Home Forums Layperson’s II – Section 4 – Covenants Covenants – Discussion Forum – Week 2: January 15-21, 2017

Covenants – Discussion Forum – Week 2: January 15-21, 2017

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Covenants – Discussion Forum – Week 2:  January 15 – January 21, 2017

Welcome to Layperson’s Bible School, Covenant course.  We are going to have an exciting time digging deeper into the scriptures concerning this subject.  For our second week’s forum view the video below by Reverend Kenneth Copeland entitled, “The Unbreakable Power in the New Covenant,” dated April 24, 2016, by clicking the link:    http://kcm.org/watch/tv-broadcast/the-unbreakable-power-the-new-covenant

No peeking at other students responses before posting your own.

RULES FOR THE FORUM:  The forum opens every Sunday, In our forum discussions, you will post your response to my question(s) and then post a response to two (2) of your classmates to receive full credit.  You must post your response by THURSDAY of each week to receive credit.  Don’t forget to check your grammar and spelling because you will be graded on it.   I can’t wait to read your responses.  Enjoy the video!!!!!

QUESTIONS:

1. What is the most important thing you learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant?
      2. What is the difference between the two covenants Old and New?  Can the New Covenant be broken by any Christian?  Explain

Rhonda
      Participant

After watching the video, one of the most important things that I learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that I can’t break it. This is because the covenant was made between God and the resurrected Jesus Christ (my High Priest & covenant partner). Jesus reconciled me unto God when he died on the cross and presents me holy and without blemish before God. I can break my fellowship with the New Covenant if I sin, but there is a promise to repair my fellowship in the New Covenant. The Word of God tells me in I John 1:9, “If I confess my sins, he is faithful and just to forgive my sins, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.” I am so thankful that I don’t have to live in broken fellowship because Jesus is my advocate (according to I John 2:1). I also learned that when I call upon the name of Jesus, I am calling upon the New Covenant agreement and exercising my Blood Covenant rights!

The Old Covenant (Abrahamic Covenant) was made between God and Abraham in the Old Testament. Under the Old Covenant there was a curse. The New Covenant was made between God and Jesus, it is a better and eternal covenant. The major difference between the Old and the New Covenant is the blood of Jesus. Mathew 26:8, Jesus said, “…this is my blood of the new covenant that is being poured out for many people for the forgiveness of sins.” The blood of Jesus Christ (“once for all” sacrifice) did away with the curse under the Old Covenant. Also, unlike the Old Covenant the blood of Jesus cleanses and removes condemnation, instead of covering up (atonement) sin and gives eternal life (new birth). A born-again believer cannot break the New Covenant because it is between God and Jesus (an immortal man), only our fellowship with it can be broken. The good news is that this broken fellowship can be restored when a believer confesses his/her sins to Jesus Christ, according to John 1:9.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Rhonda, because Jesus was obedience by shedding His blood we are now reconciled to God and partakers of the unbreakable covenant God made with Jesus. To know that we were completely out of the covenant it’s scary, just knowing we had no hope in this world. Wow!

Denise Torres-Hodge
        Participant

I can agree with Rhonda with After watching the video I learned that I can’t break it the Covenant. because the covenant was made between God and the resurrected Jesus Christ (my High Priest & covenant partner). It only because Jesus reconciled me unto God when he died on the cross and is now our Lord and Savior can I access forgiveness.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Rhonda thank God we cannot break the New Covenant because it is between God and Jesus. If it were up to me it would have been broken long time this faith walks gets to overwhelming sometimes if you do not keep Jesus at the center of your life. Good read.

Marita Smith
        Participant

Rhonda as you said; we don’t have to live in broken fellowship because of Jesus, it’s a blessing to know that it can be restored; I’m also thankful for that. It’s also good news that we have an advocate in Jesus advocating on our behalf that when we call upon his name, we are calling upon our new covenant agreement that is rightfully ours.

Monica Harrigan
      Participant

The most important thing I learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that I nor anyone else, not even the law can break it. The New Covenant is a Blood Covenant between God and Jesus. I can alter my fellowship by committing sins; but that doesn’t break the covenant in and of itself. It is unbreakable. The New Covenant is FOREVER!!!

The difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant is the Blood. The blood got rid of the curse under the Old Covenant whereas, with the blood it is unbreakable and forever. The New Covenant is between the Almighty God and the resurrected Jesus. The New Covenant can’t be broken by any Christian. Our “fellowship ” can suffer due to us committing sins, but the promise of IJohn 1:9 states; “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Our fellowship can and will be repaired if we sin. I thank God for this New Covenant and his promises that was made with this New Covenant.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Monica, knowing that no-one can break the covenant was an eye opener to me also. I never look at it that way; that’s why it is not our righteousness but Jesus who shed His blood. Because of that, God looks at the blood when we mess up. I believe our big brother stand up in our place and say “I PLEAD THE BLOOD OF MY COVENANT.”

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Monica yes I side you when you say that it’s a unbreakable and ithe New Covenant is forever.

And it’s the right when you say the New Covenant was between the Almighty and the resurrected Jesus

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Monica thank God we serve an awesome God who went ahead and made a way out where there seems to be no way by cleaning up our mess!

Raphael Ottley
      Participant

What is the most important thing you learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant? The most important thing that I learned from this video is that the power of the New Covenant is unbreakable because it was given to us by our high priest which is Christ Jesus and ask him to forgive us of that sin because of the covenant we have with him.

What is the difference between the two Covenant old and new ?Can the New Covenant be broken by any Christian ?Explain The difference between the old and the New was because the old covenant had the levitical Priesthood and God had bound himself with an oath to the Old Covenant he said by myself have l sworn .But New Covenant was bound to God by his son Jesus Christ when he went to the cross .And the difference of the two Covenant was made in blood.

And no Christian can’t break the New Covenant because it was made in blood .But Christian can break fellowship with God but a Christian can go to the throne of God and ask forgiveness.and we have a High Priestwe can go to which is Christ Jesus.

Lilly Chalwell
        Participant

Raphael, It’s a privilege that we can go boldly to (1 John 1:9) when we mess up. Because of our covenant right God will forgive us and remember our sin no more. What a merciful God we serve!

Rhonda
        Participant

Raphael, I am so thankful that we are no longer bound to the Leviticus Priesthood. We can go boldly to the throne of mercy and grace and seek forgiveness. We have the surety of Jesus Christ for the New Covenant.

Lilly Chalwell
      Participant

What I have learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that when I called upon the name of Jesus, I am calling upon the unbreakable Covenant, which he made with Jesus. Because I am heir with Jesus according to the promises, I can partake from that same covenant God bestow upon Him.
      The different between the two covenants the Old and New is the
      Blood. In the New Covenant, God swore an oath by His blood, whereas, in the Old Covenant they had to bring animal scarifies to receive the blood. We as Christian cannot break the New Covenant. We can break fellowship, but even if we do, we have a promise of repair in 1 John 1:9 when we mess up. Also, the Covenant was cut between God and Jesus, the Godhead. We came in on Jesus side as stated in Eph. 2:11-12, we were outside the covenant of promise and without hope in this world. Thank God for bringing us in, which allow us to be a partnership with Jesus Christ. Amen!

Raphael Ottley
        Participant

Lilly you are right when you stay that the difference of the Old Covenant and New Covenant was cut between God and Jesus Christ which was the God head.

And it’s true when you say that we learn about the unbreakable in the New Covenant

Denise Torres-Hodge
        Participant

I agree with lily, learning a believer cannot break the covenant was enlightening to me. I never looked at it that way. It’s interesting to think why we can’t break it. We can’t break it because it’s not our righteousness, but Jesus who shed His blood. This is why God looks at the blood not our sins, and confession washes us white as snow.

Rhonda
        Participant

Lilly, I am so thankful that we are indeed heirs with Jesus according to the promises. God’s words do not return unto Him void!

Marita Smith
        Participant

Lilly isn’t good to know that if we mess up we don’t break covenant with God, but break fellowship and that God is so good that he don’t want us to stay in condemnation; but provided a promise of repair in 1John 1:9. It’s also so good to know that we are in partnership with Jesus Christ, and we can partake of all that belongs to him. Thank You Jesus!!

Pamela Browne-Hodge
      Participant
      1. What is the most important thing you learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant? The most important thing I have learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that you nor I or no other christian, can break the new covenant. We can break our fellowship with it. However, even in the covenant there is a promise to repair; in other words, when we mess up our fellowship or we sin we can come to our high priest Jesus and confess that sin. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The covenant is between God Almighty and the resurrected Lord, Jesus, a born-again Holy Ghost baptized resurrected man. Jesus is my blood brother.
      2. What is the difference between the two covenants old and new? Can the New covenant be broken by any Christian? Explain. According to brother Kenneth Copeland, the difference between the two covenants old and new is the blood–the blood of Jesus did away with the curse under the old covenant. Again, as I stated earlier, you nor I or no other Christian can break the new covenant. We can only break our fellowship with it. Additionally, in the first covenant God made covenant with Abraham and walked in blood and swore to him, “so shall thy seed be” and that immediately talks to you and me. According to Galatians 3, “And if you be in Christ then are you Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise (covenant). In addition, according to Ephesians 2:11-12, “You were outside the covenant, that at the time you were without Christ–you were without the Anointed One in your life being aliens from the common wealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise.” Now if you are a stranger from the covenant of promise you have no hope, because hope comes from being in that covenant with God. It’s not going to get any better until God changes something and hope comes from going to the Book and finding a promise that covers your situation and when you find that you immediately know that belongs to you because you and I have a blood covenant with God. There is no way this covenant is not going to come to pass for you and I–because from God’s part it is already done. God has already made a covenant with you and I–all our needs are supplied according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus; by the anointing of Jesus. According to brother Copeland, one do not have hope and do not have a prayer until he/she becomes a covenant partner with Jesus. Now anything that belongs to Him belongs to us–so all we need to do is go and find out what the Father promised Him when He raised Him from the dead and He swore oath to Him. “I will be to him a Father and He will be to me a Son.” He swore an entire new covenant to Him. God is in control of the church and the church has dominion and authority over the world and the devil in it. Glory be to God!

Celise Mahoney
      Participant

One of the most important things that I have learned about the unbreakable power in the new convenant is it is a blood sworn oath between the God Almighty and the Reseructed Christ Jesus.  It is a sworn oath between God and the immortal man Christ Jesus, part of the God head, and to us as Abraham seed according to the promise or covenant.  I thank and praise my God he is my blood brother,  because of the new covenant. I  learned about the role God has in the covenant, as well as the role of the covenant partners.  We know that God will never break his part of the covenant. It is up to us as partners to keep our part of the covenant. But if we sin or break fellowship with the covenant,  we have in the same covenant,  the promise of repair in our high priest.  1st John 1:9 if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  As my high priest is jesus, I can claim this promise of 1st John 1-9. One of the promises under the new covenant is that there is no more curse.  This video helped me to understand  how important being in a covenant relationship with God really is. That being in covenant with God is to have hope, . Eph 2:11- 12, surely speaks about being gentiles by birth and, aliens, strangers, cut off from the Commonwealth of Israel and with out hope, of  the anointed one and his anointing.   The moment we accepted Jesus as our Savior. We became convenant partners with God through his son,  by the blood and the promise as the seed of Abraham. The video also taught me that being in a covenant relationship with God give hope to the belivers,  when we didn’t have a prayer or any hope. Is also shows where we get our hope for the circumstances in our lives, and how to get this hope and claim it, because everything Jesus has now belongs to me, through the covenant.  After viewing this video I got such a quickening in my spirt knowing that people that we love are living without this hope and without the promises of a covenant relationship with God. It makes me more diligent than ever before to stay in a covenant relationship with our God, that the promises of the covenant may manifest in the lives of the believer, and our love ones may surrender their lives to our Lord and Savior,  Christ Jesus.

The difference between the two covenants is the BLOOD of Jesus. It is a sworn blood oath between God Almighty and the immortal man Christ Jesus.  The blood of Jesus did away with all the curses under the old covenant,and the blood of Jesus gives us new and better promises;  ex: we are the head and not the tail, blessed going in and going out, that when I call in the name of Jesus I am calling on the covenant and the covenant keeping God. I amust calling on  my mediator and high priest, my advocate.  That I am under the new covenant,  with the anointed one and his anointing.  And we are no longer aliens, strangers,  separate from the Commonwealth of Israel.  We can stand on the promise  in Phili. 4:19 But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

NO, You and I nor any other christian,  cannot break the new covenant.  Because it is a blood sworn oath between God Almighty and the Reseructed Christ Jesus.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Celise, this video, the class and the readings have also really stirred my spirit and given me hope.  The more that I understand the New Covenant and the Old Covenant my hope grows and my faith increases.  It is the Bible, just live Reverend Copeland said.  The Bible is the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.  Understanding what a covenant really is has been life changing.  You have to know who you are covenant with; God first of course, but also a spouse, bank etc.

Marita Smith
      Participant

The most important thing that I have learned about the unbreakable power in the new covenant is that I have been reconciled back to God through the finished work of Jesus when he went on the cross and died for me. The new covenant was a blood covenant made between Almighty God and the resurrected Lord Jesus. Only if I commit sin, that the fellowship with the new covenant would be broken, but the covenant itself remains in tact.

The difference between the two covenants old and new is the blood of Jesus, the old covenant was made between Jesus and Abraham. The blood of animals were offered up for the sins of the people, Jesus’s blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins, he was the once and for all the ultimate sacrifice, which did away with the curse under the old covenant.

The new covenant was made between God and Jesus, God swore an oath by his blood it cannot be broken, its  eternal. It’s a new covenant with better promises, I don’t have to go through the priest to make atonement or a covering for me, I can go  boldly before the throne of grace that I could obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of my needs. As a joint heir with Christ everything that’s in the blood covenant belongs to me.

As Christians we cannot broke the covenant, the only thing that can be broken is our fellowship with it if we commit sin. Thank God he always have a plan if we did miss it. He provided a promise of repair in 1John 1:9 that if we confess the sin he is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, the sin would be remitted and he would look at it as if it had never happened and he would remember it no more.

Donna Riley
        Participant

Marita when I read the book of Leviticus, I thank God that we live under the New Covenant. All those rituals and rules and regulations. It must have been exhausting and cumbersome for the Israelites. Not to mention the additional rules the Pharisees placed on the people. Thank God for Jesus.

Walter Brown
      Participant

1. The most important thing you learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that there is nothing we as man can do to break this covenant with our God.

2. The difference between the two covenants Old and New the old was between God and Abram. It used the blood of cows, goats, sheep’s, doves. The New Covenant is between God and Jesus and it is a much better covenant. By His Blood.  And No the New Covenant cannot be broken it is between God and Jesus Christ. It is His Blood that cleans us and made us free from the bondage of sin. We can only be separated by fellowship. God made sure of that He used a built in clause 1 John 1:9

Donna Riley
        Participant

You are so right Walter! If God had left it up to us, we would have messed up again just like Adam did. This time God made sure we were going to get into the kingdom which meant we could not have an impact on the permanence of the agreement. Our only contribution is to agree or disagree.

Ezrikah Aska
      Participant

WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU LEARNED ABOUT THE INBREAKABLE POWER IN THE NEW COVENANT?
      The seriousness of borrowing hit home for me. I understood that the Word says that the borrower is servant to the lender, or so I thought. I didn’t see it as a covenant!! I’m giving that institution entrance into my life, and its binding!! That’s why God wants me to walk in who He says I am, a lender and not a borrower, I shall lend unto many nations and shall not borrow…it really came alive for me. Then I understood why I have to ask in Jesus’s name, its because this covenant, this blood sworn agreement, this contract, it is between God and Jesus..I get a better understanding of why Jesus said to ask in His name. Jesus asks on my behalf, but God moves on His behalf because of their blood binding agreement, because of the New Covenant between them.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO COVENANTS OLD AND NEW? CAN THE NEW COVENANT BE BROKEN BY ANY CHRISTIAN? EXPLAIN.
      The difference between the two is the blood: Jesus’s blood did away with the curses that were under the old covenant. The blood of bull and goats did not have the powerful effect like that of Jesus.
      No, we can only break fellowship with it. And even then, there’s a promise to repair when we mess up, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This New covenant cannot be broken by us because its not between us and God, but between God and the immortal man Jesus.

Stacy Gregoire
        Participant

Ezrikah, what you said about the borrowing really hit home for me as well.  When I first started watching the video I thought “Am I watching the right video?”  What does loans and banks have to do with the Covenant?  We don’t look on it as a covenant today because it is so commonplace.  We look at loans / borrowing as a contract but it really is a covenant.  The problem with this one is that we are unequally yoked in this contract and the favor is on the other side.  We become the servant.

Jettanyia Gumbs
        Participant

Wow Mrs. Ezrica I hadn’t seen it this way before but the way you explained it seems right. The covenant is between God the father and his son Jesus Christ. The area about being a lender really hit home for me as well…I always by the grace of God had very strong convictions about borrowing money…and this really drove it home for me as well…thanks again for your insight.

Stacy Gregoire
      Participant

The most important thing that I learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that it is the strongest bond in the universe and it cannot be broken. It is a Covenant between God and Jesus Christ and is immutable, unchangeable and unbreakable.  As we discussed in last week’s forum, God’s exalts His Word above His Name,  The Son is like the Father and His word is His bond.  In fact, John 1:1 tells us that Jesus is the Word.  This Covenant was not just made with Words.  It was made with Blood.  It is a Blood Covenant.  God fixed it so that all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior can become part of and have access to that Covenant as Jesus’s blood brother.  Thank you Lord!

The difference between the Old and the New Covenant is the Blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for the remission of our sins.  The blood of animals that was shed continually in the Old Covenant only covered sin but the Blood of Jesus did away with sin and the curse that we were under.  It wiped it out once and for all.

The New Covenant cannot be broken by any Christian.  First of all, as discussed above, the New Covenant is between God and Immortal Man (Jesus Christ).  We are grafted into the New Covenant but we didn’t make it.  We can’t break what we didn’t make.  What we can do and unfortunately do do is break fellowship.  However, our God thinks of everything and provides a way for us to heal the breach and restore fellowship. I John 1:9 says that “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse of from all unrighteousness.”

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

I agree with you Stacie, Thank You Lord! Jesus is our blood brother–our Covenant Partner, what He has belongs to us.

Donna Riley
      Participant

The most important thing I learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant is that it cannot be broken because it is between God the Father and an immortal man, Jesus Christ. We the Christians came in on Jesus’s side. Also all hope comes from the covenant. If we are not in covenant with God we have no hope. Our hope comes when we have a particular problem and we go to the Bible to find scriptures that are the solution to the problem. We can claim what the scriptures say because of the unbreakable Blood Covenant.

The difference between the Old and the New Covenant is the blood.  Unlike the blood of animals which only covered sin, the blood of Jesus completely removed the sin or did away with the curse under the Old Covenant.

No, the New Covenant cannot be broken because the Covenant partner, God the Father, who designed the contract has the full and complete power. The Christian can either accept or reject the New Covenant, but cannot change it. The covenant is made between God the Father and Jesus the man. The Christian can break their fellowship with it, however there is a provision where our fellowship can be reinstated or repaired. The Christian can go to the High Priest, Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness and it will be granted thus reinstating their fellowship.

Pamela Browne-Hodge
        Participant

Donna isn’t God awesome! Even when we become weary in well doing and fall out of fellowship with Him, He makes a way out where there seems to be no way–to repair and reinstate us to back to Him. Glory be to God!

Jettanyia Gumbs
        Participant

I agree with you Mrs.Donna we have a choice to accept or reject the covenant but we cannot change. I’m so great fun that God always gives us a choice, he never tries to force his will unto us.

It’s a privilege to know that our Covenant with God cannot be broken. It’s an everlasting Covenant, and  it was sealed with the blood of the perfect sacrifice, Jesus.

Great responses!!  May God continue to pour out his blessing upon you, in this year of Fabulous outpouring.

Jettanyia Gumbs
      Participant

The most important thing I learned about the unbreakable power in the new covenant is its its sealed with blood. I learned blood covenants are more binding than pen, or verbal contracts. Also this Covenant is between man and God himself.

Both the old and new covenants are sealed by blood. The difference between the two is the source of the blood. In the old covenant the blood came from animal sacrifices. In Leviticus chapters 1-4 God clearly delineates the requirements animals had to meet to be used as a sacrifice. These sacrifices were required on a daily and continual bases, each sacrifice could only cleanse certain sins. In the new covenant, our loving Heavenly Father loved us so much that he gave his only begotten son Jesus as the sacrifice. He was the perfect sacrificial lamb spotless without blemish. It was one sacrifice once and for all, and It covers all sins. Since it is a covenant made by God it can never be broken by man. Thanks and praise be to God at all times.

Denise Torres-Hodge
      Participant

1. What is the most important thing you learned about the unbreakable power in the New Covenant?
      I learn that It is all about covenant between God Almighty and the Resurrected Jesus / Man. There is a born-again man (our Lord and Savior) in the Godhead. He is our blood brother who represents us in Heaven. This is where a believer’s study should begin. It’s all about God and an immortal man. Ephesians 2:11 explains what we are like without Christ and arranged from the covenant of the promise. Hope comes from the promise of God to Jesus. This world without Jesus is to be without hope. Hope is manifested by going in the bible, seeking scriptures for your situation and mediating on it. This will pull forth from the supernatural into the natural all your needs through Jesus Christ. We are covenant partner with Jesus and as joint heirs, we can access all His processions. God swore oath to Jesus saying “I would be to him a Father and he would be to me a Son” This was an entirely new sworn covenant to Jesus. Calling upon the name of Jesus is to call upon this covenant.

2. What is the difference between the two covenants Old and New?
      The 1st Covenant God made with Abram and walked in blood and swore to him saying “so shall thy seed be”. This means in Gal 3, believers are joint heirs of Abraham through his seed according to the promise and covenant. The 2nd and New Covenant is the Blood. The blood of Jesus did away the with the curse under the old covenant.

3) Can the New Covenant be broken by any Christian? Explain
      No Christian can break the New covenant. We can break our fellowship with the covenant, but even in the covenant there a promise to repair our fellowship when broken from sin. The repairer is done by going to the father and asking for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ. The convent is between God and the resurrected Jesus.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 2015 Copyright Word of Faith International Christian Center