Home Forums Layperson’s II – Section 1 – Gifts of the Holy Spirit Gifts of the Spirit – Week 2: (September 18th – September 24, 2016)

Gifts of the Spirit – Week 2: (September 18th – September 24, 2016)

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Layperson’s Bible School – Gifts of the Spirit

Discussion Forum – Week 2 (September 18-24, 2016)

Welcome to Gifts of the Spirit, Week 2 discussion forum.  Reverend Kenneth E. Hagin, Sr. is a patriarch in the faith who has gone to be with the Lord.  Thank God for videos and tapes we can view so that we can still receive revelation from his teachings.  Watch the attached video, “The Gifts of the Spirit, Part 3,” once completed answer the following questions.

1. Dad Hagin mentions the following passages in his sermon, “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1 Corinthians 12:31) and “Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy” (1 Corinthians 14:1).   
        • What revelation from God did he receive regarding these passage?  How has the church misinterpreted this passage?
      2. Dad Hagin also mentions various stories from the Book of Kings in the Old Testament where the gift of Word of Knowledge was in manifestation.   Which story had the greatest impact on you and why?
      3. Shared what you learned about the Gifts of the Spirit from this video and how you plan to apply with your learned from this video session to your life.

Post your response in the forum.  Remember to respond to two (2) of your classmates this week.  The discussion last week was great.  I can’t wait to join in this week.

Blessings,

Minister Abbott

Watch the video below or click this link to watch from YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7EgudrqCDI

Rhonda
      Participant

Reverend Hagin mentioned, I Corinthians 12;31 and I Corinthians 14:1 in his sermon. After fasting and prayer he received revelation that his interpretation of these scriptures was incorrect. The church has commonly misinterpreted these passages to mean that each believer should desire for themselves the Gifts of the Spirit. However, that would be very selfish. Paul’s letter was written to the entire Church of Corinth as well as believers today. Paul told believer’s in his letter that the church should desire the Gifts of the Spirit. The Gifts of the Spirit are manifested through individual believers as the Spirit wills. Another revelation Reverend Hagin received is that the Gifts of the Spirit are Supernatural Gifts, not natural gifts sanctified.

Reverend Hagin mentioned that the gift of the Word of Knowledge was manifested in 2 Kings 6:9-12. The King of Israel received a warning from God through Elisha of the enemies plan for destruction and where they were going to mobilize their troops. Through the gift of the Word of Knowledge the King was able to save his Kingdom. These passages had the greatest impact on me because there have been times in my life wherein I received a Word of Knowledge in due season.

One of the lessons that I learned from the video is that God will reveal things to us as he wills. Reverend Hagin spoke about a lady who was a deaconess in the church he visited and how she had lost her mind. Reverend Hagin received the Word of Knowledge and learned that the lady had heard Dr. Oral Roberts say that God had spoken to him in an audible voice. In turn, she sought after God to speak to her apart from the Word of God in an audible voice. As a result the devil accommodated her and she lost her mind and began to hear voices. She did not know that Dr. Roberts only sought after God and did not ask God to speak to him in an audible voice, but God had chosen to do so.

Pamesha Perez
        Participant

Great post Rhonda! I love how Dad Hagin was able to sense in his spirit that something wasn’t quite right about the spiritual gifts and sought after the Lord for revelation concerning the matter. When I first listened to the sermon, I thought that Dad Hagin meant church as in the assembly of believers in a particular place like a building. I then thought about people like Marilyn Hickey who has the gift of healing and how she travels all over the world healing the sick and I said God is using her outside of “church”. How then can the gift be for “the church”? I thought surely she has a Pastor and yes she has her own ministry, but I still could not understand how the gifts were for “the church”.

I decided to listen to the sermon again and re-read the scriptures when I realized that Dad Hagin meant church which can be defined as all believers in the body of Christ. Therefore, just as it is important for us to operate in where God called us to be (ex. Ministry, Politics, Entertainment), it is just as important that we desire and operate in our appointed Spiritual gifts so we are all working together for God’s purpose in the body of Christ “church”. God is sooooo awesome!

Pamesha Perez
        Participant

I am correcting what was stated in my previous post regarding Dad Hagin’s meaning of church. He mentions in his book The Holy Spirit and His Gifts that ‘The gifts of the Spirit aren’t just given for the individual, but they are given in order to profit the whole local assembly or local body of believers.” (page 111). He is definitely not speaking about a body of Christ as a whole, but a local assembly. In regards to my example with Marilyn Hickey, her ministry would then be considered the local assembly in which she is operating her gift of healing.

I must say that my new, new understanding of the spiritual gifts belonging to the church has revealed to me how important something like being led to the church that God called you to be in really is. I now wonder if some of us as believers are not reaching our fullest potential in the authority of Jesus simply because we are not in the right church and we refuse to be obedient because we are comfortable?

Marita Smith
        Participant

Rhonda I share the same sentiments as you about the lady who was the Deacon and ended up crazy out of her mind because she was seeking an audible voice, and ended up with the wrong voices. I am believing God for deliverance for a young lady who lives in my neighbourhood who is also crazy out of her mind, I’m not sure what happened to her, but I know for a fact she was not seeking an audible voice from God. I know she hear voices, because you could hear speaking to them (demons) telling them to leave her alone, sometimes she tells them to shut up and other times you would see her throwing fists and kicks and just having conversation as if someone is actually there with her. My heart goes out to her because she is so young and can still have a great future.
        I am standing on God’s promise for this year, that this year 2016 will be the year for more and more deliverances from demonic activity He said it, I’m saying what he said; so I know without any reservations or without a shadow of a doubt he is able to bring it to pass and she will be set free and will be delivered in Jesus name.

Rhonda
        Participant

Wow… Marita the spiritual realm is real and people suffer from demonic attacks for various reasons. I stand in agreement for her deliverance in the name of Jesus!

Deaconess Marita, that is the compassion of God.  I set myself in agreement with you regarding this young lady.  I command her mind to be whole in the name and in the Authority of Jesus.  She will come to her right mind and the only voice she will hear is the voice of the Good Shepherd. In Jesus Name.  AMEN!!!

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Marita, I am also in agreement with you standing on God’s promises for deliverance for that young lady.  What I didn’t understand in that video is if someone is possessed by demons and out of their mind if you ask them if they want to be delivered most likely the demon will say no. I have seen a live video by Bishop George Bloomer talking to satanic spirits and casting them out–when they are asked if they want to be delivered they will always shake their heads yes then he will lead them to the Saviour’s Prayer but the person will be unable to say Jesus.  That is when Bishop Bloomer will command the deaf speaking spirit to come out and you will see the person delirious like they are unaware of what is going on.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Rhonda, I’m so glad that word of knowledge is NOT natural knowledge that one can operate in as he/she wills. However it is a supernatural gift that could only be operate as God wills.

Jettanyia Gumbs
        Participant

Mrs. Rhonda the story about the woman that lost her mind spoke to me as well. I had a scary experience similar to hers when I first prayed to God about speaking in tongues. It’s one of the reasons I was so afraid to ask again. I actually had the nerve to question God’s love for me in the midst of asking. I got an answer alright, and I was afraid. I understand now that just like her I asked amiss. My heart  was not in the right place and the devil surely accommodated that.

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Rhonda: Yes we have to learn that only when he want us to know what we need he will reveal the thing we are asking him about and sometime we don’t want to wait for the Holy Spirit to tell us what God is revealing to us . But if we just take some time to lesson we will get all things answer throughtthe gift of the Holy spirit we just need to wait sometime for God.

Pamesha Perez
      Participant

God revealed to Dad Hagin that “Paul did not write a letter to John Smith in the church at Corinth and say John, you covet these things.” Dad Hagin went on to say that we should covet these spiritual gifts for the church because that is to whom these spiritual gifts actually belong. The church has often been taught that we should desire spiritual gifts for ourselves, however Dad Hagin has pointed out that it is in fact selfish for us to desire these gifts for ourselves. We now understand why Apostle Paul wrote the letter to the entire church in Corinth and not to one person in particular. Once the church desires these gifts, then the Lord will divide the gifts among the church according to His will.

The story of Elisha (2 Kings 6:9-12) had the most impact on me because the word of knowledge was given to Elisha in such a way that the king of Aram knew that it was from God and only God.  The king of Aram attempted to capture the men of Israel because they were at war with each other. Prophet Elisha kept warning the men of Israel of the locations that the army of Aram would set up in an effort to capture them through the word of wisdom. The king of Aram initially thought that one of his own men were on Israel’s side, however his men told him of Elisha and his gift. When the men told the king of Aram that Elisha tells the king of Israel the very words that are spoken in his bedroom, he did not insist his men were lying and that it was one of them that were betraying him. He knew without a doubt that Elisha was indeed a true man of God and wanted him captured as a result.

What I also love about this story is that the Lord could have just as easily warn Elisha that the army of Aram were coming to capture him. After all, he had been warning the king the Israel time and time again. Instead, the Lord allowed the men of Aram to find them so that both sides can witness the great power of God; once when he blinded the men of Aram and again when he gave spiritual sight to the men of Israel to see the men in Samaria.

What I learned about the gifts of the Spirit is that although the bible ranks them starting with the best gifts first, it is important to remember that it is God’s will to give us the spiritual gifts that he sees fit and operate that gift with diligence and the edification of others. To desire the best gifts is to desire the gifts that God desires you to operate. For example, I have to be content if God gives me the gift of interpreting tongues and not the gift of the word of wisdom. If I am not content, then I need to check both myself and my motives. We all have a purpose and a role in the body of Christ and I know God can take the least gift and use me to do great things with it.

In 1 Corinthians 13:2, Apostle Paul says “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.” My question for the class is do you think it is possible for a believer to really operate in his/her spiritual gifts and have moving-mountain faith without love?

Rhonda
        Participant

Pamesha, I’m so glad that the Word of God says that he Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The story about Elisha in 2 Kings 6:9-12 reminds me of so many others in the Bible whose lives were spared for the obedience and covering of another. In reference to your question, I don’t believe we can walk in our spiritual gifts and have moving-mountain faith without love. Living a life ruled by the love of our Abba Father is what opens us up to walk in the spirit and live in the highest measure of the blessing and power of God.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Pamesha, I agree with you about being content with the Gifts of the Spirit that God gives to each of us because it is His to give and His decision. If we are not satisfied and try to “operate” in the areas not given to us we can harm ourselves and the Body of Christ.

Pamesha, good point!  Sometimes we look at others and desire to operate or flow in the gift(s) that manifest in their lives.  But we are God’s unique creations.  So whatever gift(s) that he decides should flow in your life it is your responsibility to accept it and then pray in line with His will.  The gifts manifest as He wills not as I will. God knows exactly what He is doing and He also knows the people that He has ordained to cross your pathway.  Yielding to his sovereignty and accepting what he desires for your life will not only bless you but others.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Yes Pamesha we are to be content with the gift(s) God has entrusted us with, after all he knows what’s best for us. He encourages us to covet the best gifts that they can be used through us as he will, it’s not for us but to edify others.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Do you think it is possible for a believer to really operate in his/her spiritual gifts and have moving-mountain faith without love?

God is Love so when he blesses you with a gift it is understood that you are to operate in love; however, many believer operate the gift without God and they have no power–which means they are using false fire.  1 Corinthians 13:1-2 says “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though, I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I AM NOTHING.”  Therefore, this scripture say you can still operate in the gifts but you are nothing–false fire!

Marita Smith
      Participant

In Reverend Hagin’s sermon he mentioned 1Corinthians 12:3 and 1corinthians 14:1 he spoke about when he first started in his ministry he would preach at some churches and the gifts of the spirit would operate through him, and he would preach at other churches and the gifts would not operate. He couldn’t understand why that happened, he decided to fast and pray to seek the Lord as to why that was happening; the Lord told him to covet earnestly the best gifts and to desire spiritual gifts. He got revelation from God when he realized his misinterpretation of the passage covet earnestly the best gifts to mean each individual to desire the gifts for themselves, that it actually did not mean that at all.

The Lord shared with him that  Paul did not write a letter to John Smith in the church at Corinth telling him to covet these gifts and to desire them, but wrote the letter to the church telling them to covet these gifts because they belonged to church anyway, and they could  manifest in any member as the spirit will. He further came to the realization to covet them for yourself would be selfish. The Lord also told him the gifts were not manifesting in some of the churches he preached because they didn’t had any desire for them, nor were they being preached or taught to the church.

The story that had the greatest impact on me of all the stories he told from the book of 2Kings 6:9-12  in the old Testament where the gift of the word of Wisdom was in manifestation, was the one where God through Elisha warned the King of Israel that the enemy were planning their demise.Through the word of wisdom the King was able to save his Kingdom.

This has impacted my life because God wants the best for us, he wants to protect us by letting us know that weapons are being formed against us, but with him on our side they will never prosper

I have learned that its ok to covet earnestly the best gifts, but most importantly its only as the spirit will that they will be able to operate in your life. At this point in my Christian walk I have never thought about coveting any gifts to operate in my life, but after looking at the video I realized how important it is, because God might have a word for someone in due season and he needs people like me who he can use to deliver what he needs to them.

One word from God could change the course of a person’s life or most importantly save their lives. My plan is to ask God for me to be used in the gifts so I can be a blessing to others.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Marita, one Word from God is really all that we need. It can be life changing if we obey. I remember in 2005 when God impressed upon me to go to Word of Faith after I had been “SWATTED”. I accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and that has made all the difference in my life, my children’s life and the life of my family. You know, that word “covet” always had a bad connotation to me as in covetousness but God says to covet the best gifts not the best things and therein lies the difference.

Deaconess Marita, it is God’s desire for us to operate in the gifts of the spirit.   Once we receive the will of God on a matter it is our responsibility to prayer in line with His will.  His will is that we flow in the gifts of the spirit not only for the people in the church building but for those in the world.  So just remain open to him and watch what He does through you to bless others.

Raphael Ottley
      Participant

1 Cor.14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongues speaketh not unto men,but unto God for no man understandeth him,how beit in he spirit he speaketh mysteries., Mt.13:11 ,He answered and said unto them.Becquse it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven but to them it is not given. Mt 13:12 For whosoever hath ,to him shall be given ,and he shall have more abundance :but whosoever hath not from him be taken away even that he hath. Mt.13:11 ,He answered and said unto them.Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven but to them it is not given. Mt 13:12 For whosoever hath ,to him shall be given ,and he shall have more abundance :but whosoever hath not from him be taken away even that he hath. Acts.1:8 But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem and Judaea and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth.  Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the spirit into Galilee;and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.Acts4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus and great grace was upon them all.

The gift of Word of knowledge and the word of wisdom was manifested in 2Kings6:9-12 the king of Israel received a word from God through Elisha tell him the plan of his enemies to distruction of their people but that was through the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom.The thing I get from his message was that it had a woman from a next church to the service who lost her mind and left the work what God set before her.But. Pappa Hagin got a word of knowledge and she get it .Oral Robets said that God speak to him by a aubible voice. Then the lady seeks God and them she confirmed the word of wisdom.what Roberts got that God make sure she got the right word of knowledge for her self.

Pamesha Perez
        Participant

Raphael, I too have been most impacted by 2 Kings 6:9-12 when the word of knowledge was manifested through Elisha to warn God’s chosen people. Isn’t God wonderful!!

I must say that I was also impacted by 1 Kings 19:1-18. Elijah thought that he was all alone and that everyone else had forsaken God by turning to Baal, but God showed Elijah that he was not alone. In fact, God reserved 7000 others who did not bow down to Baal. Now here it is that Elijah had just come from raising the dead son, making an abundance of meal, and other miracles of God, but as soon as word got out that Jezebel (a woman) wanted him dead, he was hiding up under a tree and pleading with God to let him die. Isn’t it nice to know that we women have that kind of power? (just kidding). What I also loved is when Elijah asked God to take his life, God gave him food and rest. He didn’t give in to his pity party. In fact, God didn’t even acknowledge the statement. This passage reminded me that sometimes when I am in a situation that may seem impossible, I need to eat spiritual food and rest in the Lord. I need to first seek God, be filled up by the word of God, and give thanks.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Raphael, these gifts are desirable, just to know that we have a Heavenly Father who wants to communicate to us in such away. I really believe that nothing happen on this earth with out God revealing it to someone. We have all the tool to be affective and victorious in this life, God have equipped us with His Spirit who came with everything we need.

Celise Mahoney
        Participant

Brother  Raphael, I agree, that we should not covet another person’s  gift or position concerning the things and the working of the kingdom of God.  We have learned that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are all Supernatural and given as the Spirit wills.

The lady coveted something that was not destination for her. She became overtaken by evil voices controlling her life. What interested me about  this is when Dr. Hagin asked the lady if she wanted to be free from the evil voices and she replied  no she likes them. How can one not want to be free from evil forces that are destroying your life. I was so amazed. So, we must be careful knowing that the gifts are given by the holy spirit,  as he wills, not as we wish, pray or try to receive.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The revelation that Dad Hagin received from 1 Corinthians 12:31 and I Corinthians 14:1 is two-fold. First, God revealed to him that the letter to the Corinthians was not written to one person in the Church at Corinth. It was written to the whole Church. The whole Church is to covet spiritual gifts and then those gifts are divided severally as the Spirit wills. The gifts belong to the Church, for the benefit of the Church and can be manifested through any member. The second revelation is that the Church has to desire those spiritual gifts in order to receive them and walk in their various manifestations.

The story from the Book of Kings in the Old Testament that had the greatest impact on me is the story of Elijah in I Kings 19:1-18. This was a reminder to me that God always has a plan! We can rejoice because God always has a plan and it is better than our plan! Elijah was operating and making decisions based upon what he knew in the natural but he only had a “fragmentary part” of God’s full sentence on the matter. He thought that he was the last man standing but God let him know in vs. 18, “Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.” This reminds me of class on Dispensations where we learned that God always has a remnant so that His plan to redeem man from the curse can be carried out. When we feel stuck in a situation and can’t see any options we have to seek God’s face by praying in tongues so that the next part of the plan can be revealed to us.

I learned a lot about the Gifts of the Spirit from watching this video but the one thing that stood out for me was the Gift of the Word of Knowledge. Dad Hagin said that the Word of Knowledge was given to help a person in need. It is used to minister to the sick, oppressed and possessed. There are a lot of people hurting that I come across and that I’m praying for. I’m praying for more manifestation of the Word of Knowledge in the Church and for myself so that people can be ministered to. I also like when Dad Hagin said that he goes as much by what God doesn’t say as by what God does say. If I haven’t heard from Him, wait.

Rhonda
        Participant

Stacy, your statement your statement about Elijah operating in the natural stood out to me. I am so thankful that God’s plan is all-inclusive and based on his omniscience (knowing all), so that everything past, present, and future is taken into account. Every contingency is taken into account in God’s plan.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Stacy that’s a valid point you brought up about the word of knowledge is for people who are in need. People are hurting and going through different situations and circumstances. Sometimes they don’t know how to pray or what to pray, but if we are sensitive to the leading and prompting of the holy spirit he can use us to deliver a word to that person, just like he did with Elijah and the king of Israel. God is no respecter of persons, and he changes not; what he did back then he can do the same today.

Walter Brown
        Participant

Stacy it is so true we must pray that these gifts shall be manifested in the church on a regular basis. So we can be able help the lost and dying world.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Stacey, isn’t it awesome that God always has a plan for us? Many times in my life I got concerned and frustrated in how things were going in various situations. Like Elijah, I’ve been guilty of operating in the natural. When all I needed to do was remain faithful and rest in God, knowing that he has a plan and that things will always work out in my favor.

Stacy, it is truly awesome that we serve a God who has a plan at all times. His thoughts of us are pure and not of evil. When we can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel we can rest by knowing God is in control. I also liked when Dad Hagin said that he goes by what God doesn’t say. If God didn’t give a bad report then all is well. I too pray for Word of Knowledge to be manifested because there are so many people that can benifit from it.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

Dad Hagin received the revelation that when Paul wrote the letter to the Church of Corinth it was to all members of the Church and not just to the benefit of one individual. He also received revelation that the Spiritual Gifts were Supernatural Gifts and that they were manifested as the Spirit wills.

The Church misinterpreted this passage by thinking that as Believers we were to covet and desire the gifts for ourselves; when in actuality Paul’s letter was to the entire Church and for the entire Church as the Spirit wills. To desire for one’s self would be seen as selfish.

The story mentioned in 2 Kings 6:9-12 had the most impact on me as it displayed hoe the Spiritual Gift of the Word of Knowledge can save lives. Elisha was warned of the enemy’s plotting against the people. He was obedient and was able to share this Word of Knowledge with them so that they wouldn’t be caught off guard and could protect and save themselves.

What I learned about the Gifts of the Spirit from this video and how I plan to apply it to my life, is that in my desire and covetousness is that it is for the Church and not simpky for my own personal gain. I plan to meditate and chew in the scriptures concerning the Gifts of the Spirit, so that I can be more sensitive as to when and how these gifts manifest in my own life. I desire the best of these supernatural gifts not just for me, but for the Church.

Monica I too have learned that these gifts are not for my personal gain. It’s not to say that I wanted to myself, I just have a better understanding that it is for the body of Christ. Because i enjoy helping people, I will desire these gifts even more to be manifested for the benefits of others.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Reverend Hagin started out with two passage of scripture: 1 Corinthains 12:31 “But covet earnestly the best gifts, and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.” 1 Corinthains 14:1 “Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that you may prophesy” Reverend would preach and the manifestation of the spiritual gifts would be in operation, but only in the churches that were taught about spiritual gifts. He was concerned and sought revelation from the Lord concerning why this was happening. By seeking the Lord, He find that some church was never taught about spiritual gifts, and in order for them to experience the manifestation of the Spiritual gifts they would need to desire the gifts. Only the churches who desire the gifts would see great manifestation. But the churches that weren’t taught didn’t receive any manifestation. He also interpreted that when Paul say to covet earnestly the best gifts, he was speaking about each one individually, however, that would have been selfish. Paul was speaking about the whole body of believers the Church should covet the gifts, and it would be manifest as the spirit wills. In addition, Reverend also realize that the word of knowledge was not just natural knowledge, but supernatural.

My focus was on two areas that the word of knowledge was in operation, 2 Kings 5:20-27 and 1 King 19:1-18, in 2 Kings I was surprise of Gehazi action, this man walked with Elisha. He was Elisha servant. I sure he knew the anointing that was on Elisha life. But he chose to lie, thinking that Elisha would not know. Also, 1 Kings, after all the major miracle Elijah did he find himself running from Jezebel not knowing that it would be expose by the word of knowledge. He was the same one that said “if your God Be God” now he is in a cave hiding. What amazed me is that these guy saw God move in their presence. They experience the power of God now he is running from jezebel

What I learn is that one must desire these gifts and be taught on their operation in order for the gift to be in operation. They flow as God will, God Is the one that turn these gift on.

Jettanyia Gumbs
        Participant

Mrs. Lilly I was surprised by Gehazi’s actions as well. To be honest though I’m not far from him. Often times when I do something wrong I try to hide from God as well. Shucks, I’d even blame God. I’d secretly say in my heart, If God just have me what I wanted in the first place I would not have been tempted to do what I did. Like Gahazi I did not fully u detstand that there is a time and season for everything in life. I thank God through his Holy Spirit I’m really starting to see more of his character. I’m getting to know him instead of just about him. As I take these stepsbto mature spiritually, I see myself growing in all areas of my life. I thank God for his word,  his church and this class. I’m grateful for classmates I can learn and grow from.

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Lilly: yes if you don’t desire these gifts of the spirit you will not be able to do the work of God . So I think that every believer should desire all the gifts of the spirit and also the fruit of the spirit both work together so all should want to have all of them.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
      Participant

Dad Hagin mentions the following passages in his sermon, “But covet earnestly the best gifts; and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1Corinthians 12:31) and “Follow after charity and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy” (1Corinthians 14:1).  How has the church misinterpreted this passage?

I have misinterpreted passages from the Bible many times.  The good news is we have the Holy Spirit, pastors and teachers to give us revelation knowledge and correct any misunderstandings we may have and steer us in the right direction.  I believe every believer wants the best from God; therefore, reading a scripture that says, “But covet earnestly the best gifts” should be a “no-brainer” right!  How wrong I was to discover that I wanted the gifts personally for myself because that was what the scripture says–it did not say covet earnestly the best gift for the church,  In addition, if and when I decided to come to church I will use the gifts at my own preference.  According to the text by Kenneth Hagin, the Holy Spirit and His Gifts, Paul told the entire church to covet or desire spiritual gifts because if an entire body of believers covets them, the Holy Spirit will divide the gifts of the Spirit to every man severally as the Spirit wills.  Paul also infers that every man is going to have all these gifts operating through them because he said, “For to One (not to everyone) is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge (1 Corinthians 12:8).  The church has misinterpreted this verse out of its setting–they thought the Bible was telling individual people to desire all of these gifts, when in actuality Paul was telling the church as a group or body to covet them.  Most of us has misunderstood and try to operate a gift of the Spirit personally for ourselves without the unction of the Spirit of God–or perhaps a gift of the Spirit has manifest in our lives on occasion and we think we now possess the gift and can operate it at will.  Paul stated, if only an entire body of believers will covet the gifts of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit will divide to every man severally as He wills–not as I will, not as you will, but as He wills.

Furthermore, in regards to (1 Corinthians 14:1) “Follow after charity and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy” has definitely been misinterpreted and we can look around and see the end results in our churches, schools, communities, etc.–“the proof is in the pudding.”  We want to freely receive the gifts; however, when it comes to charity we share it out meagerly and when we do offer it–we believe we are doing God a favor.  I remember when I was unemployed, I began complaining to God about not having anything to give and He told me to stretch out my hands and I did, then he told me they are for giving hugs and then He said that beautiful smile I give you–use it.  I must say these arms and this precious smile has impacted many lives (to God be the glory for the things He has done).

Additionally, I liked what Smith Wigglesword said in his text, (On Spiritual Gifts), Love is always in the place of revelation.  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing (1 Corinthians 13: 1-2).  It is wonderful to have the tongue of an angel so that all the people who hear you are moved by your use of language.  Yet how would I weep, how my heart would be broken, if I came to speak before you in beautiful language without the power!  Never let us do anything to lose the divine love, this close affection in our hearts that says, “Not I, but Christ; not I but Christ!”  “Forget yourself and get lost in Him”  Lose all your identity in the Son of God.  Let Him become all in all.  Seek only the Lord, and let Him be glorified.  You will have gifts; you will have grace and wisdom.  God is waiting for the person who will lay all on the altar, fifty-two weeks in the year, and then continue perpetually in the Holy Spirit.

Finally, even though we have these gifts in operation, according to Joyce Meyers Everyday Life Bible in First Corinthians 14:1, she stated that prophecy must be in alignment with the Word of God, and a personal word of prophecy should confirm something that is already in your heart.  If a word of prophecy is truly from god, he will make it happen in His own time.  Furthermore, God is love and love is the greatest thing in the world–love should be number one on our spiritual priority list.  We should study love, pray about love, and develop the fruit of love by practicing loving others.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
      Participant

Dad Hagin also mentions various stories from the Book of Kings in the Old Testament where the gift of the word of knowledge was in manifestation.  Which story has the greatest impact on you and why?

The story that has the greatest impact on me is in (1 Samuel 17:34-35; 16:1-13), when God chose David as King. I like it very much because it reminds me that God looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7) “For the Lord see not as men sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”  The prophet Samuel learned a lesson that day when God told him to go to the house of Jesse in Bethlehem because he has appointed one of his sons as king and he needs to be anointed. When the prophet Samuel came to Jesse’s house he met his eldest son Eli’ab and he said to himself, “This is surely the one that Jehovah has chosen.” But Jehovah told him not to look at how tall and handsome he is because he was not the chosen king–neither was the next six that came after him.  Then Samuel asked Jesse if these were all the boys he had.  Jesse reluctantly told Samuel that his youngest son was outside taking care of sheep–like it was a bad thing. However, when David was brought in to meet the prophet Samuel, Jehovah told him that is the one pour the oil on him–and Samuel did.  In my opinion, this is what God meant when he says He will bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor (Isaiah 61:3)

Donna Riley
        Participant

Pamela isn’t it great that God doesn’t judge like humans do!  Human beings judge you base on the car you drive or the clothes you wear. If you are good looking you are in, but if you are not what society deems as acceptable then you are targeted. Thank God that God looks not on the outside, but at the heart.  The saying is true, do not judge a book by its cover. I have leant this lesson to well in my life.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Donna–

I agree totally with you–judging others is so ingrained in us whether we do it inwardly or outwardly.  That is why every morning we must submit to God that is the only way we can overcome.  I do not know about you but sometimes things just pops up in my mind and I’m like oh no that’s the old me I don’t think like that anymore I bind that thought immediately in the name of Jesus.  All honor and glory to the Most High God!

Ezrikah Aska
        Participant

This surely is a beautiful reminder that God doesnt see us as people do. Its a wonderful thing to know that He sees my heart, He knows me better than anyone ever could, and he doesn’t hold my past against me like poeple do, such a blessing. He really meant it when He said He would use the things of this world to confound the wise!! Sometmes, I wonder to myself how could God possibly use me after all that I’ve done, how can I be good enough for His work. Then He uses someone to remind me that I don’t need to worry about that, all I need to do is be willing and obedient. It brings me to tears, how could He be soo good to me after I havent been good to Him..He is truly amazing!!

Celise Mahoney
      Participant

What Dr. Hagin learned from the letter to Corinth,  is the Gifts of the Holy Spirit or revelation of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are Supernaturally given to the Church by the same spirit. Even the diversities of the gifts. I have misinterpreted the gifts of the Spirit by only thinking that they belong  to the five-fold ministry. But in his letter, Paul wrote to the Church concerning spiritual gitfs, that we must not be ignorant, that these gitfs are given to all by the same spirit, any we must earnestly desire and covet these gifts. Desiring these gifts for one self is a selfish way of thinking and profits us nothing. Dr. Hagin spoke of the woman who want to hear God speaking to her as he did Pastor, and that got her in trouble with the devil. It reminds us that the gift  that  are given to us, is given to us Supernaturally as the Spirit  wills for he searches the hearts, of each and give the gitfs  to all by the same spirit.  So therfore we must seek God for our selves through a word of knowledge and wisdom concerning the discerning of gifts and purpose for our lives. Earnestly  seek and covet  the gifts of the Spirit, so that the many diverise gifts maybe evident within our church, homes on our jobs. These gifts are evident by the presence and help of the Holy Spirit even when we are praying  we  received from God. I also like when Dr. Hagin spoke about the word of wisdom given by the Spirit  to warn, and guide people about future judgements  or peril, through dreams, visions, or a word of knowledge . He said that sometime God sends a word of wisdom to reveal his future plans. All the gifts spoken about are given for the benefit of the Church, for edification, exhortation and comfort for all the saints, that is why we must earnestly stand in prayer as intercessor’s.  James:5:16 (B) the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. There is potential power in the prayers of a righteous man, that is able to bring revelation of knowledge and wisdom and discerning of spiritual gifts to the life of  a believer and Saints in the kingdom of God

2nd Kings 5:20- Where Gehazi’s greed over took his mind, actions, and then he went out behind the Prophet Elisha’s back and solict, two change of garments,  talents of silver from Nauman for being healed by the prophet from his disease of leprosy.  Then he went back to  Elisha’so house after he hid the things he got from Naaman, trying to deceive himself into thinking that he had gotten away with his greed.   He should have known  from being a servant of the prophet that nothing is hidden from the Holy Spirit or his servant the prophet. This is something  that we should  always remember that the Holy Spirit dwells within us and leads us into all truth.  The lesson that I have learned from this passage is that the Holy Spirit  presence is always with me and he sees everything done in my life, even those things  done in secret or openly.  I am more aware  of his presence helping me to do reach, and pray for God’s  perfect will and purpose for me and to reach out through the Holy Spirit for a word of knowledge , wisdom and revelation. I thank my Father, and my Lord Jesus that he sent the Holy Spirit to give to us wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Donna Riley
        Participant

Celise, I to did not realize how important the Gifts of the Spirit are and that they were available to us as laymen.  In the other churches I belong to, they taught that they were no longer available to the believers of today. Thank God for His Word, Word of Faith and these classes that teach you in depth.

Donna, I praise God for this class too.  I just wish it was a little longer.  There is so much more we can learn.

Donna Riley
      Participant

Everyone usually assumes a gift is something that is given to an individual to do as he or she pleases.  In human gift giving, that is the case.  However, Gifts of the Spirit are supernatural gifts given by God to the believer.  Those in the ministry are to operate in the gifts that are suited for the office they hold. However, anyone in the church can have these gifts manifest in their lives. These gifts are God given to whom He chooses and solely for the purpose He intended. Kenneth Hagin would go to various churches and only two would ever operate in the gifts. He thought if he prayed and fasted more, the gifts would manifest in the other churches.  The gifts did not manifest so he asked God for understanding in this situation. Kenneth Hagin thought the individual was to desire the gifts for themselves.  God revealed to him that these gifts were given to the church and are not to be desired for oneself. This would be selfishness. As the church desired and coveted the gifts, the Spirit would give to whom He wills. God also revealed that even though these churches said they believe in the gifts, they did not covet nor desire them. 1Cor. 12:31 said, “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” and “Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy” (1 Corinthians 14:1).  The churches acknowledged the Gifts of the Spirit, but did not covet nor desire them, therefore, they did not manifest in those churches.  The way to get the manifestation of these gifts in the church is to teach the people about them.

The story of Elisha and Gehazi in 2Kings 5:26 exposed hypocrisy. Elisha healed Naaman of leprosy, but accepted no gifts from him as a form of payment. Gehazi, Elisha’s servant, went after Naaman and asked for the gifts which Elisha refused. When Elisha asked Gehazi where he had gone, Gehazi replied nowhere. He had hidden the goods in his house. Elisha punished him by putting Naaman’s leprosy not only on him, but on his future generations.

This story had a great impact on me because it taught me to have a great respect for the ministerial offices of God or the anointing God places on His people.  Whether the person in the office is a likeable person or not, it is God’s will that should be respected. God chose to place this person in that seat and God knows why this person was the most suitable person to be holding that position. God put them there and only God can remove them. The gifts that accompany these offices may not operate all the time in the person’s life, but how will one know when God will move?  For Gehazi to see Elisha operate in the Gifts of the Spirit and then to do what he did is mind boggling. Even when Saul tried to kill David, David still respected him, because Saul was appointed king by God. David respected the anointing King Saul had received from the Lord.

I learned that the Gifts of the Spirit are really intriguing. To operate in the supernatural is a great achievement. Papa Hagin makes it sound so easy, but it is an awesome ability.  Think about how many souls could be won with these gifts in operation.  It is a great comfort to know that no matter the situation there is a gift that deals with each situation that one will encounter.  There is always an answer to every problem that arises.  Even being silent, will be the appropriate response. We just have to be obedient and follow the leading of the Spirit. The first step in applying what I have learned to my life is gaining as much knowledge about these gifts that I can through these classes and my own personal study time.  Since tongues is the gateway for all other gifts, I will continue to pray in tongues daily building myself up in God’s Holy Word. I have asked Holy Spirit to make me aware of the needs of others around me; help me not to become wary in well doing and not to operate in fear. I have asked God for Word of Faith St. Thomas to stand out above all others in the manifestations of the Gifts of the Spirit. It is encouraging to see so many others in the body of Christ now as students of the Word.  I firmly believe we are on our way.  We may be small, but we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Celise Mahoney
        Participant

Sister Donna, I agree wholeheartedly  with what you said about the Holy Spirit  giving the gifts as he wills, for the operation of the Church. It is the will of the Holy Spirit that we earnestly pray to received  these gifts, so that we may get a better understanding of how we are to operate in our service to the church and to pray for all saints. I pray that my fellow students  in layman’s class receive an better understanding and enlightenment  of the operations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as we study and fellowship  in the word.

Dr. Hagin  also spoke in his sermon about a certain  disciple of Jesus, named Ananias, in Acts 9:10, who was just a lay person in his church.  He had no pastoral  position,  no ministerial position, yet he receives  a word of knowledge  and wisdom from GOD through a vision. This vision gave him directions and instructions  as what he was to do. Dr. Hagin reference  again that the Holy Spirit distributes the gits as the Spirit wills and is available  to all members,  so we maybe used by God.

This story  in the Bible impacted me  a greatly,  it reminds me of the belivers in the churhes today, who have no pastoral because  position or no ministerial office, that can be used by the holy spirit just as Ananias. We may be used by Holy Spirit to edify, exthort,  and comfort  one another, by praying, interceeding, on befalf of pastors, families, governments,  and evey day situations. The Holy Spirit searches the hearts and knows the intent  of  the  hearts of  all the believer.  Psalm 94:11 The Lord knows  the thoughts of men and they are futile. That is why it is so important  to build ourselves  up in our most Holy faith, speaking in tongues,  edifying, refreshing  our spirit daily.

Walter Brown
        Participant

Sis Donna I couldn’t agree with you more about having a great respect for the Gifts in operations and the Holy Spirit. We must understand that God gives thes gift so He can be glorified not us as men.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Donna, I  belonged to a Church that NEVER taught us about Spiritual Gifts; muchless that we could operate in these gifts as the Spirit wills and gives us utterance. I remember Pastor Walker always teaching and reminding us that the Church is to operate in various gifts. These gifts aren’t just for a select few, nor are only certain gifts pesent. All spiritual gifts are available to the entire Church.

Jettanyia Gumbs
      Participant

The revelation that Pastor Hagin received was about the church concerning Spiritual Gifts. He discovered that some churches operated in the gifts of the spirit regularly, where as others didn’t. Through praying and fasting he realized that Paul had written a letter to the church of Corinthians not just a sspecific  person in the church. That meant that the entire church body would have to desire to operate in spiritual gifts. its up to God the Father to destribute them as he wills. It is actually sinful to desire them for our own personal selfish desires, and we open ourselves up to the devil when we do.

The church has misinterpreted this by esteeming some gifts as more important than others, thus refusing to partake in what they consider less important gifts. I’ve been to bible believing churches that don’t believe in speaking in tongues, it’s considered demonic. Then there are others that believe in them, but think it should only be done in the privacy of your own home. They look at prophecy and discerning of spirits as fortune telling, so they don’t condone it. It’s like trying to tell God which gifts you will accept.

The church also misinterprets The Word of Knowledge and The Word of Wisdom as just knowledge or wisdom. They are sometimes regarded as a human abilities instead of supernatural ones. Pastor Hagin defines the Word of Knowledge as “A fragmentary part of the entire counsel of God”.  A Word of Wisdom is “A supernatural revelation from the mind of God revealing his Devine will and purpose.” There is no way for us to receive these gifts outside of God.

The scripture story that really hit home for me was 2 Kings 6: 9-12 the story of the king that saved a people. This story really hit home for me because I know God gave me a Word of Knowledge concerning a loved one’s life, but I was to afraid to speak up. I was at work one they and my boo thang at that time told me his sister was in the emergency room with a bad belly ache.  As I was walking to the ER from the Dialysis unit where I worked I felt a gush of wind pass over me. Then a butterfly feeling feeling deep in my belly and a voice told me as clear as day exactly what was wrong.  She was having an ectopic pregnancy. I didn’t know what to make of it though, I thought it was just me being presumptuous. I gave her a quick assessment, then waited for the doctor’s diagnosis. While waiting, my boss seeing the trouble on my face, asked what was wrong. I explained the situation to her, and she confirmed what the spirit already told me. But I told her it’s not possible. The doctor diagnosed   the young lady with a UTI, gave her antibiotics and pain relievers and released her.  During the ride home my then boyfriend revealed to me his sister was pregnant, but it was secret. I took this opportunity to tell him everything that I felt in my spirit. He rebuked me, especially when I told him she would loose the child, for this was one of her greatest fears. So I never mentioned it again.  1 1/2 days later she went back to hospital for emergency surgery, and lost one of her Fallopian Tubes. The doctor said if she had waited any longer she would have died. I felt so bad because my fear could’ve cost this woman her life. I prayed to God many times about it, and I know now he heard me.

Just a few months ago my best friends were in a similar situation. I felt bad because my friends wanted to believe that their child would be saved. I was in church, and didn’t want to seem faithless. I wanted to believe and pray with them, but my spirit wouldn’t settle. I kept insisting that she go to the hospital even though they both ademantly refused. Eventually pastor agreed, and I saw him carry her in his own arms, and rock her like his own daughter until the car came around. I saw pastor’s heart that day, and why my friends love him so much. I didn’t leave my friend until she went in for emergency surgery. I thank God that I had the courage to speak up that time, and that I still have both of my friends.

I learned that spiritual gifts are for the church, not just for the believer. I realize now that it is selfish to want these gifts just for myself. I’ve also learned that no gift is more important than the other, each one has its purpose in Christ. I can now pray to God seeking manifestation of his gifts with my desires in the right place. I used to think that if I didn’t display any of his gifts that ment God didn’t save me. I would be mad at God for that, because I felt like he didn’t want me. I’d secretly think to myself, if even God doesn’t want me, no other man does either. So when I got into relationships, I clinged to the men  for dear life, even if the treated me badly. He is revealing many other truths to me as well.  I thank God for Layperson’s. I feel like I’ve learned more in two weeks than I did in years of just attending church.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Jettanyia, I am glad your friends are still around today, but I just wanted to add that God heard you the first time you prayed–as Dad Hagin says in his book nothing is wrong on the sending end it is always on the receiving end.  We need to trust that God is always present with us because He lives inside of us and he knows our thoughts so nothing surprises Him.  I believe once we receive like Dad Hagin says the finished work at the cross we are going encounter greater manifestation.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
      Participant

The story in Kings that had the greatest impact on me is in First Kings when David’s reign ends and his son Solomon inherits the throne.  However, God had told David in 2 Samuel 7:11-13 that “Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you: When your days are over and you rest with your fathers. I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my name and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever…”  The promise was establish in 1 Kings 1:28-30 David makes Solomon king and he said, “Surely as the Lord live, who have delivered me out of trouble, I will surely carry out today what I swore to you by the Lord, the God of Israel. Solomon your son shall be king after me and he will sit on my throne in my place.”  God made this promise to David and David made the promise to Bathsheba regarding their son Solomon. It impacts my life because the promise belongs to God, it is not ours.  The one who makes the promise keeps the promise. Jeremiah 1:12 He’s watching over His word to perform it.

Walter Brown
      Participant

The revelations that Brother Haigan received was that no matter how many times you spend praying or fasting, the gifts of the spirit would flow if everyone desired the gifts. Now when he was in a church where they believed bin t did not desire the gifts nothing happened.

He also understood that to covete the gift would be selfish I you your self wanted it for you,  but desire the gifts as a entire body,  where the gift shall manifest as the Spirit wills.

The story that impacted me the most was Gehazi. How he wanted gift when his master wasn’t into gifts just doing the word and the works of the Father. But Gehazi selfishly coveted gifts and lied to God about where he was. The reason I said he lied to God, it was the God who manifested Himself on the prophet who Gehazi lied to. It cost him dearly same sickness he watched Nehman got delivered from came apon him.

I simply learned not to take these gifts forganted. God is a righteous God and He give these gift freely but you must continue to desire to be righteous in handling the gifts.

I plan on applying what I have learned by being humble before God and operate to my best ability in righteousness and love so I can walk in these gifts when that time comes. I also believe a life of pray keeps you on track so you don’t mess up.

Yes, Walter your prayer life is important.  It makes you sensitive to the leading and promptings of the Spirit and it opens the door to the supernatural.

The revelation that Papa Hagin received regarding spiritual gifts was that it was the church that should desire spiritual gifts to be manifested in their services. The desire of spiritual gifts is not for just the individual. Papa Hagin got revelation that it doesn’t matter how much you fast and pray as a Pastor, Preacher, Minister, ect. If the church has no desire for spiritual gifts, it would not be manifested. It is the misinterpretation of the church that the Speaker should have the ability to manifest a spiritual gift, they have lacked understanding that it is the body of Christ that needs to have that desire. When Paul wrote his letter, it was the church that he was addressing. We are also commanded to desire the best gift. When it all comes together, it is for the edification of the body of Christ.

The story that had the greatest impact on me concerning word of knowledge was with Elisha and Naaman in 2 Kings chapter 5. It had the greatest impact on me because it teaches me you can never lie to your spiritual leaders. This story gives me the understanding that as a child of God there is nothing that can be done in the dark that he won’t bring to light. I have personally experienced this in my Christian walk.

I have personally learned that to desire a spiritual gift is not for myself but the body of Christ. The way I plan to implement what I have learned is to continue being obedient to the voice of God. For example, the other day he gave me a message to send to an individual via messenger on face book. I was obedient and the person responded saying my timing was appropriate. However, it was not of myself, just obedience to God. I plan to gain more confidence concerning this area in my life not for myself, but for the church.

Ezrikah Aska
        Participant

Shanelle, that story is definitely an eye opener!! When we relate to those who are flled with the Spirit, we have to be conscious that we’re not just talking to a man. Just lime the story with Ananias and his wife, they dropped dead because they lied not just to a mna, but to the Spirit of God. I’m soo thankful that He is merciful towards us, or else….Lord only knows. This is a.testament to how powerful the Spirit is, and we should always remember that He’s an ver abiding presence.

Ezrikah Aska
      Participant

God revealed to Papa Hagin that these passages were not written to one person, but to the church at Corinth and to the entire body of Christ. To covet these gifts for yourslef alone is selfish. God also told him that if the church would desire the gifts of the Spirit, THEN they would manifest in the body as the Spirit wills. The church has to develop a desire for the gifts of the Spirit.
      The church has misinterpreted this passage by assuming each member was to desire the gifts for themselves individually.

The old testament story that had the greatest impact on me was Elijah fleeing from Jezebel in 1Kings 19:1-18. Elijah ran to save his life, because all the prophets had been killed and he just knew that his life was next to be taken. His fleeing landed him in a barren place, nothing to eat or drink, BUT God sent an angel to supply for Elijah!! Then God also encouraged Elijah by telling him that he wasn’t alone as he thought, there were 7,000 back in the place where he had fled that still served God and didn’t bow to Baal!! Elijah was not alone!!
      This story touched me because I can remember times when I was soo sure that I was going through all by myself, and God placed individuals in my path to let me know that I wasn’t alone in the fight. Even in this very body of believers, I’ve had people, that have now become special to me, help me to see that I can make it through. They encourage me not to give up on God. I’ve grown stronger because they’ve not held back, and delivered what God gave them to give to me. He’s even encouraged me through coworkers, people who I’ve never met before or had conversation with, and even through my moments in the word and prayer. I’ve learned that I’m not alone.

Through this video I’ve learned how to better identify how the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom works. I’ll be able now to tell which gift is at work when I see it manifested. I also now have a change of heart on the gitfs of the Spirit. I’ve never thought about desiring these things, I just always assumed that it would come whenever. Now, I definitely will desire the best gifts, and not for myself but for us as a church body.

Denise Torres-Hodge
      Participant

The revelation Rev. Hagin received from God regarding the passages “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1 Corinthians 12:31) and “Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy” (1 Corinthians 14:1). First he discussed the conditions he had to be in in order to receive this revelation.  This was to be in prayer and fasting. He had to be centered. He learned that his understanding and the churches understanding was incorrect. He was taught and thought that the Gifts of the Spirit was for an individual to desire for themselves. This learned information was incorrect and selfish. He discussed Paul’s letter which he learn was written to all Christians, that God manifest these Gifts to the believers as He Wills.

The story that impact me the most was the story in  2 Kings 6:9-12, where Elisha was giving the Gift of the Word of Wisdom. Where God visited him and instructed him to go and warned the King of Israel that their enemies were planning to kill them. Because Elisha had this Gift, and obeyed Gods word, this kingdom was saved.

This scripture impacted me and saddened my spirit because my sister was killed in a mass murder. It made me wonder if God had sent anyone to warn the people in the Twin Towers and maybe that person didn’t obey His word.  The impact is that its equally as important to expedite / act on the Wisdom provided as it is receiving it.  This kingdom was saved two fold. First because God blessed Elisha with the Gift of Wisdom and then because Elisha carry out His word to warn them.  The knowledge I get from this is that its important to do what God says when he says it. Not later, lives could be at stake.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center