Home Forums Layperson’s I – Sections 5 & 6 – Nature of Man / Life of Christ Forum The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 2 – Forum: Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7” dated October 14, 2012. This week’s forum based on the video clip, “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7”, Speaker: Dr. Creflo Dollar

The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 2 – Forum: Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7” dated October 14, 2012. This week’s forum based on the video clip, “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7”, Speaker: Dr. Creflo Dollar

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Good day,  Students:

This week’s forum is based on the video clip, “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7”, Speaker: Dr. Creflo Dollar. Please watch the entire video and then post your response to the following question remember to also respond to one of your classmates:

1. In the book of Genesis 1:26 God said, “Let’s us make man in our own images”  and in the Gospel according to John 4:24 it states “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” 

If God is a Spirit, what are you? Which part of man communicates with God? How? Explain?

1. According to 1 Peter 3:4, What is the hidden man of the heart? How does your physical body believes? Explain?

Rhonda
      Participant

Genesis 1:26 KJV, And God said, Let us make man in our image… God is a Spirit and I was made in His image, which makes me a spirit being. In order to communicate with God I must communicate with him through my spirit and speak His Word, which are spirit and life.

I Peter 3:4 talks about the hidden man of the heart which is my spirit. Heart in the Bible refers to my spirit man (the core).

My physical body believes my senses unlike my spirit which delights, agrees, and believes 100% with the Word of God.  For example, when my physical body is sick, my body believes I am sick based on the physical manifestations of sickness in my body which is felt through my senses (seeing, touching, tasting, hearing, and smelling). That is why as believers we must not be governed by our five physical senses but by our spirit which believes the Word of God.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Rhonda I have to agree with you that our bodies operates and believe with our senses, while our spirit agrees and believes the word of God. When we are challenged in our bodies, we have to keep speaking the word of God that’s in our spirit, because our spirit believes the word of God. Our bodies has to come in line with the spoken word of God, and the healing we desire will manifest.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

So true, because the spoken word is life to us.  It can produce an outward manifestation of healing if we keep speaking those words.  They are quick and power and sharper than any two-edged sword!

Rhonda, Proverbs 4 says to ATTEND to his WORD, INCLINE your ear unto his sayings, then it says KEEP them in the MIDST of your HEART for they are LIFE unto THOSE that FIND them and HEALTH to your FLESH. If you choose to focus on your symptoms you will remain sick but if you focus on his word, it will heal you from the inside out.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

I am a spirit. I am made in the image of God, who is a spirit. The real me is my spirit. The core of man is his spirit. I am a spirit being.

My spirit communicates with God. The only way to communicate God is through my spirit. Only a spirit can communicate with another spirit.

The hidden man of the heart is our spirit. It is not visible but it exists due to our likeness to God. My physical body believes with my 5 physical senses. I can believe that a stove or oven when in use is hot because of my physical sense of touch. My sense of touch tells my body that the stove or oven is hot and I can feel that it is hot.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Rhonda and Monica you are both correct. How awesome to know that our God honors us by making us in His likeness and image and the fact that we need no appointment to see Him. We are always welcome in His presence, at any time and He is interested in everything we have to say. We are talking about The Great God of the Universe. This is mind boggling.

Donna, that is so awesome to think about at any time day or night you are welcomed into the father’s presence. God has so much he wants to pour into us. He wants the fellowship but we deny him the opportunity. Every day you should take an opportunity to retreat with the Father. During your lunch hour, early morning, late in the evening. He is one that has a plan for your life and holds your future.

Donna Riley
      Participant

God is a Spirit and because I was made in His likeness and image, I too am a spirit. My spirit is the part of me that communicates with God. The only thing that we can get a hold of that is spiritual in this physical realm is the Word of God. Therefore our spirits communicates with God directly or through His word because the Bible says spiritual things go with spiritual things.

According to 1 Peter 3:4, the hidden man of the heart refers to the core of the human being which is the spirit man. Our physical body believes through its senses. In the physical realm our body communicates through the 5 physical senses. The senses are hearing, seeing, touching, tasting, and smelling. Through these senses we connect to the physical world by believing what the senses are reporting back to the body.

Ultimately, because our spirit is the real part of us, this is the part that should always be connected to God and therefore in control. Our body is just the house the spirit man lives in while here on earth.

Rhonda
        Participant

Donna it is so reassuring to know that we can communicate with God as Spiritual beings and use his Word. We serve an awesome God!

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Donna, isn’t God simply AWESOME??!! He loves us sooooo much…not only did He die for us, but, He made us in His image and with the ability to communicate with Him. No appointment needed….no limits as to how long or how often we communicate with Him. Actually, it pleases Him greatly the more time we spend with Him.

I also agree that the only spiritual thing that we have access to in the physical realm is the Word of God. Praises to Him that we have access to Him in the physical realm, because MANY don’t know how to access Him spiritually.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

You are so right Donna! Our spirit should always be connecting with God.  Whether is is through speaking the words of God out loud, praying in the spirit, or even singing in the spirit!   Look how awesome God is that he knew how to connect us to Him.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

God is a Spirit and He created me to be like Him and in His class, so  am a spirit. My spirit s the part of me that communicates with God. Spiritual beings understand spiritual things. God speaks to us through our Spirit and through His Word. Jesus said in John 6:63 the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit,and they are life.

The hidden man of the heart is our “heart, center, core”‘.  In other words our hidden man is our Spirit man. Our spiritual man believes with the Word of God. Our physical man believes with our five physical senses.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Stacy I agree, the hidden man which is our spirit feed on the word of God.  The more word we received in our spirit  the clearer it is to hear from God.  The abiding word that is spirit and life.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Rhonda, I agree with you that we should not be governed by our physical senses. Doing so means that we are being led by our flesh and not by spirit.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Genesis 1:26 clearly declare that we were made in the images of God and after His likeness.  God is a Spirit.  Therefore, since I was made in His image, I am also a spirit being.  As a spirit being I can communicate with God through the word of God, which is spirit and life.  I can also communicate with Him by praying in the Holy Spirit. Since the spirit of God live in me, I can communicate with my heavenly Father 24 seven.  He is in me and I’m in Him.  glory to God!  I have a direct contact with my Heavenly Father.

The hidden man of the heart referred to our spirit, the very center of our core.  The hidden man (spirit) believers the word of God.  However, my physical body believes what it can see with its eye, hear with its ear, and touch with its hand.  the body contacts the physical realm and the spirit contacts the spiritual realm

Marita Smith
      Participant

Just as God is a spirit, I am a spirit just like him, according to Genesis 1:26 because I was made in his likeness and in the image of him.
      The part of man that communicates with God is his spirit. We communicate, worship and speak to God through our spirit. It’s through our spirit is where we know all what God has already freely given to us according to his word in 1 Corinthians 2:12. He speaks, leads and guides us through our spirit

The hidden man of the heart refers to our spirit the very core of us. Our spirit delights and totally agrees with the word of God, and believes the word of God. Our body is in the physical realm and it operates with our five senses that were given to us, what we see, feel, touch, smell and hear.

The hidden heart of man is not referring to the physical heart that pumps blood through the body. The heart of man is his spirit. Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Another way to look at it is, for with the heart man believes or with your spirit man believes.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

God is a spirit and I am a spirit being.  I was created in His image.  I must communicate with Him through my spirit.  I must worship Him in spirit and in truth.  When I read the word of God it is spirit and it is life to me.  It is God communicating with me through my spirit.  My spirit believes the word so it comes alive in me.

In 1 Peter 4:3 it talks about the hidden man of the heart.  This refers to my spirit. The very core of me.  The true me.  I am a spirit living in a body.  My body believes what the five physical senses tell it.  it believes what it sees, what it hears, smells, tastes, and touches.  These senses were given to be for my protection.  If I see or smell smoke I believe that there may be a fire so I can be safe.  If I hear a loud crash I can know to get out of the way.

In order to fellowship with God man must be in the same category with God. God is a Spirit and man is a Spirit. 1 Corinthian 2:10-12 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit  searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Roman 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The Nature of Man/Life of Christ – Week 2 – Forum: Video: “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7” dated October 14, 2012. This week’s forum based on the video clip, “The 3-Part Make up of Man 2 of 7”, Speaker: Dr. Creflo Dollar’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center