Home Forums Layperson’s II – Section 1 – Gifts of the Holy Spirit Gifts of the Spirit – Week 3 – (September 25- October 2, 2016)

Gifts of the Spirit – Week 3 – (September 25- October 2, 2016)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

the-gifts-of-the-holy-spirit-1-638Good day, Students

The discussion forum question for this week is “Are the Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit active in the church today?”  The gifts were obviously important to the New Testament church because we have examples recorded in Scripture how Jesus and the disciples were used in a Word of Knowledge (Acts 10:9-19); Gifts of Healings (Matthew 15:30, Acts 28:8-9); Word of Knowledge (John 4:16-17) but are these same gifts evident in the church today.  Give evidence of the gifts operating in the church (Body of Christ) today. (Give scriptural evidence as well as things you have observed in church or on television.  You can use any of the nine (9) gifts as an example.  You are not limited to the ones I used above.  No church bashing)

Raphael Ottley
      Participant

Are the Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit active in the church today? [yes]

In 2013 I was told that I have cancer.I told my pastor. Walker and he pray a word of healing for me,q Just like in James, 5:14-16 Is any sick among you?let him call for the elder of the church and let them pray over him . anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;And the prayer of faith shall save the sick ,and the lord shall raise him up’ and if he have committed sins they shall be forgiven of him [ Yes I was already save but evil spirits was working on my body that why I went to my paster Walker he teach me how to pray for healing alone with him and then l went to C.T.C.A.  with his healing pray with me like in.] James. 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed.The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

Celise Mahoney
        Participant

Rapheal, I rejoice with you in giving thanks to the God of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for the miraculous gitfs of healing in your life and that you are free from your affliction. That you were able to  receive your healing through your faith  in Jesus finished work,  that was done on the cross. Where we have access through Jesus to receive, healing, deliverance,  prosperity,  joy, peace, hope, forgiveness and LOVE. These promises were given to us freely by one who loves us so much that he said in 3rd John 2: Beloved,  I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. I also give thanks that you  used James 5:14-15, as your scripture reference and seeking Pastor Walker  for the right instructions for prayer in what to do to receive your healing. Are miraculous gitfs of the Holy Spirit active in Churhes today? YES. Acts: 9:34 And Peter said to him, Aeneas, Jesus the Christ heals you.” Arise and make your bed’. Then he arose immediately.

Rhonda
        Participant

Raphael, To God be the Glory for your miraculous healing! It is so good to to know that when faced with challenges in our bodies we can rely on the Word of God (healing and power of agreement) and the supernatural Gifts of Miracles. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them (Matthew 18:20 KJV). But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5 KJV).

Raphael, thank you for sharing.  I praise God for our Pastor.  He is always there for us to prayer with us and to give us the word on the matter.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Raphael, I join my faith with yours for God’s healing power to work through your body, that you can receive the healing that is already provided for you through the finished work of Jesus on the cross. Cancer is only a name, but Jesus has the name above every name even cancer, and cancer has to bow at the name of Jesus.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Raphael, I am so excited to hear your good news. We are in a powerful church because the pure Word is being spoken and taught by a great leader. Thank God you chose to believe the Word and not the circumstances. You have an awesome testimony for life.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Raphael, I give God all thanks and praise for your healing and that it is available to us today through the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Glory Be to God, brother Ottley that you received healing in your body–by whose Jesus stripes ye were healed (1 Peter 2:24).  According to Papa Hagin, “Thank God for His Word and for the privilege of believing and acting upon his Word. Thank God, too, for supernatural manifestations and for gifts of healings.”

Ezrikah Aska
        Participant

Awesome testimony Raphael!! I remember the day you came into church and you spoke about what you were going through and you believed God’s word that you were healed!! You remind me of my recent hospitalization, I had to hold the words of Jesus close and continually tell myself that I am the healed and not the sick, by Jesus’s stripes I’m already healed, Jesus took my sickness and diseases in his own body so I dont have to lay in that sickbed!! My God amazed the doctors, they were shocked to see me up and walking around!!! Like we’ve heard our leadership say time and time again, the word works if we work it!! 😉

Raphael, I thank God for you and rejoice with what he has done and continues to do in your life. Yes, the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous must avail much. Cancer is a name that must bow to the name of Jesus. I command that thing to receive the fire of the Holy Spirit and be severed from its roots. It has no place in the body of Christ.
        Amen!

Marita Smith
      Participant

Yes, the miraculous gifts of the spirit are active in the church today. Evidence of them operating in the church today would be by the laying on of hands for those who are sick and is in need of healing, which is a point of contact for the person who is receiving the healing to release their faith in the promise of God’s word. (Luke 4:40)

I have seen the pastors in my church lay hands on people who were believing for their healing and they got healed, some were instant and some were not, those that were instant were asked to give their testimony of what their experience was. The word of God says we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

There are others who stand primarily on the word of God until they get the manifestation for their healing (1Peter 2:24) which I have done myself and received my healing.

When our church was back at Annas Fancy the word of wisdom went forth through minister Walker, she told this young lady that a young man was going to approach her, but she was not to give him the time nor the day, apparently she did, because a few months later she became pregnant while she was still in school.(John 4:16-17) That was my first time experiencing something that was said in that manner; because I never been to a church where they speak in tongues or operate in the gifts of the spirit before, it was truly an experience for me.

As recent as back in June when Evangelist Heard was here at our church, she operated in the word of knowledge when she said; “there is someone in here that God has been dealing with you about being an Intercessor, that God is going to use you to intercede on the behalf of his people”, she told the person to come forward, a young lady came forward she laid hands on her and prayed for her.

From my personal experience and what I have witnessed for myself again; I say yes the miraculous gifts of the spirit are active in the church today.

Rhonda
        Participant

Marita, it is so good for believers like you and I to witness the Gifts of the Spirit in operation. Not only does it bring glory to God but it also edifies us and builds our faith. I am believing for greater manifestation of the Gifts of Spirit to operate in the church and in our lives. 2016 is our Breakout Year!

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Marita, I remember those days in Annes Fancy. The Gifts use to flow every-time. Like the scripture say, you have to desire, believe, and asks, I believe at that time it was a great desire for the gifts to move in the church. I remember not wanted to go home, people would be slide out right down to closing. What I remember also is that the congregation was always in one accord, we were united in love. I really desire for the gifts to be in operation like never before. God is able to do it!!!

Pamesha Perez
        Participant

Lily, I get so excited hearing about the Annas Fancy days and oh how I would have loved to witness those gifts flow! Respectfully speaking, I believe often times situations work best in a more humble setting and perhaps that is why the gifts were flowing more often back then. I think quite a few people (not all) come to church for the TV screens, the new sound system, and all the other glitz and glamour instead of coming to worship the Lord. We somehow get distracted by these things and not give God the full, undivided attention that He deserves.

For example, when the monitors are having technical difficulties, we shouldn’t skip a beat. It doesn’t matter if we know the words or not. We can hum and praise God just the same. In more humble beginnings, people came to fellowship with others and be in God’s presence. If the mic stopped working or there were not enough song sheets, it didn’t matter. The praises and the gifts were still flowing.

Lilly, I am standing in agreement with you that those gifts will flow even better than before!

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Pamesha, I agree that people can be distracted by what is in the church or the church set up. However, I think that people also come in distracted with the cares of their life. I wasn’t attending WOFICC back in the Agnes Fancy days but, from what I hear, the Gifts of the Spirit were flowing on a regular basis there. I surmise that it was because they were all in one place in one accord.

Pamesha Perez
        Participant

Yes Marita, I love me some Minister Walker. She is truly anointed!!! I have been blessed to witness her speak in tongues and interpret tongues, however my absolute favorite is when she is flowing in the discerning of spirits. I remember one day during service she was on the stage and spoke about the angels that she was seeing throughout the sanctuary and I was in total awe. I was like I want to see what you see. As she spoke, I remember feeling their presence throughout the sanctuary. I didn’t know much about the gifts of the spirit at that time and I am so grateful that I do now. I am very excited to flow in all of the gifts that God has hand picked just for me! God is so amazing!

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Marita, thank you for that reminder of the Word of Knowledge given by Evangelist Herd. As I was going through the gifts I couldn’t bring an example of this to mind. We have witness to so many manifestations of the Gifts through our own Pastors and the visiting pastors that come to minister to us.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Marita I agree with you that the miraculous gifts of the spirit are active in the church today. I  remember Mike Murdock visiting the Faith Center in Florida and was trying to get the congregation to sow a seed of $275 because that was the amount God had placed on his heart. He told us to write on the check what we are believing God for-mine was finances because I did not had the amount.  Miraculously the bank ran the check and cleared it and wrote me a letter telling me that they made up the difference.  I have never witnessed anything like that in my life before but I am getting a better understanding of the text regarding what Papa Hagin said, “But covet earnestly the best gifts; and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1 Cor. 12:31).  It’s one thing to try to do something mentally yourself; it’s another thing to trust Him–the Greater One who is in you. He is everything in us that the Scriptures say He is.  He’ll do everything in us the Word says He will do and He will be everything in us the Word says He will be.  Therefore if we are using the gifts to glorify Him it his His will to perform the miracle.

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Marita . You are right when you say that you see pastor lay hands on people in the church. But it still leave us to do the same thing what we see our pastor do because once you are a believer you should lay hands on the sick even if pastor are in the spirit when he is preaching. Mom Walker let hands on me and my pain went away . But I believe it would happen if you don’t believe it will not get the healing from that person and your still will get healing.

Rhonda
      Participant

Yes, the miraculous Gifts of the Spirit are still very active in the church today. The same gifts that were recorded in Scripture are still evident today. Jesus told us in John 14:12 KJV: “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.” In John 14 – 16 KJV, Jesus promised that after He returned to the Father, He would send the Holy Spirit to indwell them. As a result the greater works that the disciples would do were the direct result of the Spirit’s working in and through them. That mean that as believer’s today we have the same Spirit (Holy Spirit) working through us also.

One of the most witnessed Gifts of the Spirit that I have observed are the Gifts of Divers Kinds of Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues. I Corinthians 12:10 KJV, To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: Pastor Walker uses the Gifts of Divers Kinds of Tongues as a door into the supernatural as he receives supernatural utterance by the Holy Spirit. Also, Minister Walker has the supernatural ability to understand and explain messages uttered in an unknown language and interprets the divers’ tongues spoken. When these two gifts are in operation they help to edify the church and God.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Ronda, I like what Jesus stated, the works that I do we will do greater. This tell me that everything that Jesus did we can do also. Wow!

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Absolutely, the miraculous gifts of the spirit are still active and operative in the churches today.  I have seen the gifts of tongues and interpretation of tongues manifested in Word of Faith frequently.  These gifts always bring edification, exhortation, and comfort to the congregation (1Corinthians 14:3).  What I notice with these two gifts, they work hand in hand.  Pastor would give the tongues and Minister Walker would interpret.

I remember when Henry was having an operation, one that normally take very long to recover, Pastor Turner was our visiting pastor for that week. When He heard that Henry was going into surgery he came to the hospital and was there to the end.  We were praying throughout the whole time Henry was in the operating room, all of a sudden, Pastor Turner stop and said, “it is over, and he will have a speedy recovery.”  It was about a minute after Pastor Turner say that, the doctor came in, and said “it is finish and it went well.” I thought, “How did he know that?”  Afterward, He told me that I have a son and a daughter, I was “what! why is God reading my mail to this man, I don’t know him like that, he is only visiting us for a week!” I say truly he is a Prophet. He operated as a Prophet, he was flowing in the revelation gifts in (1Corinthians 12:8) word of knowledge and word of wisdom.  In one service He prophesied to this guy, it appeared as though the prophesy beared witness with his spirit, he began to say, I knew it, I knew it.

These gifts conform what you already know. I really desire these gifts, and I will flow in them. YES I WILL!!!!

Lilly, I have gotten goosebumps just reading and reminiscing about the things that have occurred in our services and what we have witnessed first hand.  Now, it is time for us just to step up to the plate.  No more holding back and let the Holy Spirit flow.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Like you said Lilly, we have to desire these gifts so they can be operational in our lives and in the church; they are used to build, encourage and edify us. it’s so amazing how God would use us in the different gifts to do what he needs to get done. The manifestation of these gifts operate by the Holy Spirit and he knows all things.

Ezrikah Aska
        Participant

Lilly, you are soo right!!!! Sometimes its like they be reading your mail, all in your backyard!!! Lol 🙂 I find myslef shying away from people that flow like that sometimes, I’m like oh my goodnes they’re going to read me like a book!!!
        It is definitely an amazing thing to witness the gifts in operation. Yes we read about it in His word, but when we can be front and center its an amazing experience!!

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Lilly. You right when you see the miraclious gifts of the spirit of Jesus work in your own family that when you know that all the things you was praying for came throught widen you ask him for his help .stay strong in the lord.

Celise Mahoney
      Participant

Yes, the miraculous gitfs of the Holy Spirit still operates in the churhes today.  One Saturday, in 2012, a friend of mine, Corrine, who is now a Pastor at Mount Zion New Testament  Church, organized a prayer breakfast with some other ladies of faith and from different churches.  We gathered together to pray for our governments, nation, president, governors, families and healing for the sick in the hospital and those among us that day. Matthew 18:20 for were two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there also. While we were praying some of the women began to rejoice, by praising God by singing, some were crying for joy, because  we all knew  that the Holy Spirit was present that day. Today, I see some of the that healing was prayed for, still going to church, still standing on God’s word and praising God.

The miraculous gitfs of tongues  and interpretation of tongues still is operational  in our churhes  today.  I have seen my former Pastors, Bill William and Toi’ Smith operate in thus gift. Pastor Bill spoke in tongues that day  in 2007, and his wife Pastor  Toi’ gave the interpretation.   Didn’t the understand the meaning of the tongues and the interpretation of tongues. That was my first time experiencing the gift of tongues. I prayed in tongues before but never heard tongues given and interpreted before. 1st Cron: 13 (b) to another  different  kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. I am still  seeing  the miraculous gifts tongues  and interpretation being evident in our church  today through Pastor Walker and Minister Walker through the giving of tongues and the interpretation of tongues many times. Testimonials  were given and still be given to tis day. Acts 2:3 then appeared  to them, divided tongues as fire, and one Saturday upon each if them, and the were filled with the Holy Spirit  and began to speak with other tongues as the Spirit  gave them utterance. Another miraculous gift of the Holy Spirit still operational I  churhes  is through laying on of hand for healing. I have seen Pastor and Minister Walker operate in this gift. So yes the Miraculous Gifts of the Holy Spirit is present in Churhes today.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Celise I agree with you that Pastor and Minister Walker flow in the gifts of tongues and interpretation of tongues which is evidence that the gifts of the spirit are still operational in the church today. Its coming to Word of Faith is where I first heard people speaking in tongues as I stated earlier. It was amazing to me the first time I experienced them flowing in these gifts that she could understand what he was saying in a language that didn’t even sound real to me. BUT GOD!!
        Of course I went to her and ask her, she said its in her spirit as she hear the words she speak them out, I was so amazed, I was like wow!! God is so amazing.
        I just thank God for blessing us with the ministry gifts of Pastor and Minister Walker and Minister Abbott she flows in the word of Knowledge, I’m still holding on to encouraging words that she has spoken in my life, she is truly an anointed and appointed woman of God, they have been truly a blessing in my life.

Pamesha Perez
      Participant

I believe that the miraculous gifts of the spirit is somewhat active in churches today for various reasons. One reason is that some churches, depending on denomination, do not believe those gifts still exists. Another reason is that the desire to possess those gifts are simply not there within a lot of believers.

The divers kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues tend to be very evident in churches and I have witnessed that countless times. I have also witnessed the word of knowledge (John 4;16-18) and discernment of spirits (Acts 16:16-18) a few weeks ago, while attending the Power Week held in the Emancipation Garden.

The gentleman gave specific situations and instructions to people in the audience as well as talked about seeing demonic spirits while visiting our island. One of my friend’s mother attended the function and to my knowledge, she is not a regular church goer. In fact, I am not certain she is a believer. When the man called her last name, from her expression, she was very surprised that he called her and was hesitant to go on the stage to get the word that God had for her. The night reminded me of 2 Kings 5 which regales the story of Gehazi and Elisha. Elisha spoke in such detail as did the man that evening. It was truly an amazing night because I had never witnessed this in person before.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

You know what is so amazing Pamesha is the supernatural is suppose to be a natural occurrence for believers; however, we are just as surprise as the unbelievers when something miraculous happens.

Ezrikah Aska
        Participant

Pamesha, I do agree with you on the church not desiring those gifts. I’m sure so.e believers are in a state of ignorance as I was. I had no clue that I was to have a desire for the gifts of the Spirit, I just thought they would happen whenever. I’m greatful that jw I know better, that my eyes have been opened. Now we know that we as a body need to desire the best gifts!!
        I hope your friend’s mom’s life has been changed, it has to because there’s no way possible an encounter like that doesnt move an individual in some way.

Wow!! Pamesha, you presented some good points.  It is true some churches don’t believe although it is plainly written in Scripture.  Unfortunately, as a result of what they believe they may never see or experience the gifts in operation.  God gave the gifts of the Spirit to the church to benefit everyone.  I am so grateful for churches like ours that believe the full counsel of God and expect God to manifest himself every time they come together.  Just like we talked about in class the

I love the example you gave.  Just like we discussed in class.  The gifts are also like a calling card for the unbeliever.  I am sure that woman walked away in awe of God.

Denise Torres-Hodge
      Participant

There are Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit active in the church today. This is evident even when Pastor speaks a word over the church in the Gift of Divers Kinds of Tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28-30 it’s a supernatural utterance by the Holy Spirit in languages never learned by the speaker or even understood by the mind of the speaker, nor necessarily always understood by the hearer”.  Pastor doesn’t know what he uttered. However, Minister Walker, operates in the Gift of Interpretation of Tongues. 1 Corinthian 14:27-28. The supernatural interpretation of an utterance in other tongues.  The purpose of this gift is to render the gift of tongue understandable to the hearer so that the whole congregation as well as the one who gave the utterance can understand what was said and can be edified.  Many church members operate in these Gift daily.  I myself have operated in the Gift of Healing on many occasions. One day a my sister was saddened by the medical condition that landed her mother-in-law, whom she loved, in the hospital.  The reports the doctors were giving were grave and of a poor prognoses. I encouraged my sister to pray with me and my daughter for her healing and we did. Matthew 18:19 “Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven” and this prayer manifested because we had the Desire, we Asked and Believed.  These are 3 Gifts I mentioned, but I have seen many Gifts operate in the church today.

Donna Riley
      Participant

God is a good God. He wants us blessed just as much as His children in the New Testament. God knows the Gifts of the Spirit are necessary for the fulfilling of His plans and purpose so definitely these gifts are in operation today in the lives of the believers.
      Examples of the Gifts of the Spirit in operation today are as follows:
      Gift of Wisdom
      At the end of every year, Old Year’s night, Bishop Butler or Reverend Kenneth Copeland instructs the congregations on how God wants us to operate for the upcoming year. These two great leaders each year on behalf of the congregation tap into the will and purpose of God for His people. They give us the instructions on how we should think, speak and act during the entire New Year. They also inform us what the outcome will be once we are obedient to the instructions given by God. Romans 10:14 says “…and how shall they hear without a preacher?
      Discerning of Spirits
      Minister Abbott gave a testimony that she along with her sister was driving and ran out of gas. Because the gas station was so close, they decided to push the car to the station. While pushing the car, at first it was difficult, but it suddenly became quite easy. A passerby told them he was going to help, but he saw a man helping them. Minister Abbott and her sister discerned that the man, actually a spirit being, whom they could not see, was in fact an angel.
      Divers Kinds of Tongues
      This is a common event in our church. Pastor Walker and Minister Walker flow in this gift almost every Sunday and even sometimes during Bible study on Wednesday night. Jesus said in Mark 16:17: “And these signs will accompany those who believe … they will speak in new tongues.”
      Interpretation of Tongues
      Because Divers Kind of Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues work hand in hand, whenever Pastor Walker speaks in tongues, Minister Walker always gives the interpretation. (I Corinthian 12:10) “To another the interpretation of tongues.” Praise God that is about to stop. Now that we know that anyone can give the interpretation, we will now be sensitive to the nudging of the Holy Spirit and raise our hands to give the interpretation. Holy Spirit help us to speak the right words, everything in order and not to draw back in fear!
      Gift of Prophecy
      On July 6, 2006 Reverend Kenneth Copeland prophesied over the Caribbean. “Those that live in the islands of the Caribbean, get ready, get ready, get ready, get ready. Get ready, get ready, get ready! An outpouring of the Holy Ghost has already begun, and it will manifest before the end of the year until people from around the world will be saying, ‘If you can get anywhere in the Caribbean you can get healed.’ ” I personally experience this in a vision. Holy Spirit took me up above St. Thomas and as far as I could see there were a large number of vessels of all types in our harbor. I told Holy Spirit “Where are all these people going, St. Thomas is going to sink.” He told me they are coming here to be healed. I saw, as deformed people disembarked and touched the ground, they were healed instantly. Holy Spirit said physical healing and getting them saved would be the easy part. Because some of these people had been scorned their whole life, they would also need emotional healing. That would be the most time consuming part. It will require much love and patience. He said I would be able to heal them, supply them with enough money in their own currency to buy their families out of slavery and supply them with clothing and food for their families. It was overwhelming at first, but when I learned about Reverend Kenneth Copeland prophecy and heard Pastor Walker say, “If we can do it in our own strength it is not of God,” then I began to let go of the feeling of helplessness caused by the fact that I felt it was an impossible task. Mathew 26:39 “…nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
      Gift of Healing
      I have seen this gift operate in the lives of Pastor Walker, Minister Walker and Minister Abbott. The members of the congregation are called to the front of the church and they have hands layed on them for the purpose of healing. Mark 16:18, “…they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” My daughter came to me earlier in the year and told me she had a bladder infection and wanted me to lay hands on her. Immediately, fear and doubt attacked me and I heard a voice telling me don’t do it, you will look like a fool. It took a lot, but I ignored the voice and layed my hands on her and said a short prayer. I could tell she wanted me to say more, but that was all I felt was needed. All of a sudden, it got crazy busy at work. We forgot all about the issue. The following week she remembered the problem and came to me and said, “Ma, you know the infection is gone, I don’t feel any pain anymore.” She could not remember when the pain stopped she just know that it did. That was a relief! I had forgotten about it as well.
      All the Gifts of the Spirit are fully functioning today, we just have to desire, believe and ask for them and remember, it is as the Spirits wills.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Donna I know exactly what you meant when you said, ” My daughter came to me earlier in the year and told me she had a bladder infection and wanted me to lay hands on her. Immediately, fear and doubt attacked me and I heard a voice telling me don’t do it, you will look like a fool. It took a lot, but I ignored the voice and layed my hands on her and said a short prayer.

Many years ago, I remember I was taking a bath when I felt a lump on my breast and immediately I gently laid my hand on the lump and prayed a prayer of healing and received my healing–I didn’t get into fear because I always remember watching TBN and I heard a pastor said God cannot operate in fear always stay in faith regardless of the circumstances and you will see the power of God.  I liked what Papa Hagin said in the text, “Feelings are the voice of the flesh.  If you are walking by feelings you are being dominated by the flesh. But the Bible tells us to crucify the flesh. If the flesh is crucified, the voice of the flesh is also crucified. You can’t walk by feelings and be a successful christian, for if you are walking by feelings, then your flesh, not your spirit is dominating you.”

Donna thank God you didn’t give into your feelings and your daughter got her healing.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Donna, I agree with your comment regarding Interpretation of tongues and that us now being aware that as the Spirit wills we too will receive an interpretation of the Word thst was sent forth. I didn’t mention in class but during one Sunday Service I received an interpretation, but said nothing nor knew I could say anything.  I always close my eyes and listen with my heart to the Word going forth in tongues. There a moment of silence before Minister Walker began her intetpretation and during that time I was saying the interpretation in my mind. Ofcourse,  it wasn’t word for word as her intetpretation, but it was in agreement.  I’m excited to see how each of us will step forth and operate in these miraculous and supernatural gifts of the spurit.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
      Participant

Give evidence of the gifts operating in the church (Body of Christ) today.

In my opinion, the gifts of healings are always in manifestation in many church that I have attended.  However, in 2008 my friends and I attended one of Pastor Benny Hinn’s meeting in Orlando Florida. We reached around 8:30 am and the meeting was scheduled to start around 4:00 pm.  These meetings a jammed pack so we met people there when we arrived.  I remember one of my friends were sick but she came anyway.  Almost everyone had their Bibles out praying–there was a mixture of speaking in tongues and reciting scriptures.  Around 2:00 pm all you could hear was folks speaking in tongues (I guess you can say they were in one accord) the power of the Holy Spirit swept over the area like a wave and everyone fell on the ground–many got healed my friend included outside the meeting (no laying of hands). When we finally got in, the Holy Spirit presence were even stronger people we were close to the front so where we sat we saw people in wheel chair, on crutches waiting to be healed.  It was the first time I ever witnessed anything miraculous as this.  Pastor Benny Hinn would count 1,2,3 and a loud sound would come from the mike and a wave of people will fall down from the presence of the Holy Spirit. Some of them got their healing right away and were able to go on stage and testify.  Pastor Benny Hinn operates in the gifts of healings.

I just wanted to add that in the text, Papa Hagin said he will pray for the sick by the laying on hands and by anointing with oil–because the Bible says it is the anointing or the power of God, that breaks the yoke (Isa. 10:27), the anointing is on the Word of God. He also stated that the Lord spoke to him concerning his ministry to the sick he became conscious of this other “something” working his ministry and there would be a manifestation to other people through him. When he yielded to the Spirit he saw the difference between healing y simply believing God’s promises and by the operation of the gifts of healings. He said let’s covet the gifts as a body of believers, as a group, and let’s pray for them to be manifested in our midst. He said we should start praying for the fullness of the spiritual gifts to be in manifestation and that it is not a prayer to pray once and then quit.

“Lord these manifestations of you Holy Spirit are for us today. You haven’t taken them out of the Church. You said these gifts are given to the Church; they belong to us and we ought to have them in manifestation. We pray Lord, that they will be in manifestation in our midst..” Amen

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Pamela, Glory to God!!! That must have been such an awesome and life changing experience.  We know that sickness and disease is not the will of God for our lives. Thanks be to God for making these miraculous and supernatural gifts of the spirit available to the Church (Body of Christ). Where would we be without these gifts??

Pam, I believe the gifts of healing were in full effect because the people believed and they were in expectation. Imagine the meeting started at 4pm, but people was already there for almost 8 hours prior to praying and worshipping. And that is what most of our local churches are missing and that is the reason why they would not see the gift of healing in full effect. God has no respecter of persons, the same manifestation we see at Pastor Benny Hinns meetings we can see it right here at Word of Faith, blinds eyes opening, deaf ears hearing, people walking out of wheel chairs, etc.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

The Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit are very active in some Churches today. I state “some” as not all Churches teach on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit. I am forever grateful that I now attend and am a member of a Church that teaches these awesome supernatural gifts of the spirit.

The Gift of Healing is very evident in our Church. I myself have benefited from the laying on of hands for healing. Matthew 9:35 states: “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.” Yes, we must visit Dr.’s and at times we require medication, surgeries and or therapy;  but the power of supernatural healing is awesome!! I  distinctly remember one Wednesday evening Service that Minister Abbott laid hands of healing on me. My faith was activated and when I arose I began high marching and running from side to side. I gave up the fear that was crippling my body and released my faith and claimed my healing. Glory to God!!

Another miraculous gift that’s present and active in our Church today are Divers Kind of Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues. On many occasions Pastor Walker has sent forth a Word and Minister Walker flowed along and gave an Interpretation of that Word. Both gifts must operate together as there must be an interpreter to the Word that has gone forth. I Corinthians 14:27-28 states: “If any man speaks in an unknown tongue, let it be by two or at the most three, and that by course , and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silent in Church; and let him speak to himsrlf, and to God.

I can wholeheartedly say, that I’ve been comforted and or edified from hearing Divers Kind of Tongues and the Interpretations of those Words. The Miraculous Gifts of the Spirits are definitely active in our Churches today.

Ezrikah Aska
      Participant

I definitely do believe that the gifts of the Spirit are active in the prsent day church. I remember the first time I heard the interpretation of tongues, it was soo weird to me. I had just gotten saved at the age of either thirteen or fourteen, and we were having a guest evangelist from Jamaica for our convention. I remember standing at the alter during an altar call, and all of a sudden the atmosphere changed, and weird sounds, for lack pf a better word, started to come from his mouth. It was like a language I’d never heard before, but I had seen on TBN, so I had an idea of what was happening. It brought a hush to the entire room!!! I don’t remember who gave the interpretation, but I do remember that it made me feel encouraged and that I could make it through all that I was going through at that time. Just like the word says in 1 Corinthians 14:4, we were edified that evening!!! I’ve also seen this in operation here at WOF,
      I’ve also seen the goft of the word of knowledge in operation. An evangelist called a lady out of the congregation and brought her to tears. He told her about things from her childhood, things her mother had done that were affecting her life now. She stood.there and cried, shaking her head in agreement. He even mentioned to her something that had happened to her recently, and she just continued to cry her eyes out….he stopped and then he wouldnt proceed in efforts not to lay all of her business out in public. I think he spoke with her privately afterwards. It reminds me.of the woman at the well, how Jesus told her about her husbands she had and the one she was currently with in John 4.
      I do have something that I’m very curious about. Our lesson does state that a word od wisdom can come through a dream or vision. I’ve had instances where I would dream of places and situations years before they manifested. For example, I dreamt about a store in my current workplace about five or six years before I even begun to work there, I knew nothing about any of the stores on main street!! The store wasn’t even in exstence, it was a new location that didn’t open until years after I begun workng at Diamonds International. I remember coworkers asking me “Ezrikah, when are you going over to see the new store?” It wasn’t a rush for me, I felt I would get over there eventually. When I did, it was like dejavu, I had seen this store before, I had been there before!!! I also remember my mother telling me that she had a vision of a coffin one day before my brother’s death. Then when he was gunned down a few days later in his business, and about a week after she went to pick out yhr casket, she screamed…..there was the exact same one from the midday vision she had. Are these both considered to be a word of wisdom, and in my mother’s case, was this vision to prepare her or to tell her to pray to protect my brother? She always wonders if there was something she should have done when she saw what she saw.

Ezrikah, the Word of Wisdom speaks to the future.  So in both instances, God was revealing future events. We know that the gifts as mentioned in 1 Corinthian’s 12 operate as the spirit wills.  So God could have revealed that information to your mom to get her to pray to intercept the enemies plan or to warn her of things to come.

Ezrikah Aska
      Participant

QUESTION FOR MIN. ABBOTT:

Min.Abbot, I’ve witnessed in our services where Pastor Walker would speak in tongues and the interpretation would be given by Min. Walker. I’ve never seen divers kinds of tongues in operation in our service as my classmates state they have. Could I be wrong in my understanding of what divers kinds of tongue means. From my understanding, I took this for when someone speaks in a language they’ve never learned whch is understood by individual(s) that hear it. For example, me speaking in russian tongue at the willing of the Holy Spirit and never having any teaching on speaking russian. But it happens because God has to get a word to whomever it is that speaks in that lanuguage. Divers kinds of tongues would be like what happened in Acts 2:1-8. The scripture says that “they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galileans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?” Though they were all Jews, they were speaking in other languages that were understood by those who thought they were drunk. This was happening as the Spirit gave them the utterance. This seems different from what I’ve witnessed Pastor and Min. Walker demonstrate. Am I incorrect?

Ezrikah, what you witness was Divers kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues when Pastor spoke in tongues and Minister Walker interpreted.  That manifestation was according to 1 Corinthians 12, what we studied in class.

The incident recorded in the book of Acts 2, was when the Holy Spirit was poured out into the earth according to what Joel prophesied about in chapter 2:28.  On that day of Pentecost, believers were gathered in the upper room, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost.  On that day each person was speaking in a language that others were able to identify and understand.  They were praying in their personal prayer language just as you and I do when we pray in other tongues.  and it is possible that that language may be known somewhere around the world.

Are the Miraculous Gifts of the Spirit active in the church today?”  Most definitely! Mark 16:17, stated these signs shall follow them that believe. Therefore, if we are not experiencing signs of the gifts of the spirit, we might need to look at our belief system. I know for a fact that in my church the gifts flows. In my own personal experience, I’ve received a word of wisdom from a Pastor at the church at that time and it totally revolutionized my life. It was not a word that I’ve never heard before, but, rather it was a word of confirmation. From that day forward, I’ve chose to believe even if I’m standing all by myself.

In another experience, I’ve depended on the gift of healing to heal my family and I from a plague that’s been plaguing us for a few years. I remembered Pastor Walker, referred to Philippians 2:10, everything on earth and under the earth must bow to the name of Jesus. We have seen several different doctors and they each gave us a different name and different treatment method, but, the symptoms would go away for a period and then came right back. I’ve decided to call it what it really was, “a plague”. I stand on Psalm 91:10, and boldly decree and declared No plague shall come near my dwelling over my household daily. I can’t tell you when it disappeared, but, I know we are no longer plague with it anymore. With my loudest voice, I say THANK YOU JESUS! You really cannot understand the relief, that I feel, often times I relate it to the relief the woman with the issue of blood must have felt and I’m humbled and grateful.

Thank God for all His gifts working in the body of Christ, the church, Amen.

Donna Riley
      Participant

Yes Stacy, in order for us to do the will of God we must desire these gifts. You know I always wondered and I’m still wondering what Jesus meant by greater works. Okay, yes, no one was saved when He was alive and the salvation of a soul is a great thing to accomplish. I just thought that greater meant something else. Like some miracle that He never did. Jesus did so much when He was alive. How can we top that? Maybe the word that is throwing me off is works. The only thing Jesus hadn’t done is speaking in tongues and interpreting tongues. Is that part of the greater works also?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center