Home Forums Layperson’s II – Section 5 – Present Day Ministry of Jesus / Understanding Suffering Present Day Ministry of Jesus/Understanding Suffering – Discussion Forum: Week 1- February 19, 2017

Present Day Ministry of Jesus/Understanding Suffering – Discussion Forum: Week 1- February 19, 2017

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Week 1 Sunday February 19, 2017

Discussion Forum:

Greetings Students, this week’s discussion forum is based on the video clip “Life after the Cross” by Dr. Creflo Dollar. Discuss what the word says about life after the cross using scripture reference in your discussion.

[embed]https://youtu.be/oUU9H5F0d2M[/embed]

No peeking at other students responses before posting your own.
      RULES FOR THE FORUM:  The forum opens every Sunday, In our forum discussions, you will post your response to my question(s) and then post a response to two (2) of your classmates to receive full credit.  You must post your response by THURSDAY of each week to receive credit.  Don’t forget to check your grammar and spelling because you will be graded on it.   I can’t wait to read your responses.  
       The tone of every post should be professional and NOT personally attacking in any way. The goal is not for everyone to agree but for everyone to handle disagreement in a Christ-like manner.  Any questions you have regarding the topic should to address to the instructor.

I need to start off by saying how amazing that word was with the revelation I received from it. Life after the cross enables us to do what God has already put in us compared to before the cross where we had to do something first in order for God to do act on our behalf. In the example of forgiveness in the old testament we had to forgive first in order for God to forgive us according to Mark 11:26 which says “But if ye do not forgive, neither will your father which is in heaven forgive you.” The problem with that is if we knew nothing about forgiveness or if it wasnt in us, how could we have forgiven. This would place tremendous pressure on us especially if someone did something to us that was unforgivable in our own eyes. Life after the cross says  “and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christs sake hath forgiven you according to Ephesians 4:32. This scripture does not say we have to do something first, it tells us that because Christ forgave us first, we are now equipped to forgive someone else. With Christ forgiving us first, placed roots on the inside of us to bare the fruit of forgiveness. It was an eye opener because if we know God forgave us for the mess we have done or maybe still do, we can certainly forgive someone who may not have done half the things to us, that we have done to God in disobedience. The same thing goes for love. Life before the cross said that we have to Love God with all our heart and soul in addition to loving our neighbor as ourselves according to Mark 12:30-31. We all know that loving people is not the easiest thing to do, especially the seemingly unloveable ones, the ones your flesh wants to hate. To help us in this department, Life after the cross says “And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us Romans 5:5. This tells us that God placed his love IN our hearts which Enables us to love one another because Christ loved us even when we were sinners. By knowing this truth, we can love someone who has “sinned’ against us by doing us wrong or by just being a horrible person with a bad attitude. To conclude, life after the cross enables us to do what God already equipped us with and we are to bare fruit.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Shanelle that’s a valid point you made before the cross it would’ve been difficult for us to forgive. But thank God for Jesus after the cross because he has imputed in us a forgiveness root, to bear a tree of forgiveness, so we now have the ability to forgive, be kind, and tender hearted towards one another, no matter what. (Eph. 4:32)

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Shanelle, I’m so glad that Christ live in me, which allow me to cultivate the fruit of the spirit. It’s amazing; we did absolutely nothing to deserve such a gift. As you stated, Christ loves us even when we were sinners doing our own thing.

Walter Brown
      Participant

The video life after the cross opened up my eyes to see the difference between the old coveneant vs the new coveneant. like in reference we must first study to show thyself approved. And to also study the whole bible seeing Jesus Christ. Doing so we can now be able to see what God has done for us through Jesus. 1 John 4:19 says because he first loves us enables us to love like God unconditionally. The old coveneant keeps Christians bound and will never be free from bondage. Most of us are stuck in unforgivness not realizing that Christ died and changed our coveneant giving us the power to forgive be cause he first forgave us Like eph: 4:32. So to be like Christ we have a great example where he did and our Father enabled us so we can be more Christ like in our lives.

Rhonda
        Participant

Walter, before I became saved I used to live in so much condemnation. Like you, I too believe that the old covenant keeps Christians bound and will never be free from bondage. One of my favorite scriptures to mediate on is Romans 8:1, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Walter, the video was eye opening for me as well to really see the differences between the Old and New Covenants.  I had never thought about the fact that the New Covenant did not really start until Jesus went to the cross; that He was living under the Old Covenant.  Now, when I am doing / not doing something I know to ask myself if I am responding in a manner before the cross or after the cross.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Walter, I agree with you concerning our eyes being opened to the marked differences  etween the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. The New Covenant is sooooo much better. I also like that you mentioned many of us are stuck in unforgiveness. I always think on the fact that I need forgiveness, so who am I to deny forgiveness to others. Lastly, it frees the one that forgives. We’re no longer a hostage to the person that wronged us.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Life after the Cross was awesome. Reverend Dollar first started out by distinguishing the different between the old covenant blessing vs the new covenant blessing. In the old covenant, there were always requirements of obedience to receive the blessing. In Deuteronomy 28: 1-3, you will notice that to receive the blessing it was always “if you obey, then you will be blessed, but if you disobey you will be curse.” There were always condition toward the blessing. However, because of Jesus, after the cross, we have been redeemed from the curse of the law. We did nothing to walk in the blessing, but it was all that Christ did for us. In Galatians 3:13-14 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us. That the blessing of Abraham might come to us through Jesus Christ, and that we might receive it through faith. Now that Jesus went to the cross it is no longer what we do; it’s what He already did for us. Sin was inevitable, that’s why God made the laws, and also put sacrificial offering for anyone who commits iniquity. Now that we are redeemed we can go boldly to the throne of grace and repent of our sins. We are also empowered to manifest all the fruit of the spirit, which is Christ the anointed one in us. It’s no longer “if you obey.” We have been enabled to cultivate Christ in us the hope of glory, because of His finish work. We are the tree of righteousness, holiness, and fruitfulness. The blessing works in me and for me producing the healing that I need, the deliverance that I need, and the finances that I need whether I’m obedience or not. I’m not saying that obedience is not a necessary, but it’s one of the fruits that’s already in me. I have been enriched with all spiritual blessing. Christ in me the hope of the glorious fruits perfecting all that He is.
      I’m so glad that Jesus redeemed me from the curse of the law, no one can declare a curse over me. I’m already redeemed from the curse, so no matter what negative words have been pronounced over me, those words shall not prosper. Just like Abraham had faith in the blessing work, I likewise have faith that I am blessed and can’t be curse. Amen!

Lily it is a good thing that we don’t have to serve God based on conditions. I am grateful that we are not under the old covenant which would’ve required my obedience first. I too thank God that we have been redeemed from the curse. It is a wonderful feeling to know we can go boldly to the throne of grace.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Lilly I liked what you said because of our right standing with God, we can go boldly before his holy throne ourselves and ask for forgiveness, we don.t have to go through the priest, we don’t have to offer up any sacrifices, because he was our once and for all sacrifice. Yes, after the cross we have been redeemed from the curse of the law, so sickness and diseases cannot live in our bodies, lack cannot live in our houses, we can be all that he is whole, restored, and complete.

Marita Smith
      Participant

Because of what Jesus did on the cross, we are now operating under grace and not under the law (Gal.3:13) we are now the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2Corinth. 5:21) In his sermon, Pastor Dollar expressed that there is a difference between the old and new covenant. Under the old covenant you had to keep the commandments (Matt. 19:17b) after the cross all you have to do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, because he had already kept the commandments.

Before the cross or under the old covenant you were required to do something, so that the blessings of the Lord would come upon you. (Deut. 28:1-9) Even when it comes to forgiveness, here in Mark 11:26 you were required to forgive; or your heavenly father will not forgive you, Jesus went to the cross and has forgiven us.

After the cross, it’s what God does first that we can receive it second, we can forgive others because he has forgiven us first which empowers us to forgive second, and it doesn’t require us to do anything in order for him to forgive us.(Col.3:13) Because Christ has forgiven me first, now I can do the same thing and forgive others (Eph. 4:32) and also forgive myself, and I don’t have to live in condemnation.

Life after the cross reminds me of who I am; a new creature in Christ, and what God has put on the inside of me. Through the Holy Spirit he put his love in me, (Romans 5:5) and his love is shed abroad in my heart. Because he first loved me; (1John 4:19) now I am able to love him, love others, and love myself not in my own strength, but in his strength.

He doesn’t expect anything from me, except what he has put in and through me, he put a love root and a love tree in me, so me loving is giving fruit to what he has already put on the inside of me. He has also put a righteous tree and a righteous root in me; I can now give birth to the fruit of righteousness, he has also put Christ in me that I can be Christ like, one who bears fruit of everything that he has put in me.

We have a blood bought right to all of the finish works of Jesus Christ which includes peace, love, joy, healing deliverance, freedom and prosperity.

Rhonda
        Participant

Marita, I am so thankful that I can give birth to the fruit of righteousness. As you stated, when we became born again, He put a righteous tree and a righteous root in us. I like how Pastor Dollar summarized it, “The fruit will be of the same kind of the tree and the root!”

Marita, I enjoy that word “Grace”. That is exactly what Has bestowed upon us. I thank God for grace and the new covenant. I am glad to know that God has placed in us everything we need to bare fruit as his children.

Denise Torres-Hodge
        Participant

This passage also stood out for me sister Rhonda. In Pastor Dollar’s video, he stated that, when we are reading the Bible we should be asking ourselves, is this spoken concerning the time before the cross, or is this spoken concerning the time after the cross? According to Pastor Dollar, this clearly seems to be the modern day Christian issue that effects the believers fruit bearing. Having a deeper knowledge of what it means that Jesus has already gone to the cross, may change the believers actions. This video educates the believer on how to obtain the blessings. Believers should be living post-cross not pre-cross. The requirements for receiving blessings today it’s all about what Jesus Christ did on the cross, not what the believer needs to do. Amen. Thank God for Jesus.

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Yes we know what he did .but you must get a heavenly permit to get what you want .jesus Christ already did all. We need to pray for what you need now.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Marita, I thank God for grace. Pastor said it right at Wednesday night Bible study, we will be happy again because we are saved. Life’s problems and woes had made me forget to be thankful for my salvation. This time of restoration will bring back that joy and appreciation for what Jesus did. Thank you Jesus!

Celise Mahoney
        Participant

Sister Marita, I am thankful that Jesus went to the cross for us and we are now operating under his grace, not only his grace but his Great Grace. Eph 2:8 For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves,  it is a  Gift of God.  This enables us to receive the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and we are living under the new covenant.  Our only requirement  is to believe on the Lord Jesus and his finished work on the cross.  Like Dr. Dollar explained that after the cross the order changed.  It is not we do , but what Christ Jesus did first  and we received it second.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Marita, I was so enlightened when Pastor Dollar spoke concerning the new testament, He said that some of the old testament laws were practice in the new testament before the cross. That stood out to me, as I thought when we enter the new all of the old went through the door, now I understand the whole picture. Thats why he admonish us to rightly divide the word, as we can wrongly divide it. He said that when we read ask we should ask ourself if this happens before or after the cross.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Marita, I  too noted the comparison that Pastor Dollar made between the Old and New Covenant. We don’t  have to be obedient first before we can receive the blessings of Abraham; just Believe in Jesus Christ and have Faith in him. God knew that we’d be unable to remain obedient and made a way of escape for us through the New Covenant.  Being obedient is now in our character due to us accepting Jesus and being made new creatures in Him.

Rhonda
      Participant

In Pastor Creflo Dollar’s video, he stated that as we are reading the Bible we should be asking ourselves, “Is this spoken concerning the time before the cross, or is this spoken concerning the time after the cross?” Jesus has already gone to the cross so we should be living post-cross not pre-cross. The requirements for receiving blessings today different than Jesus died on the cross. Before the cross blessings were dependent on people being obedient and following the ten commandments. Today, obedience has a place in our lives, but it is not a requirement for the blessing. Obedience is the fruit of righteousness. Christ is in us, so the blessings in us.

According to Galatians 3:13, Jesus redeemed born again believers from the curse of the law. Thus, Jesus and our faith in Him is the requirement for the blessings. I thank God that I am blessed because of Jesus, the perfect lamb of God.

Pastor Dollar also said that as Christians we should learn how to love everyone, even if their beliefs are not the same. Jesus was a friend to sinners. The goodness that we show people should cause them to want to change. God wants to use us to bring in the lost sheep. Matthew 5:46, “For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?…”

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Yes Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law .but he did that already we know that ,but right now we have the right to boldly to the throne of God.bt you must get a permit by and in the name of Jesus Christ before God do anything you want from his Heavenly Father.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Pastor is always telling us that what we lack in this church is love. Do you think that is why God put us all together in this body because we all have this in common? For what lies ahead, we need to learn to love like Jesus. I pray that prayer over this class. The people that will be coming in will need us to love them just as they are.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Rhonda, the whole video was great but the last part really got to me.  I tend to surround myself with my fellow believers to the exclusion of a lot of other people.  That is not what Jesus did and I need to be more like Him because we are surrounded by people who are hurt and hurting others and they need to see the love of God in action.

Raphael Ottley
      Participant

When I listen to this video by Creflo Dollar I learn that pray will release the power of God, but you have to pray for the thing s that you need because God did everything by his son Jesus Christ for us already. We just need to pray only for thing like pray for the needed of the homeless ,helpeless, alderly, country. But first you need to get a permit from God by praying for that permit and then God will grant you a permit so he can work on your behalf.but all of us need to get that permit by the name of Jesus Christ. Just always make sure that you get your permit first by the name of Jesus Christ and God will grant you the heavenly permit.

Celise Mahoney
      Participant

After watching the video Life after the Cross, I obtained a better  or new awareness of the old covenant -pre-cross life and after the cross -post- cross life. Before the cross  we as Christians had to be obedient to the law in order for Christians to be blessed by God. But after the cross,  Gal:3: 13 & 14, Jesus redeemed us from the curse ofvthe law and we don’t have to base our blessings on obedience,  only in our faith in Jesus and his finished work on the cross.  Any negative words spoken over me in the past, or present,  I now declare that that was the pre-cross  nature, I an now living in the post-cross life.

Rom:5:19  I know that I am Blesded, because of Jesus perfect obedience,  and nothing that I did or could ever do to earned the blessing of God.  Dr. Dollar explained that after the cross the order changed. I now understand that not because of my obedience, but because of his obedience,  my obedience is now the fruit of the new nature, which is the response to what Jesus did for me by going to the cross. Because of the new nature and new creation tree that is growing inside of me spiritually, knowing that obedience is not a requirement for the blessings,  I can now be a fruit bearing tree. “If we know and understand who we are we can get the fruits.

Another key point or revelation that I got from the vedio is to know when we are operating under the old covenant pre-cross or the new covenant post cross. This made me stop and examine what my motives are, for being a Christian.  Is it for my own purpose and gain or do I truly love and want to be a believer and a discipline of Jesus.  Well I am still examining the motives and servitude and I have great hope and expecatation that  God will grant me wisdom through this period.  Eph 1:3 Jesus already blessed us with spritual blessings in heavenly places in him, and when we truly understand and believe that in our hearts, minds souls, then we are living in the new convenant or life after the cross.

Lastly, I know that in life after the cross as a believer,  is a better life than life before the cross. Jesus has already given to me wisdom, from God,  for when I  need insight and direction, righteousness as a free gift, which I received, santification, holiness in my inner man through and from God and redemption deliverance from bondage, sin and the curse of the law. 1 Cronin .1 29 -31. Jesus made me holy, santified, righteous and wise.

Denise Torres-Hodge
        Participant

I agree with Sister Celise, After watching this video I a better perspective of old and new covenant life. that before the cross, the responsibility was on the actions / obedience of the people in order to be blessed by God. But after the cross, Gal:3: 13 & 14, Jesus redeemed us from this law and the curse of this law. We no longer have to base our blessings upon our actions of obedience. Thank God we only we only have to have faith in Jesus and his finished work on the cross. This is our responsibility now and this is much easier.

Denise Torres-Hodge
      Participant

The video “Life After the Cross” by Pastor Dollar, examines, distinguishes and discusses the difference between the old covenant before the cross and the new covenant after the cross. He points out that most Christian people are living their lives base on old covenant before the cross. They don’t understand the importance of living life according to the new covenant after the cross. He discusses first the blessings and the requirements of both before and after the cross and why people are using the wrong go cards / nothing is effective for them because they are living under the conditions of the old covenant. The blessings before the cross pertain to the old covenant and the blessing after the cross pertains to the new covenant.

To explain the conditions of the old covenant he us the reference point of Deu 28:1 “An it shall come to pass if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God…” The requirements for the blessings was if you obey the commandment, only then the blessings shall come to pass. But if thou should not hearken unto the voice and obey all these commandments, curses will come upon you. if you are guilty of even one small sin. Due 28:1 “if you will listen diligently unto the Lord, blessing will come upon you and over take you…” Under the old covenant, you had to do all these things.

The blessings after the cross emphases that these are not the words of the new covenant. Gal 3:13, 14 states” Christ hath redeemed us of the curse of the Law..” No matter what your forefathers done, you are redeem of the curse. If your born again. Jesus has delivered you from the curse of the law. Curses are done with words, no matter how people speak negatively against you, you cannot be cursed because what God has already blessed no man can curse. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us. Pastor Dollar quotes “For it is written, cruse is everything that hangeth from the tree.” and that the blessings of Abraham may come on you through Jesus Christ. We are blessed because of Jesus.

Before the cross it was about what we had to do for God to do something for us. We had to do something to be blessed. After the cross the order changed, it was about what Jesus did for God to do something for the believer. After the cross obedient was no longer the requirement, Jesus and your faith in him is the requirement. Obedience is still important, it has its place in life, but it is not the requirement for the blessings.

Before the cross we did not have the ability to be obedience, that’s why Jesus came to be the prefect Lamb . Romans 5:19 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” We are blessed because of Jesus’ perfection. Romans 5:19 “for by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” Our obedience now is our response to Jesus’ obedience, it’s the fruit of our creation tree. Obedience is the fruit the believer bears.

Pastor Dollar also points out that a righteous lifestyle will not produce righteousness, but righteousness will produce a righteous lifestyle, a holy lifestyle will not produce holiness but holiness will produce a holy lifestyle. Before the cross men worked hard to become righteous, but after Jesus made believers righteous and now we can produce the fruit.

Roman 5:17 “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ.” The believer receives righteous through Jesus. Pastor Dollar points out that there are certain things you can produce now through Jesus Christ. 1 Cothin 1:30 “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.” We have form in us now the fruit of wisdom, righteousness, and the power to bear fruit. We are sanctified because of Jesus not because we behave holy. He made us holy. These things are done by our faith, we must have faith that we are holy.
      We must believe. Pastor Dollar excerpts that Righteous, redeemed, delivered, believers must believe and have faith and that and that he Gospel of God is the Gospel of Grace which is why Jesus went to the cross. God has blessed us with all spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ Jesus in us. The blessing is in us.

Christ in the believer is the hope of expectations and several manifestations of Grace. Such as; The Glory and manifestation of the fruit of Christ in the believer, which is the fruit of the spirit. Christ in me allows me to product the fruit of love, joy, peace…. When these things are evident in Christians you’ll know, Christ is formed in them. The objective is when Jesus comes back He’ll see himself in the believer a reflection of himself.

Pastor Dollar relates that because of this lack of this knowledge, people are coming to church and getting discouraged. They are operating in the conditions of the old covenant. This doesn’t work. They are announcing they are Christians but can’t bear any fruit.

Believers need to recommit themselves to the word to learn the word more. Believers should live life as though Jesus went to the cross.

Celise Mahoney
        Participant

I too was stunned to hear that ninety percent of Christians are living under the old covenant as if Jesus never went to the cross.  He went and did his job. Thanks and praise to God that we were able to receive this revelation in the word by Dr. Dollar that is scripture explaining the difference between living Life before the Cross and living life after the cross. He also explains that many christian are busy doing works for God to bless them,  instead of believing on the finished works of Jesus and living life after the cross.  Yes we must believe that we are righteous, santified, holy, redeemed  and wise through the Grace of God.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The Word lets us know that life after the cross and under the New Covenant is far better for us.  Before the cross, receiving the blessing was predicated upon what a person did.  If they obeyed God and followed His commandments then they would blessed.  Evidence of that can be found in Deuteronomy 1:1-3, “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.  Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.”  Conversely, if one didn’t obey God and keep His commandments they would be cursed.  (Deuteronomy 28:15-56)  However, Praise God, after the cross, our obedience is not required for us to receive the blessing.  Jesus’s obedience to suffer for us on the cross took the place of our obedience, once an for all (Romans 5:19).  He did for us what we could not do for ourselves: be perfectly obedient. Galatians 3:13 – 14, “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”    The only thing that we have to do now, after the cross, to receive the blessing is have faith in Jesus Christ.

The cross not only changed the requirements to receive the blessing but it also changed who we are.  We also became new creatures in Christ Jesus.  Pastor Dollar describes these new creatures as “trees of righteousness.”  He made us righteous so we can’t make ourselves unrighteous  We have been made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21) What we need to do after the cross is bear fruit. Obedience is a fruit, holiness is a fruit and love is a fruit.

Before the cross, we had to move first before we received the blessing. In moving first to the cross, Jesus became our example of how we are to walk in this earth shower the fruit of love on all men and not just our fellow believers.

Donna Riley
      Participant

It is very important that we rightly divide the word of truth so as not to be under the better covenant, but still live under the requirements of the old covenant. 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) says,      “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

In order to receive the blessings through what Jesus did for us, we first have to repent. Repent means to change the way you think. If we continue to believe we have to do something to get something from God then we miss out on the blessings available in the New Covenant. Life before the cross was about God’s people having to do something perfectly in order to get something from God. Because of man’s sin nature, this was definitely a formula for failure. Life after the cross is about what Jesus has done for us. According to Galatians 3:13, to receive the blessings we must first know that “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law….” The Old Testament Law was a curse, but now we are delivered through the blood of Jesus. Galatians 3:14 says, “That the blessings of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”  During the precross period obedience was the prerequisite for receiving the blessing. Now, in the postcross period, in order to receive the blessing you must believe and have faith in Jesus. We are blessed because of His perfect obedience. It is all about what He did, never about anything we can do. Romans 5:19 says, “For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” Our receiving the blessings is hinged on us having faith, believing and accepting what Jesus Christ did for us. After accepting Jesus as our savior, we became a new creation, and as a result, obedience becomes our nature.

Before the cross, and according to the Law, the people were required to forgive others before God would forgive them. Mark 11:25 says, “And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” After the cross, we were already forgiven, Colossians 3:13, “Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.” Under the Old Covenant we were commanded to love God in all our doings, but after the cross we were shown how God loved us first. We could then express this type of love, the agape love, to all others.

I am the righteousness of God and I will keep believing and repeating it as long as I want to bear fruit. This is what the Word of God says about me after the cross. Because of the cross, I am bless because of my faith in Jesus. Because of the cross that blessing is working in me, through me and for me. According to 1Corinthians 1:30, because we are in Christ, He has “…made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:” We bear all these fruits because of the cross. It is no longer about works, but about our faith and belief in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Yes Donna after we received Jesus as Lord over our lives, we don’t remain the same, the old is pass away we are now a new creation in Christ Jesus. The greater one is now living on the inside of us, the anointing is on us to do what we couldn’t do before in our strength, but we can do it in his strength and in his ability to love, to forgive, and to be obedient.

Walter Brown
        Participant

Yes Donna we become new creatures in Christ and the ability to love and spread the word in the same manner of Christ. It is important we share that kind of love and show others to do the same.

Walter Brown
        Participant

Yes Stacy we must learn how to bear fruit and to show the examples of it for all to see and teach others the exemplary ways of Christ our Lord.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

Life After The Cross truly made it clearer as to how Christians should live under the New Covenant. Firstly, it was jaw-dropping to hear of the estimated amount (90%) of Christians that still live as though they’re under the Old Covenant. I like his reference;  Pre-Cross and Post Cross. I believe most Christians, if not all understands that the New Covenant is better than the Old Covenant. However, lack of understanding God’s Word and religious habits has had us operating as though we’re still under the Law.

Let me take this time to give God thanks, honor and praise for sacrificing His only Son; so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. According to 2 Timothy 2:15; we must study to show ourselves approved unto God….and we must rightly divide the word of truth. This scripture means that we must fully understand the word. As Pastor Dollar stated; we must ask ourselves if a particular word that we’re reading is Pre-Cross or Post-Cross? An example are the “Gospels”. They were wtitten AFTER Jesus went to the Cross, but they were written about the Old Covenant. The book of Acts is where the New Covenant begins. I must ask myself if what I’m reafing is Old Covenant or New Covenant. I must make sure that Jesus didn’t die in vain by me doing things that are under the Old Covenant.

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 tells us about being obedient so that we may receive the Blessing. Thst puts us under condemnation. I must be obedient FIRST then I’ll receive the Blessing. Thst is Old Covenant. Galatians 3:13-14 tells us of being redeemed of the curse of the law and being made the curse for us. The Blessings of Abraham came upon us through Jesus Christ. Under the New Covenant all that’s required is that we BELIEVE and have FAITH in HIM!!! It is not of MY obedience but it states in Roman 5:19…..that by the obedience of ONE….many shall be made righteous. That ONE is JESUS. We were made righteous AFTER Jesus died on the Cross. Because of me being made a New Creature it is now in my character to be obedient along with all the other fruits of the spirit. These fruits are manifested because of our Belief and Faith in Jesus; not because of our obedience.

When I think of the New Covenant I think of the scripture; Matthew 11:30…”For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”.

It is a blessing to know that you all understand that we are now living after the cross. We are all delivered from the curse of the law, we no longer hang on a tree under the cure as said in Deuteronomy 28: 15- 28, No we are living under the Blessings, Deut. 28: 1-4. Before the cross obedience was the requirement for the Blessing, after the cross Jesus going to the cross was the requirement for receiving the blessing.  Our obedience is the response to what Jesus did for us.  He created a new nature in you.  It is the fruit of what he produced. Romans 5: 17 you received the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, receive your gift of righteousness and continue to reign as a king in this life. After the cross the third and fourth generation was delivered from the curse of the law. Gal 3:13 the blessing comes on us because of what Jesus did on the cross.

Confess daily, I am delivered from the curse of the law. Jesus curse the fig tree was before the cross, the blessings comes on us through Jesus. You are blessed because of Jesus and the blessing is working in you. The blessing is working through you; the blessing is working for you. You are blessed because of Jesus going to the cross. You are delivered because of the revelation knowledge you have gained understanding of what Jesus did for you. Amen, You all got It, You are blessed!

It is a blessing to know that you all understand that we are now living after the cross. We are all delivered from the curse of the law, we no longer hang on a tree under the cure as said in Deuteronomy 28: 15- 28, No we are living under the Blessings, Deut. 28: 1-4. Before the cross obedience was the requirement for the Blessing, after the cross Jesus going to the cross was the requirement for receiving the blessing.  Our obedience is the response to what Jesus did for us.  He created a new nature in you.  It is the fruit of what he produced. Romans 5: 17 you received the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, receive your gift of righteousness and continue to reign as a king in this life. After the cross the third and fourth generation was delivered from the curse of the law. Gal 3:13 the blessing comes on us because of what Jesus did on the cross.

Confess daily, I am delivered from the curse of the law. Jesus curse the fig tree was before the cross, the blessings comes on us through Jesus. You are blessed because of Jesus and the blessing is working in you. The blessing is working through you; the blessing is working for you. You are blessed because of Jesus going to the cross. You are delivered because of the revelation knowledge you have gained understanding of what Jesus did for you. Amen, You all got It, You are blessed!

Ezrikah Aska
      Participant

As I listened to this teaching, I saw how I’ve misinterpreted what I’ve been reading all th4ese years. I’ve confessed the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 over myself and my family, I’ve made them a part of my early morning prayer, BUT I still had a hard time.  As soon as I messed up in an area, I would remember the passage says “..IF thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to DO ALL his commmandments…..all these blessings shall come on thee…”  I knew to myself that I wasn’t doing all that the Word commands, and I concluded that this was the reason why I wasn’t truly experiencing God’s blessing.  I didn’t tithe as I should, so how could I expect Malachi 3:10 to happen for me “…prove me now saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to r4eceive it.”  I couldn’t grasp that God would do for me what His word says in verse 11 “I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground…”  Whenever I faltered, I felt like I couldn’t approach God, because I had not done what I was supposed to in order to stay in right standing with Him.  But, even before ever hearing this message, Holy Spirit would snatch me in those moments!!  Scriptures like Romans 8:1 would come up to me “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus..”  Then 1John 1:9 would sing out “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  I think God was pointing me to the direction of what this lesson is teaching.  I needed to see that I’m no longer under the Old Covenant, which was based on me doing this then God would do that.  In this New Covenant, God moves and its on my part to believe and just receive!!  Just like it says in John 3:16, God has already made the first step and shown the perfect example “For God so loved the world, that he <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>gave</span>..”  Nothing that I did, or could ever do, would be able to stand as an equal pay for this great sacrifice!!  Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us…” and Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace (God’s undeserved favor) are ye saved through faith, and that <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>not of yourselves</span>: it is the <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>gift of God</span>: NOT OF WORKS..”  Under this New Covenant, this new thing that was done through the cross, all I have to do is believe on Jesus to receive the blessing!!!  What an eye opener for me!! I don’t have to operate as they did back in the book of Leviticus, where receiving was based on what they did first.  And to add to all this, Jesus took care of the curse when he became accursed for us on the cross: Galatians 3:13 “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for its is written, cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree.”  Nobody can curse us, because who God has blessed, no one is able to curse!!  This has put me on a new level of WOW!!  Praise God for the blessing of the cross!!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center