Home Forums Layperson’s I – Section 1 – Benefits of the Cross Forum Benefits of the Cross Forum 3 (Week 3)

Benefits of the Cross Forum 3 (Week 3)

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everybody, this week we will be discussing PEACE for our forum.  What is the difference between peace with God and the peace of God? Also share a scripture regarding PEACE.  I can’t wait to see your post.  Remember to respond to one of your classmates post.  Blessings

People look for peace in many places relationship recreation drugs sex  meditation  just to name are a few yet the word of God says the only source of peace is in Jesus our prince of peace scripture Isaiah 9:6 .You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.Isaiah 26:3. The difference between peace of God and peace with God is to justified by faith knowing he has forgiven us..Roman 5:1 jesus did it all on the cross for us we can walk in the reality of peace.

Diamond Carter
        Participant

I totally agree with you. Before we were saved, peace was so far from us and the devil tried to make us believe we had it.Thank God for His peace that comes through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Thank it true Christina.  People look for peace in so many places but true peace comes from God.

Diamond Carter
      Participant

<p>Peace with God is what we have to do to get back in harmony with him after the fall of Adam. In Romans 5:1 it says; Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: The peace of God is our state of mind and heart. It is rest that we have in God that he is for us. As long as we believe that he is God and meditate on what he has said in his Word, and not the cares of this world we will have that peace if God. It’s the assurance we have from and in him. ROMANS 8:6 sums it up; For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually mined is life and peace.  </p>

Jesus said my peace I leave with you father thank you for purchasing our peace on the cross so that we can come boldly into your presence as our friend LEAD US BY YOUR PEACE WE CASE ALL OUR CARES ON YOU WE TRUST YOU TO ACCOMPLISH MY PURPOSE FOR MY LIFE BRING TO LIGHT ANY AREAS OF MY HEART SOUL AND MIND THAT ARE CAUSING US TO SACRIFICE YOUR PEACE AND FALL SHORT OF GREAT PLANS FOR ME REIGN IN MY LIFE AS PEACE IS WHAT WE NEED .I WILL BOTH LIE DOWN IN PEACE AND SLEEP FOR YOU ALONE O LORD MAKE ME DWELL IN SAFETY.PSALM 4:8.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Hi classmates. The difference to me that peace with God is a relationship issue and the peace of God is what you get when you relationship is established. In other words it’s a fruit of the relationship This goes back to the trust issue. When you know that you know that you know that you know that God is for you and loves you, you can rest. He’s working it out and all together for my good.  There are no questions like “God are you hearing me? Why this or that?” There is just a flow and a rest. In John 14:27 Jesus says “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” Jesus gives it to us but we have to take it.

Donna Riley
        Participant

This is so true Stacy. It requires a lot of meditating and constant repetition of the word daily. This requires diligence. Sometimes this is hard because we are so busy looking at the problem which only makes it seem to grow and grow instead of meditating on the solution which doesn’t appear to be anywhere on the horizon. This requires us to grow in faith and that is not always pleasant or easy. However, this is definitely the solution and in the end we do find that peace.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Stacy, I agree with you, as one must be in a relationship in order to trust.  God peace is a place of rest.  It would be hard to trust or rest in one you have no fellowship with.

Monica,  I agree with you, as when you have peace of God or God’s peace you are not in fear or worry. You in full assurance that Jesus got it.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Stacy, I agree that once we’re confident that God is with us, we have His peace. It is a benefit of our relationship with Him. The peace of God surpasses all understanding because of it’s awesome power!

Donna Riley
      Participant

The word with means possessing (something) as a feature or accompaniment. In order to have peace with God, we must be connected to our creator. God possesses peace. He is peace. So, in order for us to have this peace, we must be connected or have a relationship with Him. In 2 Corinthians 13:11 the Apostle Paul says it this way – Finally, brothers, rejoice, aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
      The word of means expressing the relationship between a part and a whole. Once connected to God, the peace of God comes when you meditate, believe and trust what God says about you.When the problems in your life try to weigh you down, remember John 16:33 Jesus said, “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” This is the assurance we have that whatever we are going thru will not overcome us, but it too shall pass.

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Donna, that’s why our relationship with Him is so important! Without a strong bond we can’t have the peace of God. The peace that is a result of trusting Him. The peace that assures us that everything will be ok. The peace that keeps our hearts and minds settled.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

Philippians 4:7 states; And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ.

Romans 5:1 states; Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

To have peace with God means our hearts and minds are settled, content due to our faith and trust in God. Free from torment, worry and strife because we put our trust in Him.

The peace of God is granted unto us based on our relationship with Him. Once we accept Him into our hearts as the leader of our lives, His peace is with us.

Rhonda
        Participant

Monica, I am so thankful that one of the benefits of having a relationship & faith in the Heavenly Father is the peace of God. We must continue to trust in God daily.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

The different between the peace of God, and the world peace, is that the peace that we received from God is that of tranquility of mind. In addition, it is being free from fear and worry. Unlike the peace that the world gives, that peace is conditional. It is according to how one feel. No stability. John 14:27 stated, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give onto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” In content of this verse it was speaking about the Holy Ghost, that spirit within.

Rhonda
      Participant

Peace with God comes when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Jesus then makes us righteous through “The Great Exchange”. The Peace of God is placed in the believer’s heart and mind when we trust in Him and meditate on the Word.

The Word of God states in Isaiah 32:17-18: And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

Marita Smith
      Participant

The difference between the peace of God and Peace with God:

Peace with God is for those who does not know Jesus as their Lord and savior. They don’t have the assurance and the knowing that God has their backs so they are moved by how they feel. They are always concerned, worried, they have no tranquility.  Isaiah 48:22 sates There is no peace for the wicked.

The peace of God is one of the fruits of the spirit that you receive when you make Jesus Lord and ruler over your life. You can rest and feel secure that he has you on his mind, and he is working everything out for your good. Philippians 4:7 says And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Even in the mist of a storm you can rest and be assured and don’t have to worry or be concerned. Wth your mind stayed on him he will bring you out to safety.                        

Roxanne Rhymer
        Participant

Rhonda because of that word in Isaiah 32:17-18, we can rest in comfort knowing that we don’t have to be anxious for anything because in a peaceable habitation.  Thanks for sharing that one.

Marita Smith
      Participant

Rhonda I have to agree with you, when we were lost in sin we had no peace. Because of the great exchange that was made on cross and the atonement that were made for us, we were made free when we accepted Jesus as Lord over our lives. We can have the peace of God that transends our heart and minds through Christ Jesus.

Roxanne Rhymer
      Participant

This was a right on time study for me because I have been praying for peace.  Peace for my home, peace over my children and so forth, but I never really stopped to study about peace.  Like so many other things having to do with God; we have a way of complicating it.  But here is what I learned I already have peace with and of God!

<b>Peace with God </b>comes when we receive Him into our hearts.  A born again believer is no longer and enemy of the Lord.      James 4:4 NIV  – You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God?  Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.   When we accepted Jesus we said goodbye to past sins and stepped into peace with God.  We are no longer far off, we can come boldly to him because we are at peace.

The Peace of God  comes from knowing that we have peace with him.  We also have received the Holy Spirit so he brings along with Him the fruit of the Spirit – one of them being his peace.

Galatians 5:22 says, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control…”

Once we keep our minds on Him, and stay seated with Him, then we can ask what we want no matter what is going on around us and have His perfect peace.  Peace that surpasses all understanding.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

<p>Rhonda and Marita, I agree with you both that when you are out in the world and lost in sin it is not possible to have peace. We can try to convince ourselves that we are at peace with what we are doing and how we are living but inside is always unsettled.  We just gloss over it because we have to keep it moving but it is always there because only Jesus can take it away.</p>

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Roxanne, I stand in agreement with you for peace for you, your children, family and home. I pray that the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

Peace with God allow one to fellowship with him, where as, the peace of God abided with-in us. However, we have to trust and rest in him (his word) knowing that he cares for us. Trusting in him activates the peace with-in.

14:27 stated, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give onto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

Students, before we are born again we are actually enemies of God, hostile towards God.  We were born with a sin nature that went against God in every way.  At that time we did not have peace with God.  Why?  Because of sin.   But according to Isaiah 53:5 says, “the chastisement of our peace was upon him….”  What does the word chastisement mean?  It refers to correction or punishment.  The chastisement needful to procure our peace or well-being was upon JESUS!!!   Jesus took the punishment that was rightfully due us.  He did this to secure our peace with God or so that we could be reconciled to God. Now, because of this we are children of God instead of enemies.  Romans 5:1 (PHILLIPS) says,  Since then it is by faith that we are justified (made righteous), let us grasp the fact that we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have confidently entered into this new relationship of grace, and here we take our stand, in happy certainty of the glorious things he has for us in the future..

Rhonda
        Participant

Minister Abbott it’s hard to grasp hold that I was once an enemy of God because I was born into sin. I am so thankful that God loves me so much he gave his Son as a ransom for me.

Donna Riley
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>And whats more Rhonda it upsets me when I think I had no choice of being born into sin, it was automatic. That is why it is so important the way we live our lives. This will determine the blessings or curses we leave for our future generation. When we have peace with God and the peace of God this creates an environment wherever we go where we are happy, well and prosperous. This is the type of inheritance we want for our selves and our future generation.</p>

Monica Harrigan
        Participant

Minister Abbott, as hard as it is for us to accept that we were enemies of God, I understand it. We were born into sin. We had a nature of sin. Anyone born into sin are enemies of God unless born again. I’m so ever great full that Christ died for me and took on that chastisement. Through me being born again I have the peace of God because of that relationship.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

Minister Abbot, seeing myself in this position of God’s enemy before being saved was shocking, I must say.  I don’t even want to think that I was in that category.  I had to break this down and I get it now.  Adam’s sin made is so that we were separated from God – i.e. not with Him.  If you’re not with Him, you’re against Him and if are against Him, you’re his enemy.  I know it sounds basic but had to wrap my head around it this way. Thank you Lord that you sent your Son Jesus Christ to break down that wall of partition between us so that we can be at peace with you!

Stacy and Rhoda, that is a hard pill to swallow but it was because of Adam and when he sin we were in him. One of the immediate affects of the Fall was that all humanity was separated from God.  That includes you and me.  Like Stacy said separated from God, “not with God.”  At that point we were considered enemies of God and we incurred the penalty of physical and spiritual death.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Benefits of the Cross Forum 3 (Week 3)’ is closed to new replies.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center