Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 8 – Dispensations Forum Dispensations Discussion Forum – Week 4: May 19, 2016

Dispensations Discussion Forum – Week 4: May 19, 2016

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

maxresdefault

Welcome to Dispensations Discussion Forum – Week 4 – May 19th

This is week 4 of Dispensations our discussion question this week focuses on our study of the Dispensation of Grace.  Remember to answer the question and then respond to two of your classmates.  Really think about this question and search the scriptures to provide support of your answer.

• What did the work of Christ do for both man and God?  

Remember to respond to at least two of your classmates.  Also, grammar is important so play close attention to what you are posting.  Read it over before you hit submit.  Blessings

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

The work of Christ placed God under obligation based on man accepting the work of Christ. God is not under obligation to offer grace to man simply because He is God. He is under obligation once a sinner realizes that he is a sinner, and that God’s grace is greater than his sins; that he can’t earn favor of God based on merits, but if he goes to God meeting the requirements of reconciliation he will immediately receive God’s grace.

Once a sinner accepts the work that Christ did for him (die on the cross), God can’t refuse to manifest His grace. God is not under obligation to bless any sinner that refuses and rejects the offer of God and the work of Christ. (I Timothy 2:4)

We are reminded thst God doesn’t want robots and once agsin free will comes into play. The choice is that of the sinner, as God has made His choice already and His work in paying man’s debt is completed. God is obligated to give all sinners that accepted all the benefits for which Christ died.

Yes, man is saved by grace, but only after the free and voluntary choice of accepting the work of Christ along with appropriate confession of sins to God and faith in the blood.

In a nutshell, a sinner must accept that he’s a sinner, repent of his sins, accept the work of Christ dieing on the cross, which places God under obligation to bless us with His grace and favor. (2 Peter 3:9)

Rhonda
        Participant

Monica, even though Jesus gave the world the free gift of salvation to receive. I find it so interesting that God still will not violate our own free will to accept His free gift. You said it well, God doesn’t want robots.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Monica, I’m so grateful that God allows us to have our own free will to choose right from wrong. It is so amazing that He didn’t just say choose between the two ,but He admonish us to choose life. He knew not everyone was going to choose Him, but because of His mercy, He still sent His son to redeem us from sin that we wouldn’t have to go hell. This is the God we serve,

Rhonda
      Participant

God gave the Hebrew people the Law through Moses under the dispensation of Law. God’s people consistently broke the commandments, and the law was not fulfilled because they could not keep it. However, the Law was fulfilled in Christ.

Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV), Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Romans 10:4: For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

According to John in John 1:16-17, Jesus Christ brought grace and truth. But we know from studying the Bible that God exhibited measures of grace in all ages before Jesus Christ came to the Earth, but it was fullness of grace that came through Him at His coming according to John 1:14-14 (KJV).

God then established the dispensation of Grace. God’s unmerited favor would finally allow His chosen people (believing Jews and Gentiles) to have lasting fellowship with Him.

God gave Jesus by grace to save all men from sin. According to Hebrew 1:1-3 KJV, Jesus became the voice of God to man. However, man is a free moral agent and is free to choose or deny Christ. Jesus unfolded God’s plan and made it possible for man to be fully reconciled and reunited to God and we are now able to do the same works as Christ did while on Earth.

Our salvation is totally dependent upon Jesus Christ’s faithfulness at Calvary, His finished work at the cross, was sufficient payment for our sins. His dying for our sins, His bloodshed, His burial, and His resurrection (Romans 3:19-28 KJV).

The work of Christ on the cross gave man access to salvation. God is obligated to give all who accept the full benefits for which Christ died. Because of God’s grace he treats us (believers) as if we have never sinned and we are able to receive His eternal blessings.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Rhonda sometimes I wonder if free choice is a good thing. We were all given the same choices and you would think after so much history of man’s failures that we would have learned by now. Sin does not pay! What could God have done that was any better? Yet for so many eternity in Hell is there choice. When I think about that side of life, I shudder to think that could have been me. Thank God for His grace and mercy. I stay on my knees for my sons.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Rhonda, I thank God everyday for sending His son to die for me; because he did, I’m in right standing with God, not for what I try to do, but because of the grace of God that’s upon my life. I’m so glad that it is not by work, but, a free gift that I can receive by faith.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Rhonda, I give thanks daily for Christ’s finished work on the Cross, for without his selfless love we would have no Salvation. Yes, I must make the choice of accepting his finished work, but without his work on the cross there’d be no Salvation, love, grace, peace or redemption and so much more.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Yes Monica you are absolutely right Christ finished work on the cross give man access to salvation the price for sin was paid on that cross. Those who choose Christ he can now look at them as if they have never sin, and can now inherit all the blessings of their heavenly father

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Because of the Work of Christ God has treat mankind as though they have never sin; we have been over powered with God’s grace (pure kindness and unmerited favor from God,), which, allow us to walk in the fullness of God not feeling condemn none guilty. Because of the Work of Christ God has treat Mankind as though they have never sin which allow us to walk in the fullness of Him.

The works of Christ have redeem mankind from sin. It allows mankind to communicate with God at anytime. We also received the right of free will to choose from right and wrong. Just as Noah found grace in the sight of God because he was righteous, and God favored him, is the same for us. However, not because God’s grace is upon us, we have the right to sin. As the same people whom God had chosen and who found grace in God’s sight were destroyed because of sin, for grace does not tolerate sin. No sinner is saved personally until he accepts the work of Christ.

The finish works of Christ allow God to receive many sons and daughters.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Lilly, when you study the various dispensations, it really makes you have a greater appreciation and love for the God we serve. His saving grace is unquestionably the best thing that has happen to us. He is truly an amazing, patient, faithful and loving God. The dispensations proves He will go to any length to protect and fight for His family.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Isn’t it good to know that we can go to God at anytime! We don’t need anyone else to go to Him for us we can run to Him freely for anything at any time! Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice!

Donna Riley
      Participant

<p>God wanted a family.  He created man and woman and gave them the power to freely choose.  Man in the beginning had everything he could ever want.  God wanted man to choose Him instead of sin. However, man sinned, turning over his authority to Satan and losing his right to eternal life and fellowship with God. The penalty for man’s sin was death. Man could not pay the penalty for the sins he had committed and therefore, man needed a savior. Jesus had to be that savior because only a sinless person could redeem mankind. Not only was Jesus sinless, but He was also willing to take man’s place.  Christ bore the sins of all men on the cross. “He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1John 2:2).  He endured the judgement for man’s sin, becoming a substitute for man and thereby becoming man’s Savior. What the work of Christ did for man and God was to cause Satan to be defeated and cause him to lose control of his dominion over the earth. “He defeated the rulers and powers of the spiritual world. With the cross he won the victory over them and led them away, as defeated and powerless prisoners for the whole world to see.” (Colossians 2:15ERV). Christ death on the cross brought man forgiveness, which removed the wrath of God from man.  It redeemed man, which gave man freedom from the bondage of sin and it reconciled man, that is, it brought man back into a correct relationship with God the Father. Man through God’s Word could be transformed back into the image of God, that is, a pure hearted, thinking, speaking and acting person.  God got His family back.  </p>

Rhonda
        Participant

Donna, the enemy would never have expected that God would go to such great lengths to love and reunite us. He expected Christ to come as the Conquering King, not a Suffering Servant. The enemy would not have crucified Jesus, if he had understood God’s plans.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 1 Corinthians 2:7-8

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Had they had know they never would have crucified Him, but God is so awesome! He turned those tables. With the price of Jesus’s blood, God was able to get everyone that freely accepts Jesus back to Him. The devil loses every time!

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The work of Christ provided the means by which man could be reconciled to God and come out from under the curse of the law and the bondage of Satan.

Once a person realizes that he is sinner, and is helpless and needs God he now has a vehicle through which to reconcile himself to God. There are certain requirements that need to be met for that reconciliation to occur; free and voluntary acceptance of the work of Christ, confession of sins to God and confession of faith in the Blood of Christ. This is the ultimate choice for man to make since Adam chose to disobey God in the Garden. Romans 3:20-24 explains it in this manner, “20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:”

Adam’s decision, or work of iniquity imputed sin to all mankind. Future man had no choice. The work of Christ gave each individual man the choice to stay in sin or reconcile with God. Once a man chooses God, the grace of God and all of its blessings are poured out on that man.

In fact, the blessings have to be poured out on that man because God in all of his grace and mercy obligated himself to pay the debt for sinful man. Ephesians 2:4-9, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved): 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

The work of Christ paid the debt and because of that God is obligated to manifest His grace to any sinner that chooses to accept the work of Christ. Man chooses to accept the work of Christ “by faith” and “through faith”. That person can then receive the full benefits now made available to them through God’s grace.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Stacey, our God is so awesome! He always has a plan so that we can be reunited with. He’s the perfect gentleman, because instead of forciing his will on us he hae given us a choice. It is difficult for me to understand how some still choose death at the same time I know that some are lost.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Stacy God is merciful, kind, and loving to do what all he has done for us. His grace and mercy endures forever, nothing catches him by surprise he sees & knows all and he always has a ram in the bush for us.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Donna, God did want us for His family and so the work of Christ reconciled us to God so that we could choose to become members of His family. The Bible tells us that we are God’s heirs and joint heirs with Christ and all of this by God’s grace.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Lilly, I agree with your point that God’s grace upon us (believers) is not a license for us to sin. It is not a blanket get away with it card. I have heard people say “I’m under grace” when they are doing the wrong thing but we know that we can frustrate the Grace of God.

Marita Smith
      Participant

God made the earth and the fullness thereof, giving Adam dominion over all the works of his hands.Genesis:1 In other words Adam was the god of this world, Adam committed high treason and sold out to Satan, he didn’t have a moral right to do it, but he had a legal right to do it and he did it.
      Satan through Adam became the god of this world, But God always have a plan, so he formed a plan of redemption to redeem mankind back to him. The only way he could’ve done this is by sacrificing his only son Jesus by sending him on Calvary’s cross to die so that man can be set free from the curse of the law of sin and death.Romans5:10-17
      Colossians 2:15 tells us that Jesus spoiled Satan powers and made a show of them openly in it, his death, burial and resurrection. When Jesus defeated Satan and his demons spoiling principalities and powers, he gained for man an eternal redemption.

Because of the finished work of Christ, God was now able to reconcile man back to him, he put all things under Christ’s feet sickness, diseases, lack and poverty for the benefit of the church, which is his body, (man) the fullness of him that fills all in all Eph. 1:22

Christ finished work raised man up with him to sit with him in heavenly places (Eph. 2:7) that is man’s spiritual legal position, one of authority honor and triumph, and not one of failure, defeat, or depression.

Man has become one with Christ, seated at the right hand of majesty on high; seated with Christ in a place of authority in heavenly places 1Corinth. 6:17. Men are to reign as kings in this life by Christ Jesus they are partakers of the authority that Christ’s very throne represents.

However, in order for man to partake of this authority they have to become born again, and become new creatures in Christ Jesus. Roman’s 10:8-10 the choice is man’s to choose life or death blessings or curses.

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

You are so right Marita we were once again given the right to choose life or death. He even made it easy! He told us to choose life! I am so God for sending His son for me! We can now draw near to Christ and receive the goodness of the Father.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

The work of Christ had paid the price for the sins of humanity. When God created Adam and Eve He knew that he wanted to make family to love and to worship Him freely; of their own free will and choice. After Man fell, Man was separated from God by sin. Isaiah 59:2tells us that our iniquities has separated us from our God, and that our sins have made Him hid His face from us that He will not hear. God knew that He had to find a way to bring us back to Him. 1 Peter 3:18 states, For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the spirit. Jesus Christ paid the price for us to be reconciled back to God. Now God can once again call us His. Jesus act of love on the cross removed the blemishes of sin so we can now stand before God.

The work of Christ also allowed God to once again have the family that He always wanted. He was no longer separated by sin from his creation. He could now pour out His grace on His people and treat them like they never even sinned. It also allowed him to keep His promise to Eve in Genesis 3:15 – And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed and his seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center