I can hear and know His voice easily. I declare that I WILL hear His voice and the voice of a stranger I will not follow.

Prayer is a way of life for me. Whether it be a teeny tiny thing or a seemingly hard ordeal I have a God that hears and understands all.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Roxanne,

In Prayer we can confide in our Father knowing that we can trust Him. We can share the deepest thought of our heart with confidence knowing He got it.

Beautifully written …How great it is to be able to not only pray on the behalf of your family but people all around the World with confidence!God is so very good!!

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

My prayer life is daily communicating with my Father. There is where I can talk to Him in confidence knowing that he hears and understands my deepest feeling. While I’m communicating with Him I can share my inward thoughts exposing all that’s on my heart. I feel free when praying, because I know my Father cares about me affectively and watchfully, He only wants the best for me. It’s a privilege to know that I can come boldly before the throne of grace and obtain mercies to find help in times of needs. I don’t have to make an appointment, I can talk to him anytime knowing that He lives inside of me and He will never leave me nor forsake me.

In that place of prayer, God through His Holy Spirit would speak through my spirit, leading and directing my path. As I abide in His word and His word abide in me I can ask Him what I will and he will give it to me, because I’m abiding in his word. When I’m weak He makes me strong, he lift me up when I down. He is a very pleasant help when I’m in trouble. When I’m sick he heals me, when I have concerns he minister to me just like a dad would. In that time of prayer I can pray for my family, covering them in the blood, declaring my benefits package knowing that it’s a finish work.

In time of prayer I can offer up thanks giving to Him for sending his only begotten son to die on the cross for me. Thanking Him for the price Jesus paid for me, thanking him for the blood He shed for my protection, and the stripes He took on his body that I can be healed. In that place I can share my gratitude to Him letting Him know how much I appreciates the finish work he did just for me. It’s a place where His presence is known, and all that comes with Him, peace, joy, comfort, and love, a place where I loves to abide.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Roxanne,I come into agreement with you that you WILL hear His voice and the voice of a stranger you will not follow. I declare the same thing for myself. The more time that we spend with Him in prayer the easier it will be recognize. I’ve had moments where I would say Lord was that you or did I just come up with that on my own? Was that from the enemy, sounding good but really just a set up? Not knowing will cause us to stand still when we should run or dive head-first into something when we should stand still. Time out for that! I WILL hear His voice and the voice of a stranger I will not follow!!!

Glory to God Lilly well said…. We abide in Him an He in Us we can ask what we will….Love this verse.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Monica, I love your 24/7 comment, even in the trivial things. Some religious traditions will have you believe that God is only accessible in church and if you pray this way and only for these major things. I can pray to Him about persecution on the job in the morning and I can pray about a hang nail at 3:00 pm and He’s got me.

Rhonda
      Participant

My prayer life is very important to me. In prayer I communicate with God on purpose. I do not just pray before going to bed, but throughout my day I am always talking and listening to God. I also use pray to stand in agreement with other prayer requests and for lifting up others in prayer. I would be lost without prayer.

Paul’s command in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to “pray without ceasing.  If Jesus – who is God – prayed to the Father, how much more should we!

Amen Rhonda! I Love what you said talking to God on purpose… He is always their waiting why not? Nothing is impossible for Him why not? He is God….and there is nothing He can’t fix,turn around ect. He is God an there is none like him.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Supplications, Prayers & Intercession – Week 1 – Forum – November 19, 2015’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center